ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 171
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:46 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Been watching the first season of The Missing, on Amazon. It's a bit of a slow burn, but really good. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to understand everything they say as the cast is British/Scottish/French?? Good story, and tension. Would definitely recommend.

That looks HEAVY. But I'll definitely check it out. Looks pretty good.
[Reply]
frankotank 11:02 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I had to stop watching Gotham. I'm about halfway through season 2 and it's not TERRIBLE but it isn't good.

Iron Fist was OK. Certainly worth a watch, especially if you are into that arc, but it is definitely a step below Daredevel and Jessica Jones, and not nearly as well acted as Luke Cage.
there was a time I was very much surprised at how much I enjoyed Gotham. that time has passed.... I was very excited at the return of joker...that kid is awesome. the show is getting pretty stale....

I knew nothing about Iron Fist. first half of the season I was engaged....last half I trudged thru just because I felt I had to finish what I started....
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:19 PM 04-05-2017
If you enjoy Joe Cocker's music there is currently a very enjoyable documentary on Netflix about him and his life and music.

Give it a go.
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:32 PM 04-05-2017
it's called 'what would sal do', i'm five ep's in of 8, imagine a slightly smarter ricky from the trailer park boys, now make him the second coming of christ :-)

third party hosted site, use at your own risk:

http://chan131.so/watch-tv/what-would-sal-do

ETA: this show was really good. it takes the most vulgar of situations to its fullest extent, and ends with a morality tale. funny as fuck, defo like TPB in humor regards. it does a good job of mixing drama and humor as the series progresses. will be curious how the next season goes now. :-)
Attached: sal.png (444.3 KB) 
[Reply]
rico 10:53 AM 04-12-2017
I'm watching the Netflix show 13 Reasons Why with my wife...I'm hooked... I didn't think I would care for it, but was wrong... It's a really interesting/touching show so far with fantastic music.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:20 PM 04-12-2017
If you are into Playboy & Hef then you much watch American Playboy on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:26 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
I'm watching the Netflix show 13 Reasons Why with my wife...I'm hooked... I didn't think I would care for it, but was wrong... It's a really interesting/touching show so far with fantastic music.
the "scene" was so brutal, i had to look away. It was a wtf moment thats for sure.
[Reply]
rico 07:15 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
the "scene" was so brutal, i had to look away. It was a wtf moment thats for sure.
I've heard that...I'm on the episode 7 (Zach) episode right now and caught a glimpse of what that scene will consist of when Clay was hallucinating at the basketball game.
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:46 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
I've heard that...I'm on the episode 7 (Zach) episode right now and caught a glimpse of what that scene will consist of when Clay was hallucinating at the basketball game.
parents needs to make their young teens watch this show all the way through. you learn alot about todays teens. Alot of lessons can be taught.
[Reply]
rico 08:01 PM 04-12-2017
parents needs to make their young teens watch this show all the way through. you learn alot about todays teens. Alot of lessons can be taught.
I agree 100%.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:51 AM 04-13-2017
I remember watching "KIDS" (Harmony Korine) when it came out.

I remember thinking that was about right up until the rape scene with the girl with AIDS. I can't say I ever knew a rapist as a kid...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:42 AM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I remember watching "KIDS" (Harmony Korine) when it came out.

I remember thinking that was about right up until the rape scene with the girl with AIDS. I can't say I ever knew a rapist as a kid...
Amazing that both Chloe Sevigny and Rosario Dawson got their start in that.

Chloe was semi-known as a club girl [kind of a precursor to Kardashians and Dunhams of the world], but Dawson was simply discovered sitting on a stoop while crew were scouting locations.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:02 PM 04-18-2017
Hey, this looks promising. Anyone heard anything?

[Reply]
Buehler445 07:15 PM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Hey, this looks promising. Anyone heard anything?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiit
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 07:22 PM 04-18-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
So i've broken down and finally started watching Shameless. 2 episodes in and I've not laughed that hard in awhile. Absolutely hilarious show, however it's a little sketchy at points so don't watch it with your children in the same zipcode as you.
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Heh. I've been wondering if I should check it out. Buddy of mine said, it just sets out to offend everybody and does a great job LOL
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
can only describe it as six shades of wrong. just when you think they would not do something, they pole vault over that idea into something even more unthinkable :-)

i'd say my favorite character is Kev!
We started watching about 2 months ago and we're now halfway through season 2. Definitely makes you like and dislike every character. Kevin is my favorite while the wife's favorite is Lip.

Originally Posted by Nixhex:
Exactly. Just when you think it can't get anymore crazy it does. I would say my favorite character is Carl.

[Reply]
Page 27 of 171
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up