Page 68 of 298
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:05 AM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I'm wondering if Bob is abusing his meds. Do you think he even knew what city he was in yesterday?
He hasn't for years, but that won't change Andy's loyalty to him and his signature "bend before you break" system.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:14 AM 08-26-2018
What do we have to lose by sending the house on all third and longs? We can’t cover anyway. Not like we’ll get burnt any worse than we already are. We might even hit a QB once in awhile.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:19 AM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
What do we have to lose by sending the house on all third and longs? We can’t cover anyway. Not like we’ll get burnt any worse than we already are. We might even hit a QB once in awhile.
Agreed. Our only hope is QB pressure. These guys can't cover for 2 seconds much less 4.
[Reply]
TEX 09:22 AM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
The fact that even talking heads on TV cannot mention Reid's defense without bringing up his Philadelphia past CANNOT be a good thing!
It sure is looking like if it ends in KC for Reid, its going to do so like it did in Philly. I know in Philly he waa the GM also, but now that Veach is GM here, its just an extension of Reid. We'll see how it all plays out.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:12 AM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
It sure is looking like if it ends in KC for Reid, its going to do so like it did in Philly. I know in Philly he waa the GM also, but now that Veach is GM here, its just an extension of Reid. We'll see how it all plays out.
I don't want to continually bang the Fire Reid drum again this season, I have made my feelings clear on that, but Reid has not changed at all from his time in Philly, he is the same coach with all the same shortcomings, and is too limited honestly to win a super bowl. He's a liability on game day, however popular he might be with the players.

Yes, he lost a Super Bowl once with a completely loaded team, with the defense Jim Johnson and Spagnuolo and McDermott were running, and with John Harbaugh and Shurmur and Childress all on staff as well to moderate his influences.

That isn't the recipe here in KC, where he's basically been made emperor of the franchise again and has Bob Sutton and a continuing outflux of anybody competent like Nagy to other jobs.

This is pure Reid, which is a very thin soup.
[Reply]
jspchief 08:27 AM 08-27-2018
I've said it numerous times on this site. Sutton's defensive scheme only succeeds through exceptional individual playmaking from his star players.

Now that the defense has its lowest number of star players in Sutton's tenure, it's going to show just how bad it is. Not enough big plays to bail his ass out anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bobbything 08:35 AM 08-27-2018
With shitty talent you have two mindsets: either go the Sutton/Robinson route and lay back and let them pick you apart, hoping the QB makes a mistake and you get a turnover. Or, go the Gunther route and send the house and let them hit a big play over and over, hoping that at some point the QB makes a mistake and you get a turnover.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:44 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by bobbything:
With shitty talent you have two mindsets: either go the Saunders/Robinson route and lay back and let them pick you apart, hoping the QB makes a mistake and you get a turnover. Or, go the Gunther route and send the house and let them hit a big play over and over, hoping that at some point the QB makes a mistake and you get a turnover.
Al Saunders was responsible for that!? :-) :-)
[Reply]
bobbything 08:49 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Al Saunders was responsible for that!? :-) :-)
Heh...whoops. My mind is in 2003.
[Reply]
ILChief 10:09 AM 08-27-2018
Evergreen post
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:47 AM 08-27-2018
Keysor had a good article that made the case that Sutton wasn't completely at fault for the Bears mess; the players are.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:48 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Keysor had a good article that made the case that Sutton wasn't completely at fault for the Bears mess; the players are.
That's comforting.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 11:51 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
That's comforting.
Right?! I would rather it just be the old turd’s fault.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:59 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Right?! I would rather it just be the old turd’s fault.
And while I preferred we moved on from Sutton, some of the hate for him is coming from that thought. It would be easier and cleaner if it was just the DC we had to replace and not 30-40% of the defense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:02 PM 08-27-2018
Interesting tidbit.

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs never lined up in their dime defense with the starting defense. That means that I tabulated exactly once that Bob Sutton ran a dime defense this preseason, a stark difference from the over 60 percent of the snaps the Chiefs ran the dime last year.

[Reply]
Page 68 of 298
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Up