ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 30
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Hall of Classics>CUT RICH SCANLON NOW!
ROYC75 05:16 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by Cochise:
So basically, you don't know anything the rest of us don't, and really have no basis by which to say he wasn't given a chance at the job.

Ok, since the ball is in your court, how much of what I just told you did you already know ?
[Reply]
el borracho 05:32 PM 12-06-2004
Scanlon had his entire college career and the combine the impress the scouts and coaches. In that time he was less impressive than Mitchell (and many, many other LBs). If his options are now limited to practice squad, emergencies and NFL Europe, it is his own doing. If one day Scanlon becomes a productive NFL linebacker then good for him (and good for the Chiefs if it is with us). If not, who really cares? It is absurd to invest so much hope in this guy. He has done nothing to merit such hope.
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:35 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Scanlon had his entire college career and the combine the impress the scouts and coaches. In that time he was less impressive than Mitchell (and many, many other LBs). If his options are now limited to practice squad, emergencies and NFL Europe, it is his own doing. If one day Scanlon becomes a productive NFL linebacker then good for him (and good for the Chiefs if it is with us). If not, who really cares? It is absurd to invest so much hope in this guy. He has done nothing to merit such hope.
That's one way to look at it, it's also absurd to continue with Mitchell as poorly as he has played without letting others have the chance of the American Dream.

IMHO, give this kid 3 - 4 games and Mitchell will forever be a backup player and ST's player.
[Reply]
el borracho 05:35 PM 12-06-2004
p.s. http://www.recsports.umn.edu/program...chro026big.jpg
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:09 PM 12-06-2004
It's funny, as I was watching the game yesterday I was talking to a fellow fan, who is very knowledgeable about football and the Chiefs in particular, about the state of the team this year and next. Naturally LBs came up (more than once as Mitchell really pisses him) and I don't remember exactly how we got to this point, but he says "You know, in camp we had this guy named Rich Scanlon...." I just busted out in a big ol' shit eatin' grin.

The guy goes to TC every so he sees the players in action. It would appear dear Richie is slow. That seems to be what is holding him back.

He agreed with my sentiment, FWIW, that Scanlon would not have made the practice squad were it not for injuries.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 06:32 PM 12-06-2004
Dammit! I always miss the good stuff. So did you guys run American Shero off the board?
[Reply]
Ari ümlaüt 07:24 PM 12-06-2004
i bet that 'cuse alums when visiting this site, [cuz they are Scanlon fans] and see the ocean of hate that is Rich Scanlon... heh. Im hoping he turns out to be this badass... Urlacher-esque.

I also wonder what he thinks of the planet's inside joke about him... or if he even knows.

I bet he stumbles across this... if so, yo whaddup Rich. Im on your bandwagon man. Kick some ass man, see if you can find some of that clear / cream shit. wuh-eva.
[Reply]
David. 07:32 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by ümlaüt:
i bet that 'cuse alums when visiting this site, [cuz they are Scanlon fans] and see the ocean of hate that is Rich Scanlon... heh. Im hoping he turns out to be this badass... Urlacher-esque.

I also wonder what he thinks of the planet's inside joke about him... or if he even knows.

I bet he stumbles across this... if so, yo whaddup Rich. Im on your bandwagon man. Kick some ass man, see if you can find some of that clear / cream shit. wuh-eva.
.....:-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:31 PM 12-06-2004
what in the hell did cumquat just say?

In Engrish por favor......
[Reply]
el borracho 07:36 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
what in the hell did cumquat just say?
I think it was something about synchronized swimming. :-)
[Reply]
chiefs4me 08:22 PM 12-06-2004
you boys still fighting over that crybaby,,,,,,:-)
[Reply]
Skip Towne 08:26 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by chiefs4me:
you boys still fighting over that crybaby,,,,,,:-)
Oh, Scanfan is SO gonna get you.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 08:33 PM 12-06-2004
[QUOTE=Skip Towne]Oh, Scanfan is SO gonna get you.[/QUOTE

oh I am shaking,,:-) I think she is his sister,,that's my pick :-)
[Reply]
Skip Towne 08:45 PM 12-06-2004
[QUOTE=chiefs4me]
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
Oh, Scanfan is SO gonna get you.[/QUOTE

oh I am shaking,,:-) I think she is his sister,,that's my pick :-)
Yep, either a sister or a groupie. Iowanian has been owning her all day. I missed all the fun. Had to work.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 09:59 PM 12-06-2004
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
Yep, either a sister or a groupie. Iowanian has been owning her all day. I missed all the fun. Had to work.

And I had a hard day of,,,,,shopping :-)
[Reply]
Page 21 of 30
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up