ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 32
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Do any of you still go to Long John Silvers?
Simply Red 05:50 PM 05-02-2012
I went last week & thought about you all.

Chicken planks are really good if you haven't had them in 10+yrs. I also like Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke, these days.

[Reply]
Dayze 09:14 AM 05-23-2013
I haven't been in a while; but I remember th last time I went it really hit the spot.
[Reply]
chop 09:23 AM 05-23-2013
My wife refuses to go to any of the LJS restaurants since the time they messed up her order. After going to the table and sitting down, she noticed that she didn't get the meal that she ordered. She took her plate back to the person working behind the counter and explained that she got the wrong food. The person gave her the correct food back but put the food that she had originally taken back to her table back in the bin for others to eat. After seeing what just happened, she threw her food away and vowed to never eat there again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by chop:
My wife refuses to go to any of the LJS restaurants since the time they messed up her order. After going to the table and sitting down, she noticed that she didn't get the meal that she ordered. She took her plate back to the person working behind the counter and explained that she got the wrong food. The person gave her the correct food back but put the food that she had originally taken back to her table back in the bin for others to eat. After seeing what just happened, she threw her food away and vowed to never eat there again.
She should probably never eat at a restaurant anywhere. Ever.

That's SOP for most restaurant staff, including sit down joints. No, they don't do it at high end places, but essentially any chain restaurant has folks in the back that snag a piece of 'stray' quesadilla or some french fries that went out instead of a baked potato.

Wait staff gets hungry. Sorry champ, but it isn't just LJS...
[Reply]
chop 09:34 AM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
She should probably never eat at a restaurant anywhere. Ever.

That's SOP for most restaurant staff, including sit down joints. No, they don't do it at high end places, but essentially any chain restaurant has folks in the back that snag a piece of 'stray' quesadilla or some french fries that went out instead of a baked potato.

Wait staff gets hungry. Sorry champ, but it isn't just LJS...
I understand the wait staff may eat the food but they shouldn't resale food that was brought back to other customers.
[Reply]
chop 09:37 AM 05-23-2013
Once the food is no longer in view of the staff, the restaurant shouldn't try to resale.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by chop:
Once the food is no longer in view of the staff, the restaurant shouldn't try to resale.
ooooohhhhh - for other customers to eat.

Yeah - that's not cool. At all.

(After re-reading, I see what you mean when you said 'bin'; I was thinking along the lines of a little tray area out of sight for the staff to eat, but that's clearly not what it means in a fast-food setting. My bad, yo)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:42 PM 05-23-2013
I haven't eaten at a LJS in more than 20 years. The closet location is more than 20 miles from my home and there's only eight locations in a 50 mile radius.

KFC's are disappearing out here, too. The location closest to my home (which was awful, BTW) was bulldozed a few years ago. The next nearest location is now a Zankou Chicken (which is unbelievably awesome).
[Reply]
Exoter175 02:12 PM 05-23-2013
Because of this thread, I had LJS yesterday, it was delicious. That is all.
[Reply]
Msmith 02:16 PM 05-23-2013
The one that was near the campus closed down. I really miss that place but my wife forbids me to eat there due to health reason.

Every time I ate there there were always some over-weight customers munching down the greasy but delicious food.
[Reply]
Bump 02:19 PM 05-23-2013
How can one stomach that shit?

Being in Boston, one can't just go back to eating fish that isn't fresh.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:58 PM 05-23-2013
I just had some LJS not too long ago on a trip to visit my sister in Sacramento. I was stunned to notice that they offer vegetables. I grabbed my chicken planks/fish...thing/french fries/hush puppies plate and added an order of hush puppies to go with it. Why? Because hush puppies. That's why.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:59 PM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by Bump:
How can one stomach that shit?

Being in Boston, one can't just go back to eating fish that isn't fresh.
You can only go about once every ten years or so.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:01 PM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by houstonwhodat:
If it's cooked fresh it can be pretty good.

But why is it always so greasy???
I could probably cook fish in a pool of lard, on a lard frying pan, on top of a stove made of lard, in protective clothing made of lard and then top it with lard, and it wouldn't turn out as greasy as LJS food. I'd still eat it though. Why? Hush puppies.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:01 PM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud:
I haven't eaten at a LJS in more than 20 years. The closet location is more than 20 miles from my home and there's only eight locations in a 50 mile radius.

KFC's are disappearing out here, too. The location closest to my home (which was awful, BTW) was bulldozed a few years ago. The next nearest location is now a Zankou Chicken (which is unbelievably awesome).
Yea, it seems like a few old school franchises are struggling these days. Long Johns, which is near obsolete in my area, KFC, Wendy's...Burger King.......

I see a lot of Chick FIL A, Popeyes, Whataburger and of course McDonalds picking up the slack.
[Reply]
bevischief 05:31 PM 05-23-2013
I haven't seen a LJS since I moved up here.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 32
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up