ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Chargers
cmh6476 09:55 AM 09-11-2020
too soon? I don't think they beat the Bengals so they're going to be staring 0-2 in the face after next week. Never realized how much I was ready for football to start back up.

First they were saying Mike Williams might miss most of September, now he just has a questionable designation heading into Sunday?

Are they really going to go with the three-headed RB approach, or will Austin Ekeler handle the majority of work out of the backfield?

Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram should be a challenge, but our OL seemed to hold their own very well against the Texans pass rush.

The loss of Derwin James hurts. He's so versatile and the fact they don't have him around to move from S to LB to corner and kinda makes it feel like they've lost a starter at multiple positions, not just safety.

Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:20 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Can't you go on IR for 3 weeks this year?
He’s having hip surgery
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:29 PM 09-17-2020
Pouncy is out?

Chris Jones could end up with 5 sacks.
[Reply]
Coach 06:29 PM 09-17-2020
The Chiefs defense will need to concentrate on figuring out how to limit RB's catching the ball from the backfield. Per ESPN, since the start of last season, they have given up the most receiving yards to running backs and the fourth-most catches, while coughing up 4.95 yards per carry last week to Houston.

So unless they can figure out how to shut it down, Ekeler might have a big day there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:32 PM 09-17-2020
You people are high if you think Ekeler is going to beat the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:57 PM 09-17-2020
He won't. We will roll them.
[Reply]
Funkstown 12:04 AM 09-18-2020
Do not care about the hapless Lightning Bolts. We roll them and start preparing for Baltimore.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:10 AM 09-18-2020
Chiefs have won the last 11 /12 and 6 straight on the road Vs the Dolts.

Talk about domination.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:36 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Funkstown:
Do not care about the hapless Lightning Bolts. We roll them and start preparing for Baltimore.
I am not saying the Chargers are going to win, but I have watched enough football to know that not taking a team seriously, and looking ahead to rivalry type game, is a recipe for an unexpected loss.

You really cannot look ahead in the NFL. The Patriots were looking forward to having a bye, thinking that the Dolphins were just going to roll over because they had nothing to play for and a win would hurt their draft position.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:15 AM 09-18-2020
It's a shame we don't have Phillip Rivers throwing passes to our team anymore twice a year.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:50 AM 09-18-2020
Had a kid ask who the Chiefs played this week. I said Chargers in LA. In a new stadium with no fans.

He said-So just like any other Charger games. He gets it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:50 AM 09-18-2020
Had a kid ask who the Chiefs played this week. I said Chargers in LA. In a new stadium with no fans.

He said-So just like any other Charger games. He gets it.
[Reply]
JD10367 07:28 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I am not saying the Chargers are going to win, but I have watched enough football to know that not taking a team seriously, and looking ahead to rivalry type game, is a recipe for an unexpected loss.

You really cannot look ahead in the NFL. The Patriots were looking forward to having a bye, thinking that the Dolphins were just going to roll over because they had nothing to play for and a win would hurt their draft position.
Uhh... No. Even as a Patriots fan, you CANNOT compare those situations. Yes, the Patriots and Chiefs both finished 12-4, and the Dolphins and Chargers both finished 5-11. That's where the similarity ends. Since the start of the 2013 season, the Patriots are 9-6 against Miami, including 4 losses in their second late-season meeting 4 of the past 5 years. Since the beginning of the 2014 season, the Chargers are 1-11 against the Chiefs. The Dolphins always play the Pats tough, especially in the second meeting. And the Chiefs are light years better than the Patriots. In hindsight, the Patriots were paper tigers last season. They beat up on the Little Sisters of the Poor for the most part, and lost to the only three good teams they faced (Ravens, Texans, Chiefs) before losing to the Titans in the playoffs. You people need to stop thinking like pre-2019 Chiefs fans. The Chiefs should hang 30+ on this Chargers team with ease and there's no way they should realistically give up more than 10 points when the game is still in doubt. Maybe the Chargers score in garbage time to make it look better but this should be a 34-21 game that isn't that close.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:27 AM 09-18-2020
Anthony Lynn has been throwing Phyllis under the bus during his press conferences this week.

“If we didn’t keep turning the ball over we would have beaten the Chiefs”, referring to the recent match-ups.

Not subtle.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:27 AM 09-18-2020
Let's get through this one healthy, with a nice W.

Baltimore looming week 3. Think we go vanilla and save some good stuff for Lamar and the bois?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:39 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Let's get through this one healthy, with a nice W.

Baltimore looming week 3. Think we go vanilla and save some good stuff for Lamar and the bois?
It will be nice to have big Mike Pennell back for that one.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up