ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Earliest you'd get a punter?
Direckshun 11:26 AM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
No, I don't.

There is not such an appreciable difference between NFL-caliber punters that it affects games in some meaningful way. The ability to pin a team inside the 20 4 more times a season than any other average guy doesn't mean much. The ability to average 1 more yard per punt doesn't move the needle. It's a fallacy. When I'm home, I'll see if I can find the data on it.
I look forward to seeing it.

I think, if you're going to have an elite defense, which the Chiefs may still have even after losing Sneed, having a really good punter enhances them.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:39 AM 04-11-2024
I mean we literally have a guy nicknamed Punt God and he's 23 and cost us a pack of bubble gum
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:30 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
We have the best punting prospect probably in history on the team already.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But he tried out for the Jets, and they didn't sign him, so clearly he sucks now!
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I mean we literally have a guy nicknamed Punt God and he's 23 and cost us a pack of bubble gum
I think it would be wise for the team to snag another punter and have them battle it out in camp. I wouldn't put a ton of faith in Araiza. If he was an actual god at punting, he'd be on a roster.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think it would be wise for the team to snag another punter and have them battle it out in camp. I wouldn't put a ton of faith in Araiza. If he was an actual god at punting, he'd be on a roster.
Holy fuck, this is the epitome of being obtuse.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:57 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Holy ****, this is the epitome of being obtuse.
lmao buddy, you've got issues.

Who gets angry on an internet message board over punters.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:23 PM 04-11-2024
lmao buddy, you've got issues.

Who gets angry on an internet message board over punters.
Nobody is angry. I think this is hilarious and typical of you.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:17 PM 04-11-2024
He.. is.. on.. a.. roster. OURS. I'm not drawing any conclusions about him because the retarded jets didn't want him. What have the Jets done lately to make you think "Whoa shit, better go as they go." They are as close to the 0-16 Lions team as they are the prime bellicheck patriots that knew when to hold em and when to fold em.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:21 AM 04-12-2024
He.. is.. on.. a.. roster. OURS.
That's fair. That's not what I meant to say, but fair enough.

I'm not drawing any conclusions about him because the reeruned jets didn't want him. What have the Jets done lately to make you think "Whoa shit, better go as they go." They are as close to the 0-16 Lions team as they are the prime bellicheck patriots that knew when to hold em and when to fold em.
I actually think the Jets are decently run right now, and (pre-draft) I have them as a Top 3 team in the AFC so long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy.

And to be clear, I'm not saying that the Jets' eval of Araiza is what's driving my skepticism. The fact that (to our knowledge) no other team brought him in says to me that this is either a Donovan Smith-level surprise, or that he's a replacement level punter. The odds suggest he's the latter.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:06 PM 04-11-2024
What if told you he was on a roster….
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:22 AM 04-12-2024
What if told you he was on a roster….
Yeah, fair enough. I didn't say that properly.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:40 AM 04-11-2024
Also - will LRZ be our back up/emergency punter, with his rugby experience?
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:05 AM 04-11-2024
Also - will LRZ be our back up/emergency punter, with his rugby experience?
LRZ won't be on the roster for any meaningful games IMHO.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:17 PM 04-11-2024
This is maybe the most Direkshun thread of them all. I find it absurd, but do enjoy a lot of your work. Never change buddy.

But come on. What a weird place to doubt the front office lol.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:22 AM 04-12-2024
This is maybe the most Direkshun thread of them all. I find it absurd, but do enjoy a lot of your work. Never change buddy.

But come on. What a weird place to doubt the front office lol.
I don't doubt them? I don't think Veach/Reid have come out saying that Araiza is the punter of the future. He signed for pennies.

I fully believe the Chiefs are going to bring in competition for him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:28 PM 04-15-2024
I don't doubt them? I don't think Veach/Reid have come out saying that Araiza is the punter of the future. He signed for pennies.

I fully believe the Chiefs are going to bring in competition for him.

They said it without saying it when they let Townsend skate out of KC.

They’ll sign an UDFA or a veteran to have some camp competition for him in case The Dolphin suddenly lost it in the year he took off because he had been accused of doing Dolphin-like things.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up