ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1812 of 3903
« First < 812131217121762180218081809181018111812 181318141815181618221862191223122812 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stevieray 09:09 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
So...**** them?

No.

And all the people who die daily from all the other diseases?

You care about that? You going to stop driving because people die everyday in car accidents? Of course not.

Life IS a risk, and has risks. You can be proactive, but you can't stop that.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:10 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That attitude isn't just him alone either.
please don't speak for me.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:10 AM 05-04-2020
After 24 years of working in a Hospital I have become desensitized somewhat to death etc, diagnosing friends and family with cancers and so on, so if this virus only killed 90+ year olds my opinion might change but it is also doing a number on 60+ which is a little harder to wrap my brain around. My dad at 73 would be considered high risk and to take him away from my kids right now after their grandma passed away at 62 from Ca would kill them, would I get over it sure , seeing my kids in pain would suck ass though.
[Reply]
Donger 09:10 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Anyone want to tackle this? CDC changed the number of Covid deaths to 37K?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
Sure:

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.

Then:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

Last updated on May 3, 2020

Total Cases 1,122,486 29,671 New Cases*

Total Deaths 65,735
[Reply]
stevieray 09:11 AM 05-04-2020
We'd all be better off if we just implemented policies based on eugenics, really.
oh, you think that day isn't coming?
[Reply]
notorious 05-04-2020, 09:17 AM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Donger 09:18 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I don't understand why some people attempt to compare COVID-19 deaths to deaths from car wrecks and non-contagious diseases.

It makes no sense at all.
[Reply]
notorious 09:19 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I don't understand why some people attempt to compare COVID-19 deaths to deaths from car wrecks and non-contagious diseases.

Damnit Donger, I deleted my post to avoid drama. Thanks a lot! :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:19 AM 05-04-2020
Miami Dolphins' CEO discussing plans for fans to be in the stands at their home games this fall...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ic/3077074001/

Originally Posted by :
"We would have times to come in for security at different gates so people would be separated out, in terms of when they enter the stadium," Dolphins CEO/president Tom Garfinkel said Monday in an interview on "Good Morning America," per ESPN. "We would exit the stadium much like a church environment, where each row exits so people aren't filing out all at the same time in a herd."

The mock-up plan mirrors carry-out food line protocol established by restaurants. The Dolphins would include colored spots on the ground to mark where people stand before entering Hard Rock Stadium, allowing fans to stay six feet apart. The Dolphins could be down to 15,000 fans in the 65,000-seat stadium.

Hard Rock Stadium became the first public facility to earn the Global Biorisk Advisory Council's STAR accreditation, which is the standard used for facilities to implement cleaning, disinfecting and infectious disease prevention work practices to control coronavirus risks.

[Reply]
Donger 09:21 AM 05-04-2020
I have exercised the demons...
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:21 AM 05-04-2020
The problem is that this thing is at its deadliest not due to slow, gradual spread, but when sudden outbreaks occur in specific situations (e.g., nursing homes). So as one example of what you're talking about, they had to close a Walmart in Aurora, CO after three people died.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ected-to-store

Is that common? I'm not sure. But it is happening here and there.

Six more people, possibly nine, are thought to have gotten infected at the store. I mean, that’s basically nothing for a Wal-Mart with the amount of people it sees and certainly isn’t showing some huge problem. I’m certain there are way more attached to that store. I would guess at minimum 70% of of open grocery stores and Wal-Mart type stores have cases connected to them, it’s just we probably don’t know about them.

Remember that the New York antibody tests were done in grocery stores and other big box stores so clearly there are infected people all over those places. These places aren’t like nursing homes, prisons, meat plants, etc in their level of risk. The question is why. Is it demographics of customers? Of workers? Space in the store? Mitigation efforts? Probably all of the above.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:22 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
oh, you think that day isn't coming?
I have a lot of trouble believing that people are going to be fans of one of Nazi Germany's favorite policies any time soon.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:22 AM 05-04-2020
You are obviously more dead if you die from Covid than other things.
[Reply]
notorious 09:24 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

I have no idea why, either.

Maybe it’s similar to not being in control of another person that has the ability to hurt you through the car/sickness.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:26 AM 05-04-2020
France found a Covid Case from late December. I know CA is going back to December to check all the flu and pneumonia deaths to see if there are ones with Covid. I think every state should start doing this.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-05-0...IZ2/index.html

Originally Posted by :
The novel coronavirus first appeared in France on December 27, 2019, said Yves Cohen, an intensive care chief from Avicenne Hospital in Paris, in an interview with local media BFMTV on Sunday.

He said his medical team revisited test results of 24 patients with respiratory infections and tested negative for flu and other kinds of coronavirus in December and January, among them a male patient showed positive for COVID-19.

The patient was tested in hospital on December 27, a month before the first French cases were confirmed, Cohen said, adding that the test had been repeated several times to confirm the result.

The patient was sick for 15 days and infected his two children but not his wife who works in a fish stall of a supermarket.

Cohen initially questioned whether the wife had been exposed to fish products from China, but later confirmed that she had only been exposed to fish produced in France.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:27 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
France found a Covid Case from late December. I know CA is going back to December to check all the flu and pneumonia deaths to see if there are ones with Covid. I think every state should start doing this.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-05-0...IZ2/index.html
Yeah, no.
[Reply]
Page 1812 of 3903
« First < 812131217121762180218081809181018111812 181318141815181618221862191223122812 > Last »
Up