ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Official Rick and Morty thread
bowener 07:58 PM 03-26-2014
I searched and could not find anything on here about this awesome show.

Seriously, if you like animated shows for adults, then you have to watch this fucking show.

It is on adultswim, you can watch episodes online.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 08:08 PM 04-05-2017
Oooooweeeeee what's the deal with season 3?
[Reply]
unlurking 08:44 PM 04-05-2017
Where are my testicles Summer? Where have they gone?

Love this show. Back to Season 1, Episode 2. Not sure how long they'll be cycling through.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:45 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Where are my testicles Summer? Where have they gone?

Love this show. Back to Season 1, Episode 2. Not sure how long they'll be cycling through.
"Jerry. Here to rub my face in urine again?"
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:44 AM 04-08-2017
Season premiere is on YouTube.

This may be the most cleverly creative show I have ever seen.
[Reply]
bowener 09:34 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Season premiere is on YouTube.

This may be the most cleverly creative show I have ever seen.
I think I agree. It is a brilliant set up. They can avoid all kinds of problems that sitcoms/animated series run into. They can have extremely serious material that feels slightly lighter since it is animated, and they can have ridiculous events occur because it is animated and takes place in an infinite multiverse. There is literally no limit to what they can do, and it remains plausible within the rules of the universe(s) they created. I fucking love it.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:35 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by bowener:
I think I agree. It is a brilliant set up. They can avoid all kinds of problems that sitcoms/animated series run into. They can have extremely serious material that feels slightly lighter since it is animated, and they can have ridiculous events occur because it is animated and takes place in an infinite multiverse. There is literally no limit to what they can do, and it remains plausible within the rules of the universe(s) they created. I ****ing love it.
fUCK.

Did I miss the 1st ep of season 3?
[Reply]
Rausch 10:37 AM 04-13-2017
BTW is "Harmantown" the huge boost to understanding his writing I've been hearing about or is it just fanboy preachings?...
[Reply]
Bowser 10:38 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
fUCK.

Yes, yes you did. Get out from under your rock a little more often.

You can thank me later -

[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:40 AM 04-13-2017
fUCK.

The Internet melted down April 1 when CN showed it on a loop all evening without advance warning.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:40 AM 04-13-2017
BTW - Planet Express ship at 1:30
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:49 AM 04-13-2017
BTW is "Harmantown" the huge boost to understanding his writing I've been hearing about or is it just fanboy preachings?...
Hard to say. Its . . . a lot of things.

It's a live show, with Dan, Jeff Davis [as 'moderator], Spencer Crittenden [a former audience member Dan took under his wing who interjects wisecracks and DMs role playing sessions], and usually a guest or two.

A lot of it is driven by Dan's steam of consciousness. Sometimes he's drunk and rambles. Sometimes he's mad, . . . and rambles. Sometime's he's political. Sometimes it's just random fun. For instance there are regularly impromptu extended freestyle rap sessions, . . . just 'yo mama' lines rapped of the top fo the dome. For a long time, they held D&D type role playing adventure sessions.

The only way to have an idea what to expect is to listen for a while. But it's very often entertaining and funny in some manner or another. And the best reply to your question is you do get a good sense of Dan's personality., but it's rarely and only tangentially focused on his television work. It's not a 'here's what's happening on my TV show, show.

They've moved away from the role playing part, but only because it's so popular they turned it into a series. But this will still give you a compact glimpse into the nature of the proceedings.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by bowener:
I think I agree. It is a brilliant set up. They can avoid all kinds of problems that sitcoms/animated series run into. They can have extremely serious material that feels slightly lighter since it is animated, and they can have ridiculous events occur because it is animated and takes place in an infinite multiverse. There is literally no limit to what they can do, and it remains plausible within the rules of the universe(s) they created. I fucking love it.
I just watched the Purge Planet episode and it was funny as shit while clearly tossing out a ton of social commentary.

Just an outstanding show.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:00 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
A lot of it is driven by Dan's steam of consciousness. Sometimes he's drunk and rambles. Sometimes he's mad, . . . and rambles. Sometime's he's political. Sometimes it's just random fun.
Sounds exactly like what I do here...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:36 PM 04-13-2017
Recent episode

Highlight collection

[Reply]
sd4chiefs 11:27 PM 05-17-2017
Judge Morty: State of Georgia Vs. Rick Allen

From a transcript from a REAL court case that happened word for word. It's kind of like looking at a Thread in D.C.

NSFW

It's kind of like looking at a Thread in D.C.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up