ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hall of Classics Nominations Thread
TimBone 10:53 AM 02-10-2020
Hey folks,

It's been a long while since we've had a haul of threads added to the Hall of Classics. So, we figured it's about that time again.

In the interest of not over-looking any worthy threads, I thought it would be a good idea to have you guys submit the threads that y'all think are deserving.

IMO, there are a number of reasons a thread could be deserving...such as comedy threads, threads where it turned on the OP in an amazing way, memorial threads, revenge threads.

Post your nominations below, with a link. After the nominations are gathered, we'll see where to go from there. I want to get an idea of just how many nominations we're going to have, before we decide what path to take with it.

Thanks, all.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:14 PM 02-10-2020
https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328782

Super Bowl LIV Thread
[Reply]
Sorce 12:42 PM 02-10-2020
*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

It's so fun to go back to the beginning of this one every once and a while.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:48 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
IMO, we shouldn't take every thread about the Super Bowl into the HOC.

I've been going back and forth on that one, myself. Mostly, I agree with you, but then again it is the first Super Bowl victory this team has had in 50 years. Who knows when its going to happen again. Would be kinda cool to have all of those SB related threads corralled in one central location to be able to find and root through with ease.

If there's enough of them, maybe even a Super Bowl LIV sub-forum? That may be a silly idea.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:57 PM 02-10-2020
I think this thread from Pugs has to be HOC worthy.

First time in recent memory that someone on Chiefsplanet had a "friend of a friend' who turned out to be dead-on. On draft day, I was driving back from work through hail and listening to Denver's sports talk radio announce the draft. When they announced that the Chiefs just made a shocking-trade and were at first baffled at who the Chiefs even wanted, I knew exactly where they were going thanks to the thread below. The fact that Chiefsplanet gave me a more inside track about the Chiefs on draft day than most opposing front offices had is baffling and HOC worthy to me.

Even funnier is how confused/dismissive opposing fans/commentators were of the pick. One of the Denver hosts simply did not understand the Chiefs thinking here, "Why would they want DeShaun Watson, Alex Smith can do everything he can and more, why replace a top 10 guy in Alex Smith."

Other Denver host: "Because I think Andy Reid wants his Brett Favre, the big arm'd Patrick Mahomes from Texas Tech."

But that's all for another thread.

It felt like a franchise altering move then, and it feels even moreso now. I still can't believe it happened for our team
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:59 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I've been going back and forth on that one, myself. Mostly, I agree with you, but then again it is the first Super Bowl victory this team has had in 50 years. Who knows when its going to happen again. Would be kinda cool to have all of those SB related threads corralled in one central location to be able to find and root through with ease.

If there's enough of them, maybe even a Super Bowl LIV sub-forum? That may be a silly idea.
As I was reading this post I was thinking we should just have a Super Bowl LIV sub. Not silly at all.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:11 PM 02-10-2020
I've never had a Ten Things in the HOC.
[Reply]
digger 01:53 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I've never had a Ten Things in the HOC.
Long over due...
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:34 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
The demise of Frankie. This thread was classic gold

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272153
First time I had seen that thread. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:52 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Submitting a contender (Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes): https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...n+over+mahomes
If a DeBerg thread reaches the HOC, I’m leaving this place forever...

The SB GDT - even though Clay started it 11 mins late because he was ‘dicking some bimbo’ and I had to call him - absolutely.

The SB 10 things - as a proper homage to Blowfish - absolutely.

The Pete ‘Won’t Sniff the Playoffs’ tour de force - because it was the EXACT point the ‘Because Chiefs’ era ended - absolutely.

What a time to be alive on CP.
[Reply]
Bump 04:29 PM 02-10-2020
Are politics posts allowed? The Superstar thread is pretty HOC worthy

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ight=superstar
[Reply]
burt 04:39 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:

Q
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:54 PM 02-10-2020
Threads in which the OP is horribly wrong about something shouldn't be HoC worthy. There needs to be something awesome about the thread, not just some guy being wrong about something which subsequently leads to said thread getting bumped over and over again.

Most of those threads are boring AF.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:55 PM 02-10-2020

Exhibit A. The only thing even noteworthy about this thread is Lex being wrong.

Who cares. Boring. Next.
[Reply]
Bump 04:56 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Exhibit A. The only thing even noteworthy about this thread is Lex being wrong.

Who cares. Boring. Next.
well wouldn't that be the Frank Clark sucks and won't sniff the playoffs threads too?

It's ok if you disagree, that's my nomination.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:00 PM 02-10-2020
well wouldn't that be the Frank Clark sucks and won't sniff the playoffs threads too?

It's ok if you disagree, that's my nomination.
Yes. I don't think the Frank Clark sucks thread is worthy or any of the Deberg threads.

The thread should be genuinely awesome. Not just a pile on of the OP or some purposely made troll thread.

TBH, no threads really come to mind aside from the SB thread.

It's been a long time since we've had something awesome like the MS paint thread.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up