ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Guess the suspensions for each player.
*** Alleged perpetrator #1 - Larry Ogunjobi 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 6 5.66%
No suspension, but with a fine. 29 27.36%
1 game suspension 28 26.42%
2-3 game suspension 17 16.04%
4-5 game suspension 3 2.83%
Remainder of the season, back next year 5 4.72%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 3 2.83%
*** Alleged perpetrator #2 - Mason Rudolph 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 31 29.25%
No suspension, but with a fine. 35 33.02%
1 game suspension 18 16.98%
2-3 game suspension 7 6.60%
4-5 game suspension 1 0.94%
Remainder of the season, back next year 1 0.94%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 1 0.94%
*** Alleged perpetrator #3 - Maurkice Pouncey 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 3 2.83%
No suspension, but with a fine. 8 7.55%
1 game suspension 24 22.64%
2-3 game suspension 39 36.79%
4-5 game suspension 9 8.49%
Remainder of the season, back next year 3 2.83%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 1 0.94%
*** Alleged perpetrator #4 - Myles Garret 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 1 0.94%
No suspension, but with a fine. 2 1.89%
1 game suspension 2 1.89%
2-3 game suspension 4 3.77%
4-5 game suspension 4 3.77%
Remainder of the season, back next year 51 48.11%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 32 30.19%
*** Other thoughts and theories. Check all that apply. 5 4.72%
Von Miller instigated this. 20 18.87%
Mason Rudolph caused it because he's chasing an NFL record for hits to the head. 12 11.32%
I bet Roethlisberger roofied Garrett's sister. 18 16.98%
Mike Tomlin should have stepped onto the field to block Garrett's path. 9 8.49%
Garrett, you played Brady recently. You couldn't do us a favor? 28 26.42%
I have no additional thoughts or theories at this time. 11 10.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll
Page 18 of 30
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Guess the suspensions in the Browns-Steelers rumble.
Rain Man 12:28 AM 11-15-2019
Winner gets to push down the NFL player of their choice and stomp on his head.

Poll arriving sometime after the whistle.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:54 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think you are being a little over dramatic because it was the first game of the year and everybody was a little hyped up. Jack didn't even get suspended for throwing a punch.

You also can't compare a teacher\kid confrontation with 2 NFL players trying to take each other's helmet off (only talking about what happened prior to the helmet swing)
I'm not at all being over dramatic. The point is that if you're going to judge the provoker because of the extreme overreaction, that's a little nuts. What Rudolph did was childish but in the grand scheme of the NFL it was just another thing. What Garrett did is extreme beyond what we've seen before.

The Watkins example is almost a perfect comparison. Jacksonville was playing like dirty scumbags. They were putting a little bit extra and a little bit late into every. Single. Damn. Hit. Watkins took exception and put a little something extra into his block on myles jack. It's expected for Jack to get pissed off. Instead he went absolutely berzerk.

Rudolph to me is a little shit with a punchable face. But what he did was the equal to a little punk throwing spitballs at the teacher. What Garrett did was equal to a teacher bodyslamming a student for something as trivial as a spitball. I'll leave it up to you which act people should get worked up about.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:58 PM 11-15-2019
Cliff notes on the hammer falling?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:01 PM 11-15-2019
If Garrett hit Rudolph with the main part of the helmet... We'd be talking about witnessing a critical to deathly injury on the field. I seriously cannot believe people are obsessing over what Rudolph did right now.

A guy jabbing you in the chest annoyingly does not justify picking a hammer up and swinging at the guy.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:09 PM 11-15-2019
Myles Garrett would not have been flagged or fined on that play prior to him getting angry over Rudolph trying to twist and pull on his helmet.
Rudolph should be suspended also.
Pouncey should have been suspended for more that he was for throwing punches kicking the head and then dropping down and throwing more punches.
Rudolph would not have gotten hit with the helmet if his dumb angry ass would not have continued to pursue it after his OL had gotten in the middle.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:11 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Myles Garrett would not have been flagged or fined on that play prior to him getting angry over Rudolph trying to twist and pull on his helmet.
Pouncey should have been suspended for more that he was for throwing punches kicking the head and then dropping down and throwing more punches.
Rudolph would not have gotten hit with the helmet if his dumb angry ass would not have continued to pursue it after his OL had gotten in the middle.

So it's everyone's fault but Garrett

Gotcha

You realize you are in the very vast minority here, right?

No one is saying these other players are blameless, but the fact is Garrett tried to bash someone's head in with a helmet
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:13 PM 11-15-2019
Did they execute that piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:29 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
So it's everyone's fault but Garrett

Gotcha

You realize you are in the very vast minority here, right?

No one is saying these other players are blameless, but the fact is Garrett tried to bash someone's head in with a helmet
You need to learn reading comprehension.
Did you not see or understand the meaning of prior to? It is pretty obvious after that point how out of line Garrett was in that altercation.
I didn't think you did.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:36 PM 11-15-2019
You need to learn reading comprehension.
Did you not see or understand the meaning of prior to? It is pretty obvious after that point how out of line Garrett was in that altercation.
I didn't think you did.
Maybe I do need some lessons in comprehension. I have no idea what you just said.

If someone commits an action worthy of suspension, it does not mean the person instigating that action deserves suspension as well

What happened "prior to" doesn't matter. Just like it doesn't matter that Rudolph followed Garrett.

Just like it doesn't matter that Mason pulled on Garrett's helmet.

Those are not suspendable actions, and Garrett swinging a helmet doesn't suddenly make them suspendable actions.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:42 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Maybe I do need some lessons in comprehension. I have no idea what you just said.

If someone commits an action worthy of suspension, it does not mean the person instigating that action deserves suspension as well
:-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:46 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

A guy jabbing you in the chest annoyingly does not justify picking a hammer up and swinging at the guy.
NO ONE IS SAYING IT DID
[Reply]
SupDock 08:48 PM 11-15-2019
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:01 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Cliff notes on the hammer falling?
It bounced back at them..

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:06 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Maybe it’s just that your take is so bad he’s searching for an explanation other than reasoned analysis. :-)
This is what he keeps missing. And dude is usually really well measured and pretty spot on which makes this opinion even more bizarre to me.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:28 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It bounced back at them..

thanks!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:29 PM 11-15-2019
I honestly don't get this. Mason Rudolph would NOT have been suspended if Myles Garrett reacted to his provoking like a normal person. And that is giving Garrett a LOT of leeway to beat the shit out of Rudolph in a lot of different ways. But Rudolph's actions that would otherwise not be suspendable should all of a sudden be suspended because the guy he provoked had an extreme overreaction? That doesn't make any damn sense.

What Mason Rudolph did was stupid and annoying. What Garrett did was even for a VERY lenient sports definition of assault... extreme assault.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 30
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up