ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1211 of 3903
« First < 21171111111161120112071208120912101211 121212131214121512211261131117112211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:38 PM 04-07-2020
Let's clarify this for a second. Arguing the effectiveness of a stay in place isnt a political argument. There seems to be some confusion about this during the conversation.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:39 PM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, cause that's what I said....dude, fucking stop the gotcha bullshit. Either address what I said or leave it alone and move along.
"More people have this than we know"

That means undiagnosed cases, which is clearly correct. This isn't gotcha. Who is disagreeing with that?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:39 PM 04-07-2020
Initially yes then it ratcheted down.
Yes..I know. They lagged behind Saint Joseph.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:39 PM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
How does that make your point? That's no different than how other condition are reported

They're making it clear that they don't want Covid-19 excluded from death certificates If it is a contributing factor.
Did you actually read the part you quoted? What part of the word assumed are you not getting?

As I stated and has been stated by others, people are being listed as dying from Covid even if it may not have been the cause. Stating it as a possible contributing factor and stating it as the cause, assumed or otherwise, is two entirely different things.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:43 PM 04-07-2020
The article you linked

“COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death,” reads*CDC guidance*issued in March. “Certifiers should include as much detail as possible based on their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc. If the decedent had other chronic conditions such as COPD or asthma that may have also contributed, these conditions can be reported in Part II.”

Seems reasonable
The other part of the article that I did NOT link...also stated we ironically have a significant drop in heart attack and stroke cases to the tune of up to 60%.

Do you think there is just the slightest chance that people are dying from such but for whatever reason it's being linked too or identified as Covid?
[Reply]
SupDock 08:43 PM 04-07-2020
Did you actually read the part you quoted? What part of the word assumed are you not getting?

As I stated and has been stated by others, people are being listed as dying from Covid even if it may not have been the cause. Stating it as a possible contributing factor and stating it as the cause, assumed or otherwise, is two entirely different things.
In my opinion, it is not.

If someone develops sepsis during a hospital stay from Covid-19, cause of death is Covid 19

Someone dies from Torsade de pointes from Plaquenil during an ICU stay for Covid-19, cause of death is Covid 19.

Someone develops pleural edema due to overly aggressive IV fluids while in the hospital for Covid 19, cause of death is Covid 19.

There is a reason why cardiac arrest shouldn't be listed as cause of death, and that's because it isn't useful or meaningful
[Reply]
SupDock 08:45 PM 04-07-2020
The other part of the article that I did NOT link...also stated we ironically have a significant drop in heart attack and stroke cases to the tune of up to 60%.

Do you think there is just the slightest chance that people are dying from such but for whatever reason it's being linked too or identified as Covid?

I think a lot of these people are dying at home. That's what the cardiologist in the article suggested

Are some patients being misattributed, sure, but as is the case with pandemic death reports, the virus is more under-reported than over-reported
[Reply]
petegz28 08:46 PM 04-07-2020
In my opinion, it is not.

If someone develops sepsis during a hospital stay from Covid-19, cause of death is Covid 19

Someone dies from Torsade de pointes from Plaquenil during an ICU stay for Covid-19, cause of death is Covid 19.

Someone develops pleural edema due to overly aggressive IV fluids while in the hospital for Covid 19, cause of death is Covid 19.

There is a reason why cardiac arrest shouldn't be listed as cause of death, and that's because it isn't useful or meaningful
And what if someone dies of a heart attack or stroke but tests positive from Covid but was actually asymptomatic? How do you think that's being recorded? According to Birx and others it's Covid.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:48 PM 04-07-2020
I think a lot of these people are dying at home. That's what the cardiologist in the article suggested
That was one possible scenario based on an assumption that they didn't want to go to the hospital in fear of catching Covid. I can tell you I think most people would risk that if they were having a heart attack as opposed to opting to just die at home because they are afraid they might get a virus that might kill them if they go to the hospital.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:49 PM 04-07-2020
And what if someone dies of a heart attack or stroke but tests positive from Covid but was actually asymptomatic? How do you think that's being recorded? According to Birx and others it's Covid.
“There are other countries, that if you have a pre-existing condition, and let’s say the virus called you to go to the ICU (intensive care unit) and then have a heart or kidney problem,” she explained. “Some countries are recording that as a kidney issue, or a heart issue, and not a COVID-19 death.”

I would not agree with attributing an asymptomatic person with a positive test as having does from Covid-19. Where are you reading that?
[Reply]
SupDock 08:52 PM 04-07-2020
That was one possible scenario based on an assumption that they didn't want to go to the hospital in fear of catching Covid. I can tell you I think most people would risk that if they were having a heart attack as opposed to opting to just die at home because they are afraid they might get a virus that might kill them if they go to the hospital.
New York is reporting unprecedented numbers of deaths at home. These are not being recorded as Covid-19 deaths. Are you suggesting they should be, or do you think people are staying home with serious conditons because of fear of Covid-19?

I will agree with the cardiologist on this one, but the truth is likely somewhere in the middle

Either it is people staying home with serious conditions, or under-reported deaths from Covid-19. Thoughts?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:52 PM 04-07-2020
“There are other countries, that if you have a pre-existing condition, and let’s say the virus called you to go to the ICU (intensive care unit) and then have a heart or kidney problem,” she explained. “Some countries are recording that as a kidney issue, or a heart issue, and not a COVID-19 death.”

I would not agree with attributing an asymptomatic person with a positive test as having does from Covid-19. Where are you reading that?
I don't care about "countries". We are not doing that and she stated so. They are marking you down as Covid if you even show symptoms. You read the article. You posted the quotes even. If they even ASSSUME Covid was involved they are saying Covid killed you regardless.

Now whether that's a good thing or bad thing I don't know but I know it's a good way to fluff the death rate and scare the fuck out of people.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:55 PM 04-07-2020
New York is reporting unprecedented numbers of deaths at home. These are not being recorded as Covid-19 deaths. Are you suggesting they should be, or do you think people are staying home with serious conditons because of fear of Covid-19?

I will agree with the cardiologist on this one, but the truth is likely somewhere in the middle
According to to what was posted today they are starting too.

I am not suggesting anything. The cardiologist you referenced in the article suggested that. And it's ridiculous on its very face. Why the fuck would someone choose to die at home from a heart attack because they are afraid if they go to the hospital that they might catch a virus that might kill them?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:58 PM 04-07-2020

Either it is people staying home with serious conditions, or under-reported deaths from Covid-19. Thoughts?
Read this carefully...

Originally Posted by :
“What is striking is that many of the emergencies have disappeared,” the doctor continued. “Heart attack and stroke teams, always poised to rush in and save lives, are mostly idle. This is not just at my hospital. My fellow cardiologists have shared with me that their cardiology consultations have shrunk, except those related to Covid-19. In an informal Twitter poll by @angioplastyorg, an online community of cardiologists, almost half of the respondents reported that they are seeing a 40 percent to 60 percent reduction in admissions for heart attacks; about 20 percent reported more than a 60 percent reduction.”

Dr. Krumholz chalked up the drop to scared Americans, apparently dying in their homes instead of going to a hospital where they might catch COVID-19:

The most concerning possible explanation is that people stay home and suffer rather than risk coming to the hospital and getting infected with coronavirus. This theory suggests that Covid-19 has instilled fear of face-to-face medical care. As a result, many people with urgent health problems may be opting to remain at home rather than call for help.
This guy is saying people are choosing to stay home and die of a heart attack instead of risking getting a virus that might kill them. I am sorry but I think if you are having a stroke or heart attack you are going to chance getting Covid because you're gonna ****ing die if you don't
[Reply]
SupDock 08:58 PM 04-07-2020
According to to what was posted today they are starting too.

I am not suggesting anything. The cardiologist you referenced in the article suggested that. And it's ridiculous on its very face. Why the fuck would someone choose to die at home from a heart attack because they are afraid if they go to the hospital that they might catch a virus that might kill them?
Yet, more.people are dying at home. It is either people refusing to seek care or . . .?

As for cause of death, you are exactly right , if they think Covid-19 contributed to the death, they write it down. Which is what they should do.
[Reply]
Page 1211 of 3903
« First < 21171111111161120112071208120912101211 121212131214121512211261131117112211 > Last »
Up