ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is on your KC Sports Mt. Rushmore?
ChiefsCountry 06:43 PM 04-17-2021
From the Royals game day thread, who do you got?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:34 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That's like saying Kansas Citians would take KC's sports history over St Louis as long as you don't include the Cardinals. :-)
I’m saying to do an apples to apples comparison by sport.

St. Louis doesn’t have a long history with the NBA. It has 40+ with NFL. And even if they did the only team that matches the Lakers in terms of lore is the Celtics.

KC has a richer professional football history than St. Louis. No expansion team really has had much success as the original teams(Cardinals, Phillies, Yankees, White Sox, Tigers, Red Sox, Braves, Cubs, Athletics) for the most part.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:13 AM 04-20-2021
There are a lot of figures that should have strong consideration like Derrick Thomas, Danny Manning (gag), Salvy, etc. but I think the correct answer should be:

Patrick Mahomes, Tom Watson, George Brett and Len Dawson. You might be able to swap out Lamar Hunt for Len Dawson, I'm kind of split on that, but think I would give the nod to Dawson.

You could probably argue that Mahomes hasn't played long enough to earn it yet, but I think the three consecutive AFCCG, two Super Bowls and winning 1 is enough to catapult him to the top.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:30 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Musial, Pujols, Warner, Gibson, Hull.

HM: Ryan O’Reilly, Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Dan Dierdorf, Roger Werhli, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock, Yogi Berra, Max Scherzer, Torry Holt, Steven Jackson, Orlando Pace, Al MacCinnis.

And go **** your self.
Stan Musial
Jackie Joyner-Kearse (greatest Olympic women athlete of all time)
Brett Hull
Kurt Warner
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:33 AM 04-20-2021
I'm not a St. Louis fan, but I'm surrounded by them and can tell you ANY Cards fan is gonna want Stan and Gibby on the mountain automatically. And Hull is absolutely there. If you're gonna pull one final one from the modern era then you're clearly choosing between Pujols and Warner. You can't really go wrong with either and you'd probably get a split decision between the two if you asked most St. Louis fans.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:34 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
That list is about as impressive as St. Louis BBQ.
The most surprising thing about this post is that it wasn't made by Pablo. :-)
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:47 AM 04-20-2021
If you're going to include Manning, you have to consider Wilt Chamberlain.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:53 PM 04-20-2021
Shouldn't Classy Freddie Blassie and Randy Orton be included on St. Louis' list?

Harley Race to join Mahomes, Brett, and Dawson on KC's list. Sorry Tom Watson, but pro wrestlers are better athletes than golfers (even if the competition is staged).
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:24 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
He’s from the St. Louis area, as well as Ryan Howard.

I’d take the history of all St. Louis sports teams against every single team from LA-including the Rams history-short of the Lakers.
I grew up in KC. I'm a Royals and Chiefs fan. I couldn't care less about LA teams. I've tried, and I just don't care.

Maybe because Los Angelinos are the worst sports fans in the world. They just don't care either. I've been in a bar playing the Dodgers in the World Series and maybe 10% of the people in the bar were actually paying attention.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:30 AM 04-21-2021
I've never heard of Tom Watson until this very thread.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:19 AM 04-21-2021
Since I'm a recent Royals convert and have only been a Chiefs fan since the late 80's, my personal Mount Rushmore would only be recent Chiefs. No offense to George Brett or any of the many deserving people that I wasn't ever really a fan of.

Specifically, my four would be:

Andy Reid
Derrick Thomas
Tony Gonzales
Patrick Mahomes
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up