ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 206 of 386
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256306 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Bowser 07:07 PM 04-22-2019
https://imgur.com/gallery/x0lqU0O

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:09 PM 04-22-2019
I'M REALLY GOING TO MISS THIS SHOW
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:27 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
https://imgur.com/gallery/x0lqU0O

:-)
Freddie Lounds at the end got me.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:33 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I'll get smushed for this, no doubt ... so apologies in advance ...

But, I thought that was the worst episode yet. To me, it came across like an episode from a medieval soap opera on CBS. What I saw was a series of obligatory encounters and reunions and conversations capped off with the classic, "We're going to die and I've never had sex, so let's do this thing."

I realize that the writers and producers are trying to wrap everything up and give the fans what they believe they want, but this could have been written by a freshman creative writing student, IMHO.

To me, it's never been more obvious that the writers are lost without the source material and their true colors are now showing. My takeaway was "predictable" and "trite".

It hurts my soul that this is what they're delivering. Even worse, it's painful to recognize that they can get away with it because the fans are so invested in the characters.

FAX THE DISAPPOINTED

Have to agree for the most part FAX. When they had the book to guide them they were killing it but ever since the material for the book ran out it seems like they just can't tell a good story. I guess I don't even know who the writers are. Have they written anything else of value?
[Reply]
Frazod 07:34 PM 04-22-2019
I really don't get how anybody didn't like that last episode. But to each their own, I guess. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:37 PM 04-22-2019
GoT knows how to promote the girl power without coming across as in your face about it. Take note Marvel.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:11 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
GoT knows how to promote the girl power without coming across as in your face about it. Take note Marvel.
Huh.

You know what? You’re right. There is some hellacious girl power narratives that you could read into the story. But it doesn’t even come up because the story is good.
[Reply]
notorious 08:25 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Huh.

You know what? You’re right. There is some hellacious girl power narratives that you could read into the story. But it doesn’t even come up because the story is good.
The difference: The women earned our respect on GOT.

They have bled, they have grown. Women in GOT have fought for every last inch.

In Star Wars they just shove it in your face without trying to build respect.

The funny thing is it's the same formula for success in male characters, too. You need to see their vulnerability, watch them struggle, make mistakes, grow, then persevere. Nearly EVERY character in GOT has completed this arc.
[Reply]
FAX 08:26 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I really don't get how anybody didn't like that last episode. But to each their own, I guess. :-)
Speaking solely for myself, it probably has a lot to do with expectations, Mr. Frazod.

I've grown to expect a great deal from this show and, for the most part, they've delivered.

I suppose I'm also affected by the fact that there are now only 4 episodes left. As a result, I'd ideally like each of them to achieve the same level of contextual quality that compares favorably to the series' high points (of which there have been many).

It's all subjective, of course. And it's admittedly difficult to maintain a standard of excellence over this many seasons. The argument could also be made that many of these scenes were necessary in order to wrap things up, I suppose. Nonetheless, if I'm being honest, it seems that the writing has fallen off ... at least for me. GOT has been known for surprise and shock as opposed to predictability. In a nutshell, I think the predictability is what bothered me ...

FAX
[Reply]
Valiant 08:31 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'M REALLY GOING TO MISS THIS SHOW
Prequel series.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:39 PM 04-22-2019
it's an insult to call it "girl power"

it's just writing a good character

not a hamfisted device to promote feminazi ideals

we see dany getting practically RAPED in the first season before coming back later on to dominate her man by forcing him to let her ride him

that's how you build a character, not all this dumb shit we saw with rey and captain marvel

but oh noes we saw her tits...we have to completely de-sexualize our female characters or they have no worth
[Reply]
Frazod 08:40 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Speaking solely for myself, it probably has a lot to do with expectations, Mr. Frazod.

I've grown to expect a great deal from this show and, for the most part, they've delivered.

I suppose I'm also affected by the fact that there are now only 4 episodes left. As a result, I'd ideally like each of them to achieve the same level of contextual quality that compares favorably to the series' high points (of which there have been many).

It's all subjective, of course. And it's admittedly difficult to maintain a standard of excellence over this many seasons. The argument could also be made that many of these scenes were necessary in order to wrap things up, I suppose. Nonetheless, if I'm being honest, it seems that the writing has fallen off ... at least for me. GOT has been known for surprise and shock as opposed to predictability. In a nutshell, I think the predictability is what bothered me ...

FAX
I agree that the quality of the storytelling has taken a hit as they try to wrap things up too quickly. I just didn't get that feeling from last night's episode.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:51 PM 04-22-2019
Still haven't had Lyanna Mormont bitch out Dany which would be a sorely missed opportunity.
[Reply]
FAX 08:55 PM 04-22-2019
Speaking of Lyanna ...

Does anybody think she'll get deaded by the froze zombies and come back as a froze person herself? I do.

In fact, I think several of the main characters may wind up becoming froze people.

FAX
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:59 PM 04-22-2019
I have it figured out, the Night King will raise the dead in the crypts but these are dead Starks who will turn on the NK and kill him. Then the living and dead Starks march to Kings Landing and gut that bitch Cersi. The end. :-)
[Reply]
Page 206 of 386
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256306 > Last »
Up