ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 26
« First < 131920212223 242526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Week 3: Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:26 PM 09-15-2019
Chiefs open as 6 point favorites. Let's discuss below.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:33 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Looks like a lot of lightning in that weather chart. They won't be out there during a lightning storm. When I have been at games with that kind of weather- they made the fans move out of the seats to the concourse. Maybe they flex it back to a 6 pm start?
Just out of curiosity, which team would be more effected by a rain delay?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:36 PM 09-21-2019
I’d love if they’d just move it back right now TBH. It’s clearly gonna storm.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:36 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well KC went through it in preseason, so they have experience.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:44 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Agreed. I think both teams would appreciate that so they can adjust their routines now.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:45 PM 09-21-2019
I’d like to see it moved to 3 but I’m not sure how that would work with CBS.
[Reply]
neech 01:45 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The Ravens want to just end the game and go home, and the Chiefs are already home. So I'd say the Ravens.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 01:46 PM 09-21-2019
This. When's the last time something like that happened though?

But yeah if theres going to be lightning around from 10 to 5, they should push it back. Dont they have to leave the field for atleast 30 minutes if there's even just one lightning strike around?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:48 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Looks like a lot of lightning in that weather chart. They won't be out there during a lightning storm. When I have been at games with that kind of weather- they made the fans move out of the seats to the concourse. Maybe they flex it back to a 6 pm start?

I’d say a 4pm kickoff.
[Reply]
neech 01:50 PM 09-21-2019
If anything, Baltimore should be concerned. We don’t know if their QB can handle it. He already struggles with accuracy as it is.
Plus Lamar Jackson has small hands like BRC.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:54 PM 09-21-2019
Well KC went through it in preseason, so they have experience.
and we came out flat as hell that game.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:02 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
This. When's the last time something like that happened though?

But yeah if theres going to be lightning around from 10 to 5, they should push it back. Dont they have to leave the field for atleast 30 minutes if there's even just one lightning strike around?
Yes, I have been to at least 2 games where they made us leave the stands- both against the Patriots, pre Brady.

One was a flood and we were drinking on the concourse for over an hour.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:04 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’d like to see it moved to 3 but I’m not sure how that would work with CBS.
True- Fouts has to take his Metamucil and get ready for bed by dark.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:06 PM 09-21-2019
They will play through the rain- to the point of flooding- but they don't mess around with lightning or tornado weather.

They can't risk the safety of all of us and the teams.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:21 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Consider who the Ravens have played so far. Miami(fire sale team) and AZ(rebuild with rookie mini-Vick that will eventually get hurt in due time). The national sports press has been pimping Lamar like he has been 'born again' and there are no longer any issues with his throwing or reading defenses. NOT !!!! You don't correct your throwing and inability to read defenses in just one off season. Doesn't happen that quickly.

Greg Roman has just done a great job using "QB Gorilla Duct Tape"(ethnic slur NOT intended whatsoever but that is really good duct tape and why I used that brand:-)) to make Lamar's game look ALL Pro but like I said consider the teams he has played against so far. Wait till he goes against a really good defense. He will be Lamar "on the run again missing easy wide open receivers" I assure you.

It's just too bad he won't be going against a good defense this weekend, sad to say.:-)
And what great teams have we played? I get it though we can just show up and win because were the Chiefs.

Football talk fucking sucks on this board now. If it's not the Chiefs everyone else sucks. Got it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:43 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
And what great teams have we played? I get it though we can just show up and win because were the Chiefs.

Football talk fucking sucks on this board now. If it's not the Chiefs everyone else sucks. Got it.
I don't think anybody is calling the Ravens a shitty team. Many people are acknowledging that the game was super close last year and this might be the time we don't escape from the Ravens, especially without Tyreek.

I think some people, however, don't believe Lamar Jackson has arrived yet and a lot of the perceived strides he's made have come due to playing the fucking Dolphins. I'm not quite in that category. I think he has improved, definitely, but I also think he's definitely got a better cast of offensive weapons around him this year. He's still a bit of a gimmick QB who caught a really shitty team napping in week 1.

I'm more afraid of Hollywood Brown doing to our defense what we do to other teams with Tyreek (force deep coverage and take attention away from other parts of the field) than I am Lamar Jackson putting the team on his back and outscoring Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 26
« First < 131920212223 242526 >
Up