ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 190
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:20 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's because it is rewarded by the refs. You probably didn't see the Marcus Smart flop (which was also rewarded until a challenge) the other day but behold:

As I've maintained, the ability to sell the refs on calls has become an important skill in this league. Watch a Rockets game or a Celtics game and you'll see a lot of the offense is designed to try to get to the line even on jump shots.
:-) That is pretty good and funny. But this has been going on for years. I can't remember but I thought they had a flop rule.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:07 PM 09-03-2020
It's because it is rewarded by the refs. You probably didn't see the Marcus Smart flop (which was also rewarded until a challenge) the other day but behold:

As I've maintained, the ability to sell the refs on calls has become an important skill in this league. Watch a Rockets game or a Celtics game and you'll see a lot of the offense is designed to try to get to the line even on jump shots.
God I still hate that fucking guy.

Dude is one of the best at it though.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:14 PM 09-03-2020
What a no look pass by Kemba to probably seal the game and season for the Raptors
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:15 PM 09-03-2020
That was fucking slick by Walker. Didn't matter though God fucking Damn.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:15 PM 09-03-2020
:-) OR NOT

What a shot
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:19 PM 09-03-2020
The exact opposite of last night's games.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:27 PM 09-03-2020
:-):-):-)

Tacko Fall posts +/- average of -17280 per 48 minutes in game 3
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:42 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The exact opposite of last night's games.
My exact comment to my buddy. Far better basketball than that garbage OKC HOU game
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:44 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
What a no look pass by Kemba to probably seal the game and season for the Raptors

[Reply]
Buehler445 07:45 PM 09-03-2020
Denver looks way better than I imagined.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:45 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My exact comment to my buddy. Far better basketball than that garbage OKC HOU game
BOS/TOR are just better teams probably although HOU/OKC were choking the entire game.

That was some cold blooded shit from OG.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:13 PM 09-03-2020
Kawhi is too good for this team.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:19 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Soccerification of the NBA continues.

And seriously - these games look like McDonalds All-American high school all-star games.

Shit, they look stranger than that.

All the crap on their jerseys that make them look out of balance and nothing like an NBA jersey, the empty stands.

I could be watching euro-league games and it wouldn't be much different.

The weird schedule/start times have something to do with ratings being down but man, the cognitive dissonance watching these games is just remarkable. It does not 'look' like an NBA game and that absolutely impacts the viewing experience.

This season just cannot end quickly enough.
There's been a ton of incredible play, if you've paid attention at all. Why would anyone want that to end?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:00 PM 09-03-2020

Yea, I don't blame the players for playing to win and taking full advantage of what the refs will give them.

I blame the league.

If it was up to me, they would review fouls during the next commercial break. If it was a clear flop, reverse the call during the timeout. If it was particularly egregious, like pretending to be hit in the face with no contact, award a technical.

If I was going to run to be commissioner, my platform is eliminating the clear flops. (Subtle flops would still happen, but you have to live with that)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:01 PM 09-03-2020
Kawhi is too good for this team.
When he decides to take over he sure is.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 190
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up