ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Guess the suspensions for each player.
*** Alleged perpetrator #1 - Larry Ogunjobi 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 6 5.66%
No suspension, but with a fine. 29 27.36%
1 game suspension 28 26.42%
2-3 game suspension 17 16.04%
4-5 game suspension 3 2.83%
Remainder of the season, back next year 5 4.72%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 3 2.83%
*** Alleged perpetrator #2 - Mason Rudolph 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 31 29.25%
No suspension, but with a fine. 35 33.02%
1 game suspension 18 16.98%
2-3 game suspension 7 6.60%
4-5 game suspension 1 0.94%
Remainder of the season, back next year 1 0.94%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 1 0.94%
*** Alleged perpetrator #3 - Maurkice Pouncey 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 3 2.83%
No suspension, but with a fine. 8 7.55%
1 game suspension 24 22.64%
2-3 game suspension 39 36.79%
4-5 game suspension 9 8.49%
Remainder of the season, back next year 3 2.83%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 1 0.94%
*** Alleged perpetrator #4 - Myles Garret 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 1 0.94%
No suspension, but with a fine. 2 1.89%
1 game suspension 2 1.89%
2-3 game suspension 4 3.77%
4-5 game suspension 4 3.77%
Remainder of the season, back next year 51 48.11%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 32 30.19%
*** Other thoughts and theories. Check all that apply. 5 4.72%
Von Miller instigated this. 20 18.87%
Mason Rudolph caused it because he's chasing an NFL record for hits to the head. 12 11.32%
I bet Roethlisberger roofied Garrett's sister. 18 16.98%
Mike Tomlin should have stepped onto the field to block Garrett's path. 9 8.49%
Garrett, you played Brady recently. You couldn't do us a favor? 28 26.42%
I have no additional thoughts or theories at this time. 11 10.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll
Page 19 of 30
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Guess the suspensions in the Browns-Steelers rumble.
Rain Man 12:28 AM 11-15-2019
Winner gets to push down the NFL player of their choice and stomp on his head.

Poll arriving sometime after the whistle.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:34 PM 11-15-2019
The memes begin
Attached: A96F1446-9E23-42A2-8C97-D83E3AAF740B.jpg (120.7 KB) 
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:36 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
NO ONE IS SAYING IT DID
Anyone claiming Mason Rudolph should have been suspended is doing exactly that.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:57 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Anyone claiming Mason Rudolph should have been suspended is doing exactly that.
No, they aren't. I know because I stated I was surprised he didn't get a game suspension, or an ejection, for attempting to rip off another player's helmet and re-engaging after they had been broken up.

I can say that and also say that Myles was completely in the wrong and vastly over-reacted to what Rudy did. Rudy didn't deserve it and it was completely uncalled for. It would be akin to beating the shit out of some dude at a bar because he shoved you. Yeah... he shoved you and initiated physical force but still, you don't try to kill a man because of that. That doesn't change the fact he kicked shit off by shoving you.

The NHL still throws an additional 2 minute instigation penalty even if the dude got his ass kicked.

edit - again, ejection for ripping off equipment (and Rudy certainly tried) has gotten people ejected before

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ripping-helmet
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:32 PM 11-15-2019
No, they aren't. I know because I stated I was surprised he didn't get a game suspension, or an ejection, for attempting to rip off another player's helmet and re-engaging after they had been broken up.

I can say that and also say that Myles was completely in the wrong and vastly over-reacted to what Rudy did. Rudy didn't deserve it and it was completely uncalled for. It would be akin to beating the shit out of some dude at a bar because he shoved you. Yeah... he shoved you and initiated physical force but still, you don't try to kill a man because of that. That doesn't change the fact he kicked shit off by shoving you.

The NHL still throws an additional 2 minute instigation penalty even if the dude got his ass kicked.

edit - again, ejection for ripping off equipment (and Rudy certainly tried) has gotten people ejected before

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ripping-helmet
Akeem Spence is a big dude
Akeem Spence actually ripped the helmet off
He hit somebody with it. Intentional or not, that's going to draw attention.
Even with that it was a borderline ejection at best. Lots of players had helmets actually ripped off without a flag, let alone an ejection.

Good grief, if you're going to eject a player over instigation, you'll never keep people on the field.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:40 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Good grief, if you're going to eject a player over instigation, you'll never keep people on the field.
I'm good with ejecting players attempting to remove the helmet (and I don't mean facemask while tackling either) of an opposing player... especially after the whistle has blown.

That position doesn't at all seem ridiculous to me.

Hopefully, though, you can now understand how one can hold the position that Rudy should have been penalized somehow yet completely and totally didn't deserve getting brained by a moron with a temper problem.
[Reply]
TEX 01:25 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Myles Garrett would not have been flagged or fined on that play prior to him getting angry over Rudolph trying to twist and pull on his helmet.
Rudolph should be suspended also.
Pouncey should have been suspended for more that he was for throwing punches kicking the head and then dropping down and throwing more punches.
Rudolph would not have gotten hit with the helmet if his dumb angry ass would not have continued to pursue it after his OL had gotten in the middle.
Just wow...you are "THAT" guy. Dont be "THAT" guy.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05:14 AM 11-16-2019
I didn't realize that Rudy was a time traveler that had his helmet ripped off BEFORE he attempted to do the same thing to another player... while playing a game called "hit the guy with the ball".

Stop it with the hitting him late bullshit. I posted a clip showing Rudy being hit as he threw.
:-)

Jesus. Rudolph did nothing suspension worthy in this whole affair. Period. You, for whatever reason, just want him suspended when he did nothing to warrant it. Why, I don’t know. That’s on you. Whatever, I guess.

And sure, Garrett HIT him right as he released the ball. It was a full 2 seconds later that he twisted and dragged him to the ground.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05:17 AM 11-16-2019
I'm good with ejecting players attempting to remove the helmet (and I don't mean facemask while tackling either) of an opposing player... especially after the whistle has blown.

That position doesn't at all seem ridiculous to me.

Hopefully, though, you can now understand how one can hold the position that Rudy should have been penalized somehow yet completely and totally didn't deserve getting brained by a moron with a temper problem.
Ok, so there it is. You want Rudolph suspended SOLELY because he twisted Garrets helmet slightly after Garrett tackled and dragged him to the ground.

Just be honest-you wouldn’t have said anything at all had Garrett not went completely insane.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:22 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Ok, so there it is. You want Rudolph suspended SOLELY because he twisted Garrets helmet slightly after Garrett tackled and dragged him to the ground.
I feel like I made myself clear. I'm good with ejecting players attempting to remove the helmet of another player. I don't feel as if this is some crazy standard.

Originally Posted by :
Just be honest-you wouldn’t have said anything at all had Garrett not went completely insane.
Your avatar is fitting.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:24 AM 11-16-2019
I feel like I made myself clear. I'm good with ejecting players attempting to remove the helmet of another player. I don't feel as if this is some crazy standard.

Your avatar is fitting.
Lots of people, including the NFL, disagree
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:28 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
:-)

Jesus. Rudolph did nothing suspension worthy in this whole affair. Period. You, for whatever reason, just want him suspended when he did nothing to warrant it. Why, I don’t know. That’s on you. Whatever, I guess.
Are you related to Rudy somehow? You sound like his parent... "my kid would never do that! *

Originally Posted by :
And sure, Garrett HIT him right as he released the ball. It was a full 2 seconds later that he twisted and dragged him to the ground.
You bury your face in someone's chest and see if you can tell whether they threw the ball or hung onto it as you hit then. I've been in that position (obviously in high school football and not the NFL)... have you?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:31 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Lots of people, including the NFL, disagree
Obviously.

I'm not demanding anything more done to him. I simply stated I'm surprised he didn't get ejected or suspended for it and why.

Then I had explain to a bunch of mental defects how one could be surprised he didn't get suspended while still being disgusted at him getting brained and understand that he didn't deserve it despite his actions leading up to it.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:44 AM 11-16-2019
Obviously.

I'm not demanding anything more done to him. I simply stated I'm surprised he didn't get ejected or suspended for it and why.

Then I had explain to a bunch of mental deficits how one could be surprised he didn't get suspended while still being disgusted at him getting brained and understand that he didn't deserve it despite his actions leading up to it.
Feel free to be surprised, just don't be surprised when people vehemently disagree with you
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:53 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Feel free to be surprised
Umm... thanks?

Originally Posted by :
just don't be surprised when people vehemently disagree with you
I'd be happy if y'all would vehemently disagree with me about what I'm stating. It would make for a fantastic turn from what y'all have been doing.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 09:46 AM 11-16-2019

Your avatar is fitting.
There isn’t even definitive proof that that is what Rudolph was doing. From some angles, it appears his hand gets stuck in Garrett’s helmet. You can’t suspend someone based on that.

And again, there’s no way in hell anyone ever even notices what Rudolph did if Garrett doesn’t go absolutely batshit insane.

I strongly doubt that you would be calling for Rudolph’s suspension if the play had ended right there. In fact, I know you wouldn’t be.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 30
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up