ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 312 of 386
« First < 212262302308309310311312 313314315316322362 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:44 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Actually, Daenerys started turning heel in season 7 when she kept insisting that Jon Snow bend the knee, over and over and over. She stopped caring for the people. All she cared about was power.

I really wanted Jon Snow to say "YOU bend the ****ing knee, BITCH!".
And it was seeded when she ignored Barristan Selmy’s advice in Season 4 to not crucify the masters in Meereen.

She’s always had a little power-hungry sadist in her.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
IMO it’s too easy to make Dany the mad queen, and completely destroys her character that the show has spent 10 years making. Nothing makes sense of how they got to that conclusion either.
Read the next quote

Originally Posted by kcxiv:
I dont see how people think it makes no sense, it makes perfect sense. this whole show has been about bad shit happening ALL the fucking time. This show/books are built on horrible things happening. Dany Got to the point where she said, if i cant have it, no one can. So she just took EVERY Fucking thing down! she basically went school shooter.

Dany went through alot of fucked up shit, there is no way she was ever going to turn out to be a sane person.
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
If dany wasn’t Mad Queen then she would have called off the attack and her and Jon would’ve lived happily ever after. Does that sound like GOT to you???
Never in a million years. If we ever see a GRRM ending I would bet my house that Danerys turns to the dark side in the end.
Originally Posted by notorious:
I thought this is where the story would end up. People actually expected Dany to end up good in the end. Her advisors have had to hold her back the entire series. This is what was supposed to happen all along.
Exactly. There was no possibility that Danerys would be a benevolent ruler in GRMM's world.

Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I honestly don't think it matters what happens in the show you guys will just bitch and moan about it either way
This is the most negative place on the internet about season 8. It's unbelievable. We have talked for 8-9 years in here. Now we have a few episodes left, they go full Debbie Downer.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:49 AM 05-13-2019
:-) THIS is the most negative place? Get the fuck out of here. Plenty of places have been shitting on this season.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:52 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
This occurred to me during the episode also. And pretty much this is what the Dothraki do.

But that aspect of the episode was pretty powerful.
I love the broad strokes of what this story is going for. Wholesale sacks of a city have happened throughout history. From historical examples like the Sack of Rome, to modern examples like the Rape of Nanking, and the Battle of Berlin (some accounts listed that women got raped up to 30 times by Soviet troops after the city fell). We're seeing a show pull no punches when showing the horror of what war truly is (even if the "good guys" win). I was telling a buddy that if we got the main beats to this episode at the end of Season 1 (the Starks team up with Dany and the Hound to deliver justice to the evil Lannisters!) we would have been ecstatic. I admire that this show showed the true costs of what it takes to bring an entire dynasty to heel.

However, I truly wish they used what little of the time code they had at the end of a truncated Season 7 to giving Dany more development in this regard if this was her outcome. I think this was always there, from the outcome of the Qarth storyline, her execution of the masters in Season 5 without due process, her promises to the Dothraki to conquer Westeros in Season 6, and even her demands to have Jon bend the knee at the beginning of Season 7. I think if there’s anything that I’d change - it’d be to continue ramping up that intensity through the end of Season 7. Instead they delved into her vulnerability and explored her own self doubt about her worthiness for the throne, which twists the knife for the viewers - but is a hard heel turn to fully pull off an appreciate in the span of five episodes.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:52 AM 05-13-2019
Can someone repost that 2 episode spoiler list.

I need to be prepared.
[Reply]
seaofred 07:52 AM 05-13-2019

HUGE

Game of Thrones actor Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy) just stated publicly that George RR Martin has completed books 6 and 7 and that he struck a deal with HBO to wait until the show ended to release the books

— Jack Posobiec ���� (@JackPosobiec)
May 13, 2019

[Reply]
UK_Chief 07:53 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
Damn I hated this episode. I cannot possibly remember all the things that bugged me about it. There were so manflaws and the episode wasn't very memorable as a whole.

The worst part was Drogons unlimited breath and the destructive power of it. Drogons breath can knock down fortifications and obliterate a castle keep and yet whenVarys was torched, no one even took a step back.
That's a major inconsistency in the span of one hour. .
I thought about that but figured maybe he can control the fireball depending on the target/size etc. Like hocking up a big one for the castles. Didn’t bother me too much but yeah not consistent
[Reply]
Bowser 07:56 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by seaofred:

Mark me down as "I'll believe it when I see it".

(but I totally called this a couple of years ago, lol)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:57 AM 05-13-2019
It's not the fact that she turned full Mad Queen that makes no sense. The writing to get us here has been fucking absurd, as it has been for other events in the season.

Arya kills the Night King to "subvert expectations." Not because she's been trained as a badass assasin fir the while series, no. It's because people expected Jon to do it and Game of Thrones has to be unexpected.

One of the biggest catalysts for Daenerys going full heel was Rhaegal and Missandei dying. Why did that happen? Plot induced stupidity. "Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet."

That is just poor writing. You're forcing events to happen to make Daenerys lose her mind.
[Reply]
smith11 07:57 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
How about this...the Golden Company and the Lannister army intersperse with the people and are using them as human shields. Dany makes the painful decision that she needs to wipe them out, regardless of who gets hurt. It makes her both Good Dany and Bad Dany at the same time, and it still gives reason for Arya and Jon to think she's got to go. It takes good writing, which went the way of the dodo this season.

I'm sorry, I think you could subvert expectations without hamfisting the plot to "make" Dany into something that she has never been the entire series.
us bomed hiroshima too
[Reply]
FAX 07:59 AM 05-13-2019

The Best Ending We Can Hope For At This Point.��#GameOfThrones pic.twitter.com/pHjcalgTxI

— Talha Malik �� (@GreatTalhaMalik) May 13, 2019

[Reply]
FAX 07:59 AM 05-13-2019

Interview from King’s Landing survivor:#GameofThrones #GoT pic.twitter.com/mG8XI9oXV7

— Joshua Oluwagbemiga ���� (@JoAccord) May 13, 2019

[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:03 AM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by seaofred:
I really, really want to believe this.

Watching the clip, Ian clarifies it's "what he's heard." This makes me really, really hope he didn't get told hearsay that originated with a reddit thread. Which are Charlie theorizing about Pepe Silva

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:03 AM 05-13-2019
Dany’s turn was sad. It’s hard to watch a character you’ve cheered for and believed in for a decade or more (for me, 13 years) do something that ugly.

They had her choose the path of fire and blood. Which, honestly, is what has been most successful for her over time. Her attempts to win power through inspiration and admiration have not been successful. The only path remaining to her is one driven by fear.

Gloucester makes a good point that no city would ever surrender to one of her armies again. The counterpoint from Dany’s point of view is that no city would ever dare rebel if they know what happens.

This is consistent with her comments about how mercy is interpreted.

It was hard to watch. Especially if you believed - as I did for a long time - that she was the prince who was promised.

Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Yes. Especially that ONLY Euron arrives on that particular shore at just the right time to fight Jaime. One more Ironborn shows up and it's not much of a fight.

Meh, whatever. Wasnt' a bad fight. It's a TV show. Lots more that's stupider to bitch about.

Maybe someone raised this earlier, but WHERE THE ACTUAL FUCK did all those Dothraki and Unsullied come from?! Was there another set of armies that weren't at Winterfell that we were ever mentioned?

I would've thought a more logical explanation would be that the men of the North that were south of Winterfell had been heading south to get away from the Army of the Dead and they formed up with men from the Riverlands, the Vale, Dorne, the Reach and maybe even Highgarden to form a new army. Instead, it appears to be the same freaking army that I thought had been wiped out at Wintefell.

Did I miss something somewhere along the way explaining this?

War room scene, episode four. They remove markers representing forces from the table. Half the unsullied and half the Dothraki were removed, indicating half survived.

Which would indicate that the extinguishing of the Dothraki flaming arakhs wasn’t indicative of them being wiped out to a man... more likely just entering the blizzard zone and having the fire extinguished.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:04 AM 05-13-2019

Is it just me or is it weird that bran just has been chilling all season? Like is that it for him? #GOT

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) May 13, 2019

Our football Savior is right. Bran has to warg into a dragon. Danerys, something along those lines. It's the only way to remove the Dragon, unsullied, dorthraki from threatening the people ever again in the future whats next in Westeros that we will never see. It's the only plot twist left to tie this all up in one episode.

That said, I expect more deaths of major characters including Jon to make that possible future happen.
[Reply]
Page 312 of 386
« First < 212262302308309310311312 313314315316322362 > Last »
Up