Nzoner's Game Room>More carries for Shady
lewdog 04:56 PM 10-13-2019
Why the fuck not?

5.4 YPC. Speed looks decent.

What am I missing?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Ye Gods, Shady doesn't have a chronic fumbling problem. He had one year in which he fumbled 4 times, which was about ten years ago. For his career he loses about 2 balls a season.

And in the playoffs for his career, he's lost exactly one ball.

I haven't seen the replay of his fumble from last night, but I've already read in a few places that he actually had it tucked to his body, so the fumble wasn't about how he was holding it.

Everyone needs to chill out.
Neither of his fumbles this year were.

People are fucking retarded.
[Reply]
ghak99 02:20 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Neither of his fumbles this year were.

People are fucking retarded.
Show me the third point of contact on the first fumble.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 02:28 PM 10-28-2019
Still pulling for him! STILL the best back we got!
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:36 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Theowat1:
Reid should be coaching high school ball, pulling McCoy for a fumble? Does he pull a DB or the whole f....kin D for giving up points? The QB for interceptions? Andy Reid is a worthless fat a$$ POS vast age MF!!!
Finally! Someone on CP gets it.:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 02:44 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Theowat1:
Reid should be coaching high school ball, pulling McCoy for a fumble? Does he pull a DB or the whole f....kin D for giving up points? The QB for interceptions? Andy Reid is a worthless fat a$$ POS vast age MF!!!
That was the second time that Shady has cost the team and offense momentum and possibly a chance to win the game. I was glad Reid pulled him. Damien did just fine in his place.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:02 PM 10-28-2019
So far he's fumbled twice in less than 80 carries. Not good.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 03:10 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Finally! Someone on CP gets it.:-)
At least 2 people who lose out to an amoeba when it comes to mental capability
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:39 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He is getting stripped tucking the ball in.
What ?:-) He is getting it stripped because he refuses to tuck it immediately upon hand off against his body. He has huge hands and can hold it against his inner forearm out and away from his body as he runs and this feels more comfortable to him as opposed to tucking it against his body. This is a very bad habit and I damn guarantee Andy already said something to him after his first fumble and why he never saw the field again last night.
[Reply]
ghak99 06:38 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
What ?:-) He is getting it stripped because he refuses to tuck it immediately upon hand off against his body. He has huge hands and can hold it against his inner forearm out and away from his body as he runs and this feels more comfortable to him as opposed to tucking it against his body. This is a very bad habit and I damn guarantee Andy already said something to him after his first fumble and why he never saw the field again last night.
"He's a pro, he'll fix it." /Reid

He's been a pro for years and has always ran loose armed and even gets to waving it around like a flag occasionally. Coaches like Reid let him get away with it. I don't care how big his hand is, an NFL ball punch requires the third point of contact. Let his dumb ass run pop warner drills with someone like our old nut case coach Haley watching over him until it soaks in.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:42 PM 10-28-2019
Shady fumbles less than the league average. Less than some HOF RBs did in their hallowed careers.

Everyone just got spoiled by Kareem not fumbling, ever. Which was a complete outlier, not even close to the norm. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if Hunt had a couple fumbles this year when he gets back on the field. Because that's normal.

Historically speaking, it's unlikely Shady has another fumble this year.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:51 PM 10-28-2019
Looking at his stats: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/McCoLe01.htm

2415 career rushes ,494 receptions

24 fumbles

I'll take that any day!
[Reply]
dj56dt58 07:09 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Looking at his stats: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/McCoLe01.htm

2415 career rushes ,494 receptions

24 fumbles

I'll take that any day!
So glad 2 of those were within the last 3 weeks potentially costing us 2 games
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:12 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
So glad 2 of those were within the last 3 weeks potentially costing us 2 games
YES, now you're getting it.

The odds are that Shady won't have another fumble for the rest of the year, because he's already reached his career average. So now we don't have to worry about it anymore.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:12 PM 10-28-2019
McCoy has fumbled 25 times with 2981 rushes and receptions including the playoffs.

Just to compare that to other great RBs with a large sample size:
Adrian Peterson has 49 fumbles with 3,323 rushes/receptions.
OJ Simpson had 62 fumbles with 2,622 rushes/receptions.
Barry Sanders had 42 fumbles with 3,526 rushes/receptions.
Marcus Allen had 72 fumbles with 3,929 rushes/receptions.
LaDainian Tomlinson had 32 fumbles with 3,954 rushes/receptions.
Emmitt Smith had 65 fumbles with 5,319 rushes/receptions.
Walter Payton had 90 fumbles with 4,532 rushes/receptions.
Priest Holmes had 17 fumbles with 2,167 rushes/receptions.

Not making any kind of point with this I was just curious how other great RBs were at ball security. McCoy has 2 costly fumbles lost so far in our first 8 games so hopefully that ends now. I assumed maybe he had a higher fumbling rate than other backs due to how he carries the ball. But that doesn't seem to be the case really.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:17 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
McCoy has fumbled 25 times with 2981 rushes and receptions including the playoffs.

Just to compare that to other great RBs with a large sample size:
Adrian Peterson has 49 fumbles with 3,323 rushes/receptions.
OJ Simpson had 62 fumbles with 2,622 rushes/receptions.
Barry Sanders had 42 fumbles with 3,526 rushes/receptions.
Marcus Allen had 72 fumbles with 3,929 rushes/receptions.
LaDainian Tomlinson had 32 fumbles with 3,954 rushes/receptions.
Emmitt Smith had 65 fumbles with 5,319 rushes/receptions.
Walter Payton had 90 fumbles with 4,532 rushes/receptions.
Priest Holmes had 17 fumbles with 2,167 rushes/receptions.

Not making any kind of point with this I was just curious how other great RBs were at ball security. McCoy has 2 costly fumbles lost so far in our first 8 games so hopefully that ends now. I assumed maybe he had a higher fumbling rate than other backs due to how he carries the ball. But that doesn't seem to be the case really.
Thanks for posting that. I knew a couple of those stats, but was loathe to look them up and 'copy/paste' all of them here. You're a trooper.

Sweetness really surprises me. At about the same number of snaps, Walter would've had almost twice as many fumbles. Crazy.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up