ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Guess the suspensions for each player.
*** Alleged perpetrator #1 - Larry Ogunjobi 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 6 5.66%
No suspension, but with a fine. 29 27.36%
1 game suspension 28 26.42%
2-3 game suspension 17 16.04%
4-5 game suspension 3 2.83%
Remainder of the season, back next year 5 4.72%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 3 2.83%
*** Alleged perpetrator #2 - Mason Rudolph 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 31 29.25%
No suspension, but with a fine. 35 33.02%
1 game suspension 18 16.98%
2-3 game suspension 7 6.60%
4-5 game suspension 1 0.94%
Remainder of the season, back next year 1 0.94%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 1 0.94%
*** Alleged perpetrator #3 - Maurkice Pouncey 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 3 2.83%
No suspension, but with a fine. 8 7.55%
1 game suspension 24 22.64%
2-3 game suspension 39 36.79%
4-5 game suspension 9 8.49%
Remainder of the season, back next year 3 2.83%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 1 0.94%
*** Alleged perpetrator #4 - Myles Garret 1 0.94%
No suspension, no fine. 1 0.94%
No suspension, but with a fine. 2 1.89%
1 game suspension 2 1.89%
2-3 game suspension 4 3.77%
4-5 game suspension 4 3.77%
Remainder of the season, back next year 51 48.11%
Remainder of the season, plus at least one game next year. 32 30.19%
*** Other thoughts and theories. Check all that apply. 5 4.72%
Von Miller instigated this. 20 18.87%
Mason Rudolph caused it because he's chasing an NFL record for hits to the head. 12 11.32%
I bet Roethlisberger roofied Garrett's sister. 18 16.98%
Mike Tomlin should have stepped onto the field to block Garrett's path. 9 8.49%
Garrett, you played Brady recently. You couldn't do us a favor? 28 26.42%
I have no additional thoughts or theories at this time. 11 10.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll
Page 13 of 30
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Guess the suspensions in the Browns-Steelers rumble.
Rain Man 12:28 AM 11-15-2019
Winner gets to push down the NFL player of their choice and stomp on his head.

Poll arriving sometime after the whistle.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:19 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Actually, there quite clearly is.

And there was nothing legally wrong with Garrett's tackle. It doesn't matter that there were only a few seconds left in the game. It's football, and the tackle was a legal tackle.

Rudolph didn't like it, and I can't say I don't understand that, but he clearly tries to rip Garrett's helmet off first using both hands. Left hand clearly grabbing the fasemask and pulling it down, right hands reaches around the back of the helmet trying to pull it off. And he nearly gets it off. That's called instigating; he started it. And the kick to the groin happens almost immediately after the above video clip ends.

And then when they're both up, and Garrett has Mason's helmet, Rudolph rushes forward but behind DeCastro yelling something (we can guess what most of that sounded like), pointing his finger at Garrett before he gets clocked. In other words, Mason didn't have to further antagonize Garrett; he could've simply walked away, found the ref and pleaded his case.

Instead, he gets whacked, and IMMEDIATELY turns around, hands up in the air, clearly looking for a flag. I find that interesting.
Are you black by chance? Coming at this from a racial.angle is the only way your take makes any sense.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 02:20 PM 11-15-2019

And there was nothing legally wrong with Garrett's tackle. It doesn't matter that there were only a few seconds left in the game. It's football, and the tackle was a legal tackle.

Rudolph didn't like it, and I can't say I don't understand that, but he clearly tries to rip Garrett's helmet off first using both hands. Left hand clearly grabbing the fasemask and pulling it down, right hands reaches around the back of the helmet trying to pull it off. And he nearly gets it off. That's called instigating; he started it. And the kick to the groin happens almost immediately after the above video clip ends.

And then when they're both up, and Garrett has Mason's helmet, Rudolph rushes forward but behind DeCastro yelling something (we can guess what most of that sounded like), pointing his finger at Garrett before he gets clocked. In other words, Mason didn't have to further antagonize Garrett; he could've simply walked away, found the ref and pleaded his case.

Instead, he gets whacked, and IMMEDIATELY turns around, hands up in the air, clearly looking for a flag. I find that interesting.
You can’t tackle the quarterback after he gets rid of the ball. That’s illegal, by definition. Just because the defender sometimes gets the benefit of the doubt if he arrives a split second late or tries to lay off at the last second doesn’t mean the tackle is legal.

Neither of those two scenarios apply to Garrett, btw.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:22 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
You can’t tackle the quarterback after he gets rid of the ball. That’s illegal, by definition. Just because the defender sometimes gets the benefit of the doubt if he arrives a split second late or tries to lay off at the last second doesn’t mean the tackle is legal.

And even if you consider it legal, he continues the take down for far longer than necessary. Garrett knew the ball was gone.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:22 PM 11-15-2019
That facemask penalty was definitely of the 15 yard variety...
[Reply]
ghak99 02:25 PM 11-15-2019

I hope you don't reproduce.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:25 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Are you black by chance? Coming at this from a racial.angle is the only way your take makes any sense.
Wtf?
[Reply]
Sorry 02:30 PM 11-15-2019
Never mind I read Rudy was suspended but he should be for a game kicking in the groin
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:30 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:

First of all, Garrett arrives about a tenth of a second after Rudolph throws the ball. Not two steps later, not even one and a half steps late. He's about a step late max.

Secondly, if he was that late, as you contend, the ref that was standing there less than ten feet away would've thrown a flag, which he didn't. Never even reached for it, until Garrett pulled Mason's helmet off.

Thirdly, not one analyst, not during the game, not immediately after, not this morning, has made a case for the idea that Garrett hit Mason illegally. None. Nada.

The league itself hasn't mentioned that Garrett hit Mason late.

So no matter how much you dislike Garrett or the Browns, or love the Steelers or Mason, is irrelevant. The hit was legal.
[Reply]
Sorry 02:32 PM 11-15-2019
Are you white by chance? Only reason why you would say something stupid and off base regarding race
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:33 PM 11-15-2019
What the fuck does my race have to do with anything? Did I at any time mention race in any of my posts you piece of shit? Fuck you. Not that it matters, but no, I'm not black, but even if I was, what the fuck difference would it make, you racist fuck?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:33 PM 11-15-2019
Wtf?
Your take and obsession with it is ****ing retarded so I can only assume it some racially motivated emotional response or your are also Browns fan.
[Reply]
Sorry 02:33 PM 11-15-2019
First of all, Garrett arrives about a tenth of a second after Rudolph throws the ball. Not two steps later, not even one and a half steps late. He's about a step late max.

Secondly, if he was that late, as you contend, the ref that was standing there less than ten feet away would've thrown a flag, which he didn't. Never even reached for it, until Garrett pulled Mason's helmet off.

Thirdly, not one analyst, not during the game, not immediately after, not this morning, has made a case for the idea that Garrett hit Mason illegally. None. Nada.

The league itself hasn't mentioned that Garrett hit Mason late.

So no matter how much you dislike Garrett or the Browns, or love the Steelers or Mason, is irrelevant. The hit was legal.
I don’t think he should’ve drove him into the ground personally but seems like they had beef.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:35 PM 11-15-2019
Your take and obsessuon with it is ****ing retarded so I can only assume it some racially motivated emotional response or a Browns fan.
So your problem is that I'm not white? Go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:38 PM 11-15-2019
So your problem is that I'm not white? Go **** yourself.
I knew it! Carry on. :-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:42 PM 11-15-2019
This thread sure took a weird turn.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 30
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up