ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>B1G Could be playing football starting in October
Titty Meat 09:50 PM 09-01-2020
Dan Patrick Show
@dpshow
“From source: If conference can pass updated safety measures and procedures, Big Ten targeting Oct. 10 to start football season.” - Dan Patrick

This came after the president met with B1G commish Kevin Warren. Warren's son plays for Mississippi St and they will be playing in September.

Also:

TV partners have already green-lighted any decision that B1G presidents and Kevin Warren decide on, but bigger networks Fox Sports and ESPN/ABC are also pushing for October start, per source.

Big Ten will only get partial TV revenue if they delay until Thanksgiving or later.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:44 AM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Go **** yourself and change your depends.This is totally par for the course in any CP thread.
See you in the gripe thread crying about snowflakes, tough guy.

(update: 3 minutes :-) )
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:59 AM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Funny how that got ignored.
The conversations and pressure for Big10 football started well before Trump, but i kinda figured he and his voters would take credit for it anyway.
[Reply]
kstater 10:28 AM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Let’s hear from all the Corona-panic/hysteria dumbshits now who were predicting no college football just a few weeks ago.
I wouldn't be running any victory laps just yet re big 10

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 11:31 AM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Regardless thats getting shit done.

Also Clay Travis at Outkick facilitated the whole thing. As Whitlock tweeted, ballers get stuff done, wannabees just virtue signal.
Would that be mr “keep politics out of sports” clay travis? Or are we done with that now?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:37 AM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Is it true that some B1G teams aren’t practicing or even on campus? I have a hard time believing they will just suddenly start playing football games Oct. 10th
Nebraska has been practicing as have other teams. I think the rules were no pass though.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:01 PM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by kstater:
I wouldn't be running any victory laps just yet re big 10

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
The fact the Big 10 is already talking about an October or November return and with the ACC/SEC/Big 12 all about to start confirms the doomsday predictions... as is the case with most of the Corona-hype... were overblown.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:20 PM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
They must have had budget meetings today.
Hah. :-)
[Reply]
RustShack 12:38 PM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-covid-hotbed/

:-)

BooClones are not the sharpest tool in the B12 shed.....
Well now they changed it to zero fans.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:41 PM 09-02-2020
So it's a Cyclone tail gate?
[Reply]
Hoover 12:44 PM 09-02-2020
So stupid.

They just let the media bully them into kicking the fans out.

The media was hyperventilating over positivity rates in Ames, where the college is testing every student who is returning to campus. The media doesn't care whether or not people are actually sick, just that positivity number to freak people out. Sad.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:44 PM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yes, my neighborhood will be full of them.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:21 PM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
So stupid.

They just let the media bully them into kicking the fans out.

The media was hyperventilating over positivity rates in Ames, where the college is testing every student who is returning to campus. The media doesn't care whether or not people are actually sick, just that positivity number to freak people out. Sad.
Yes indeedley doodley neighbor
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:21 PM 09-02-2020
Hey, hey, why are people being permitted to say the T-word in the Lounge!?
[Reply]
sedated 02:30 PM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Let’s hear from all the Corona-panic/hysteria dumbshits now who were predicting no college football just a few weeks ago.
You mean a few weeks ago when the Cardinals and Marlins had to postpone their games for weeks due to outbreaks of Covid?

People act like taking steps to prevent spread isn't a huge part of getting sports back.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up