ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 32
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Do any of you still go to Long John Silvers?
Simply Red 05:50 PM 05-02-2012
I went last week & thought about you all.

Chicken planks are really good if you haven't had them in 10+yrs. I also like Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke, these days.

[Reply]
Spokane Chief Fan 11:38 AM 02-14-2020
Here in Spokane they had Long Johns in with Kentucky Fried. They just remodeled and took them out, so no LJS.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:57 AM 02-14-2020
no
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:57 AM 02-14-2020
Seems like I hit them up about once a year. So a couple days ago I stopped and got a 2 piece fish combo. It came with fries, 2 hush puppies and a drink. $8 and some change out the door.

That 2 piece wasn't even worth $5, and they didn't even put on the damn extra crunchies like the usually did. After eating it I felt like I would have been more satisfied at McDonalds with a filet-o-fish.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:58 AM 02-14-2020
LJS with and A and W. Magical. I lived on Bannister and there was a shitty LJS off of the highway. If I could manage to keep my mitsubishi lancer out of a 5 foot pothole I would get some fish after drinking all friday and saturday night. Then I would go home and enjoy some Todd Haley magic
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:11 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Seems like I hit them up about once a year. So a couple days ago I stopped and got a 2 piece fish combo. It came with fries, 2 hush puppies and a drink. $8 and some change out the door.

That 2 piece wasn't even worth $5, and they didn't even put on the damn extra crunchies like the usually did. After eating it I felt like I would have been more satisfied at McDonalds with a filet-o-fish.
Never, ever say that. Ever. If you think McDonald's filet o fish is good, well then you don't know fish.

Two side notes

1. Arby's fish sandwich is really, really good. Can only get it this time of year.

2. If you're dead set on getting a McDonald's filet o fish, you can get their shamrock shakes beginning February 19th.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:21 PM 02-14-2020
The closest one closed down over a year ago. That sucks and so I think the nearest is an hour away and i don't want to go in that direction because Dodge Shitty stinks.
[Reply]
TLO 01:42 PM 02-14-2020
LJS is never one of those places I think of going when I'm hungry. But when I do eat there, I generally enjoy their food.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:49 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Long John silvers chicken tenders are for real!

Yeah, well, Carrington is a dumb fucking asshole, and shitty at his job. All the more reason to go to LJS!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:16 PM 02-14-2020
Absolutely terrible food
[Reply]
Hoover 02:18 PM 02-14-2020
I mean where do you even find a Long John Silvers?

I think they are only in parts of Des Moines I don't go to unless its State Fair time.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:19 PM 02-14-2020
Outside of maybe drinking gasoline, or chewing on ghost peppers.......I dont think there's a food on the planet that wreaks as much havoc on your digestion system than LJS!

Maybe Jack-in-the-box tacos comes in a close 2nd!
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:45 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Never, ever say that. Ever. If you think McDonald's filet o fish is good, well then you don't know fish.

Two side notes

1. Arby's fish sandwich is really, really good. Can only get it this time of year.

2. If you're dead set on getting a McDonald's filet o fish, you can get their shamrock shakes beginning February 19th.
Negative, Ghostrider. Their main saving grace was the malt vinegar.

I mean how can they even call that a filet? it wasn't even 2oz of fish. Then let's mention these damn chicken scrapings they call strips. More like strips of scrapings out of the corners of the strip machine. Breaded with about 200% more breading than needed just to make the consumer think they are actually eating something. You just know the CEO's of that company laugh all the way to the bank every time someone orders a chicken strip from them. I couldn't imagine the cost to them being over 20 cents each per strip given the lack of meat in them.

The fries are usually soggy too. How they hell can a place that specializes in deep fried food have soggy fries??? I mean you haven't even mastered the fry game yet? As Travis Kelce would say....PFFFFTSHHHHHH!!!!

Let's not forget about those hush puppies as well. A Tbsp sized piece of batter x 2. How much crap you think they put in those to cover for it being their cheapest item?

I'm sure I won't return till next year, and I'm sure I'll come away with the same impression. Should of went to Mcdonald's.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:49 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:

I think they are only in parts of Des Moines I don't go to unless its State Fair time.
There's one in Lee Summit...
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:51 PM 02-14-2020
Haven't been to one since I first started dating my wife in '94. If I want fish, there are much better options when you live close to the source
[Reply]
Fish 03:07 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:

There's still 7 of them in the KC metro area...
[Reply]
Page 21 of 32
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up