ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 149
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:16 PM 03-04-2020
I’d have gone 5/90 or 6/100 on him after 17. People forget, after a bad April where he was clearly pressing, he hit .330 the last 5 months with an OBP over .400 and wRC+ north of 150.

He seemed a cinch to do a 3/2/2/2/1/0 war run. So 10 wins @8M = $80M value as a certainty, with upside (he did 4.1 his walk year).

It’s easy to armchair QB this one but holy hell his first 2 years in SD have been shockingly bad.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:17 PM 03-04-2020
The dude got a ring, delivered in clutch moments, delivered in his most clutch (contract) year, married Kacie, earned a 144 million dollar deal and by all accounts is treating it as a retirement on the beaches of San Diego.

Thank God the Royals got outbid here, even thought I have to admire Hosmer’s swag and stubbornness through this process (it’s who he has ALWAYS been).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:02 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The dude got a ring, delivered in clutch moments, delivered in his clutch (contract year). Married Kacie, earned a 144 million dollar deal and by all accounts is treating it as a retirement in the beaches of San Diego.

Thank God the Royals got outbid here, as much as I have to admire Hosmer’s swag and stubbornness through this process (it’s who he has ALWAYS been).
No doubt, Faux-Hawk played the system perfectly.

I haven’t seen him play since he left (when is SD on anyway?), but the stats were showing an alarming inability to make contact. He and Moose always had good eyes, didn’t swing at much garbage and when they did could make contact. Hosmer went from 15% K to like 24% last year. If it came with 30+ jacks you could accept the “empty calories” as selling out for power. But didn’t even provide that.

Justin Smoak, 33, is the same player now, a few years older but a good comp. Smoak was non tendered by Toronto after a 20HR 101 wRC+ season and signed a 1/5 deal with Milwaukee. That’s what Hoz deserves.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:36 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I’d have gone 5/90 or 6/100 on him after 17. People forget, after a bad April where he was clearly pressing, he hit .330 the last 5 months with an OBP over .400 and wRC+ north of 150.

He seemed a cinch to do a 3/2/2/2/1/0 war run. So 10 wins @8M = $80M value as a certainty, with upside (he did 4.1 his walk year).

It’s easy to armchair QB this one but holy hell his first 2 years in SD have been shockingly bad.
Yeah, that was where I was at.

Would have ended up similar to the Gordon deal - looked like great value at the time, ended up being underwater in a hurry.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:11 PM 03-04-2020
Alec Lewis Roster Projection:

Catchers (2)
Salvador Pérez, Cam Gallagher

Infielders (5)
Ryan O’Hearn, Ryan McBroom, Nicky Lopez, Adalberto Mondesi, Maikel Franco

Outfielders (5)
Alex Gordon, Whit Merrifield, Hunter Dozier, Bubba Starling, Brett Phillips

Designated hitter (1)
Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (5)
Brad Keller, Danny Duffy, Jacob Junis, Mike Montgomery, Jorge López

Relievers (8)
Ian Kennedy, Scott Barlow, Tim Hill, Trevor Rosenthal, Greg Holland, Glenn Sparkman, Josh Staumont, Jake Newberry
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:13 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, that was where I was at.

Would have ended up similar to the Gordon deal - looked like great value at the time, ended up being underwater in a hurry.

These FA moan about the lack of interest but look at these deals that don’t work. They kill you. About 5 clubs can absorb these deals without submarine for themselves. You can’t win without making at least SOME fA deals but can’t make big ones over 100m anymore.

Yelich just got 9-213 as a 7war guy. Betts was prob pissed. Losers like Hoz don’t help anyone.
[Reply]
Jerok 07:16 PM 03-04-2020
I decided to watch my first Royals Spring training game today. We won 9 to 7, but we were LOL bad. Three or four pop ups simply dropped, miscommunications, etc. The Padres were better for 8 and a half innings, but the Royals somehow got 6 in the first and hung on.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:28 PM 03-04-2020
Hosmer and Eric Berry crackin blunts together
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:09 PM 03-06-2020
Anyone have fantasy resources that are top notch?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:18 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Find the most reliable 9 position players and load up on pitchers.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:25 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Find the most reliable 9 position players and load up on pitchers.
Great so who figures out who those thirteen guys are before the season starts and where do they publish this information?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:14 PM 03-06-2020

Pitcherlist
Friends with Fantasy Benefits
The Sleeper and the Bust

What formats are you looking at? I’m pretty good in traditional snake drafts and dynamite at auction/keeper (if I do say so myself).
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:39 PM 03-06-2020
Great so who figures out who those thirteen guys are before the season starts and where do they publish this information?
Asking the wrong guy. I've always played leagues with unlimited waiver pickups. I was dropping and adding starters daily lol.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:07 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Pitcherlist
Friends with Fantasy Benefits
The Sleeper and the Bust

What formats are you looking at? I’m pretty good in traditional snake drafts and dynamite at auction/keeper (if I do say so myself).
Same one I've PM'd you about repeatedly over the last half decade.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:09 PM 03-06-2020
Since it’s slow and I’m in fantasy baseball mode at the moment (I’m commish-ing so hard), a few things to think about:

1) don’t overpay for rookie SP this year. There’s no one so good you want to take them at current ADPs (but keep an eye on Nate Pearson and pounce when he’s about to get the call)

2) Nab an ace early ... unless you can get Acuna or Trout or Yelich, I think deGrom is one of the best values in round 1. Then you wait on pitching, IMO and spend the next 4-5 rounds building your lineup

3) don’t buy elite closers early if you have unlimited moves.

4) don’t sleep on Nellie Cruz. He’s still a beast and generally really undervalued in drafts.

5) keep an eye on Masahiro Tanaka. He didn’t have his split last year but looks to have found it this year (likes the ball better)

5b) don’t count on cheap Hr power. If the ball has higher seams (what Tanaka needs for his splitter) the trampoline ball may be gone.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 149
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up