ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 171
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Kopinto 05:34 PM 11-16-2020
I vote for the Game of Thrones, Sherlock and Breaking Bad. TGoT would be a sheer masterpiece if they had shot a normal season finale.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:06 AM 11-17-2020
Who's gonna give Big Sky a shot. Not a whole lot to look forward to on network, but this has promise. David E Kelley, adapting what I understand is a popular novel, . . . sex trafficking, open road America with its promise and danger, detective work, vigilante justice.

Could turn out a turd, but I've seen decent buzz

[Reply]
Buehler445 05:56 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Who's gonna give Big Sky a shot. Not a whole lot to look forward to on network, but this has promise. David E Kelley, adapting what I understand is a popular novel, . . . sex trafficking, open road America with its promise and danger, detective work, vigilante justice.

Could turn out a turd, but I've seen decent buzz

I’m not sure I trust network to not water it down and make it lowest common denominator garbage.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:07 PM 12-05-2020
The Undoing on HBO

Matilda De Angelis

OMFG
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:20 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The Undoing on HBO

Matilda De Angelis

OMFG
Stop, you'll regret not stopping.

Though she is blazing hot.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:21 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m not sure I trust network to not water it down and make it lowest common denominator garbage.
Plus one for John Deere wisdom.

It's not horrible, but it's LCD broadcast material for sure.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:27 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The two shows I'm currently must-watching are Seal Team and . . .
Speaking of broadcast, Seal Team was back with an absolute homerun.

I mean, it paused for its messaging and soliloquoys as you might expect, but the action and narrative to the 2-part 'premiere'* was on par with most movies you get these days. I won't spoil it, but it caught my breath and jerked a tear or two. Very good.

* - reserving judgement on the season to come, because that premiere was initially the 2-part finale of last season that got kicked due to lockdowns. Lots of changes for the season to come, but fingers crossed for quality.

Also, Boreanaz is starting to close in on some all-time records for time as a broadcast television lead, between Buffy, Angel, Bones and Seal Team, he's been on the marquee since the mid/late 90s.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:31 PM 12-05-2020
Plus one for John Deere wisdom.

It's not horrible, but it's LCD broadcast material for sure.
LOL. Figured.

I mean, it paused for its messaging and soliloquoys as you might expect, but the action and narrative to the 2-part 'premiere'* was on par with most movies you get these days. I won't spoil it, but it caught my breath and jerked a tear or two. Very good.

* - reserving judgement on the season to come, because that premiere was initially the 2-part finale of last season that got kicked due to lockdowns. Lots of changes for the season to come, but fingers crossed for quality.

Also, Boreanaz is starting to close in on some all-time records for time as a broadcast television lead, between Buffy, Angel, Bones and Seal Team, he's been on the marquee since the mid/late 90s.
So seal team is worth watching? I might have to give it a binge.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:13 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL. Figured.

So seal team is worth watching? I might have to give it a binge.
It's a good deal better than I expected, mostly because it enjoys close coordination which makes the procedures fairly on-point and the big set pieces well equipped [they've gotten cover from actual A-10s and one episode had a team ex-fill from a mountaintop by carabiners attached to a Blackhawk guy rope].

They have to inject drama and politics [ie, chain of command, VA support, funding, . . . not 'politics politics' pers se], but it stays in the mindset of the team, so you're at least getting it from their perspective. And they have to get more funding somewhere, so there is occasional product placement. But otherwise one of the highlights of broadcast TV right now.
[Reply]
srvy 09:46 PM 12-05-2020

I never miss the SEAL Team it's a good show. That first hour of the season premiere was supposed to end season 3 last year but COVID shut the set down. The whole first hour seemed like a season ending cliffhanger. You will also see where the snow in Big Bear had melted off in some scenes that were added in.

Women are even nuts for that show because of Boreanaz and the war dog Cerberus.

My two favorite episodes are still from season 2 and 3. When the old retired SEAL Swanny with PTSD that Clay was trying to get help blew his heart out in his truck in the VA parking lot.

And season 3 "Say your last"episode where Bravo team's old former team leader Master Chief Adam Sievers fills in for Bravo1. He saves the lives of his teammates by falling on a grenade allowing the team to go on and with a mission to save the hostages in the university. The team flying with the body of the team leader and flashing back to the team walking the body in a bag into the infirmary past the saved hostages and looks on their faces. All while Dire straights Brothers in Arms plays is emotional. The reciting of the SEAL creed was a bit corny though.

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:09 AM 12-06-2020
Stop, you'll regret not stopping.

Though she is blazing hot.
That nursing baby walking into every room for the rest of its life

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:05 AM 12-09-2020
Season 2 of Pen 15 was really good.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:53 PM 12-10-2020
Has anyone been watching The Flight Attendant?

It's a little haphazard, but it's stylish and manic and engaging. One of those reveal of the week international intrigue narratives.

And Kaley Cuoco and Zosia Mamet [don't @ me] are pleasant to watch, and are clearly working hard to establish themselves beyond silly sitcom actors.

Basically, boozy party-girl flight attendant wakes up on an overseas trip in a hotel bed with a dead guy, and it freaks her out not only for the obvious reasons but for the effect it has on her efforts to deal with past trauma in her life. And the series thus far is a manic, inebriated, whirlwind effort to figure out what the eff is going on while avoiding danger inside and outside the law.

Nothing overly amazing, but breezy and largely a pleasant distraction

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:00 PM 12-10-2020
Nope
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:58 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The Undoing on HBO

Matilda De Angelis

OMFG
It was good, IMO.

Could have use more nudes of Matilda...