ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 301
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:49 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Emerson Hancock, the Georgia RHP who may be in line 1.1 in 2020compares favorably to Casey Mize, who was the Tigers 1.1 pick last year.

He’d be a tier ahead of guys like Singer and Lynch. Actual #1 starter potential, where those guys top out more as 2/3s.

Losing a ton of games this year while guys like Mondesi and Dozier and Duffy and Merrifield play well isn’t the end of the world to me.
Would you put him in the Stephen Strasburg tier? For some reason when he was in the draft it seemed like people acted like he'd be the reincarnate of Cy Young.

The Nationals really fucking lucked into sucking shit at the right time. 2009 they draft Strasburg and the very next year they get to draft basically the MLB draft prospect equivalent of LeBron James. Has there been a prospect that was even close to as hyped as either one of those guys (Strasburg,Harper)?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:54 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Would you put him in the Stephen Strasburg tier? For some reason when he was in the draft it seemed like people acted like he'd be the reincarnate of Cy Young.

The Nationals really fucking lucked into sucking shit at the right time. 2009 they draft Strasburg and the very next year they get to draft basically the MLB draft prospect equivalent of LeBron James. Has there been a prospect that was even close to as hyped as either one of those guys (Strasburg,Harper)?

His raw stuff isn’t as mind-blowing as Stras’ - Hancock sits 94-95 and can touch 97-98 - but he’s definitely got front of rotation potential.

There’s still time for him to jump further, though. He’s still got some projectability.

Reminds me a lot of Forrest Whitley.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:00 PM 06-02-2019
His raw stuff isn’t as mind-blowing as Stras’ - Hancock sits 94-95 and can touch 97-98 - but he’s definitely got front of rotation potential.

There’s still time for him to jump further, though. He’s still got some projectability.

Reminds me a lot of Forrest Whitley.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/ran...r-major-sports

What lucky fucks the Nationals were. Strasburg was the #9 most hyped draft prospect in the last 20 years and Harper was #2 only trailing LeBron. Way to fuck that up Washington. Nothing to show for it lol
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:15 PM 06-02-2019
Watching Marlins-Padres with Matt Strahm on the bump. Goddamn that trade is gonna haunt the Royals.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:26 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Watching Marlins-Padres with Matt Strahm on the bump. Goddamn that trade is gonna haunt the Royals.
Because Dayton Moore is a fucking idiot
[Reply]
Great Expectations 04:42 PM 06-02-2019
I think it is time for Dayton to go; I was one of the guys who thought Dayton had close to a lifetime contract after the World Series. The main issues I have with him is his desire for clubhouse guys and the biggest issue to me is his inability to hire coaches in our system to help the development of our hitters and starting pitchers. He obviously won’t be the guy to coach anybody up, but he obviously can’t find the right guys to do so.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:51 PM 06-02-2019
Emerson Hancock, the Georgia RHP who may be in line 1.1 in 2020compares favorably to Casey Mize, who was the Tigers 1.1 pick last year.

He’d be a tier ahead of guys like Singer and Lynch. Actual #1 starter potential, where those guys top out more as 2/3s.

Losing a ton of games this year while guys like Mondesi and Dozier and Duffy and Merrifield play well isn’t the end of the world to me.

My exact thoughts.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:54 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by AndChiefs:
I don’t see how we get #1 though. Baltimore and Miami are worse despite the royals challenging them for it now.

The Royals can do it.

[Reply]
gblowfish 05:04 PM 06-02-2019
1-6 roadie. These guys are hard to watch.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:47 PM 06-02-2019
Need to ship off Gordo, he's too good and is accounting for wins.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:00 PM 06-02-2019
I pimp Strahm and he has his worst start of the year. I blame the 28- minute bee delay.
[Reply]
tk13 07:59 PM 06-02-2019
Guess we'll find out soon enough if this is just posturing.

There are rumblings that the #Orioles will not be taking Adley Rutschman with the No. 1 overall pick. @JonathanMayo has the latest buzz: https://t.co/XauwrhSFgc pic.twitter.com/TptRFrnf1Z

— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) June 2, 2019

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:30 PM 06-02-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Guess we'll find out soon enough if this is just posturing.

The Royals are getting Witt or Rutschman. Either way I’m excited about the pick.

I really hope the Orioles don’t do something stupid and take Vaughn to save money for later picks (which won’t work for them). That would mean one of Rutschman or Witt gets to the White Sox.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:40 PM 06-02-2019
The Royals are getting Witt or Rutschman. Either way I’m excited about the pick.

I really hope the Orioles don’t do something stupid and take Vaughn to save money for later picks (which won’t work for them). That would mean one of Rutschman or Witt gets to the White Sox.
That would be really dumb for the Orioles.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:55 AM 06-03-2019
https://www.royalsreview.com/2019/6/...ick-j-j-bleday
With the second overall pick in the draft, the choice seems pretty clear for the Royals. The general consensus is that Oregon State catcher Adley Rutschman and Texas prep infielder Bobby Witt, Jr. are the two best players in this draft, and the Royals will select whichever one is available after the Orioles make their pick.

In the latest mock draft at Fangraphs, Eric Longenhagen and Kiley McDaniel write that the choice still seems to be Witt or Rutschman for the Royals, but they are keeping other options open.

The Royals have quietly done their due diligence on Vanderbilt RF J.J. Bleday, and insiders believe he’s the backup option at this pick if they opt to go college late like they did last year.

Carlos Collazo

@CarlosACollazo
I haven't heard much notable movement, mock-wise, so far this morning, but every single person I talk with thinks this draft is going to get weird sooner than later. Though that does seem to be a consistent theme for most drafts.

10:24 AM - Jun 3, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Carlos Collazo's other Tweets
In case the Royals go through with this unlikely scenario, who is J.J. Bleday?

Bleday grew up in Titusville, Pennsylvania, about two and a half hours east of Cleveland, Ohio before transferring to A. Crawford Mosley High School in Panama City, Florida for his junior and senior seasons. After earning All-State honors, he was selected in the 39th round by the Padres, but opted instead to sign with college baseball powerhouse Vanderbilt.

Bleday was the best hitter for the Commodores in his sophomore season in 2018, batting .368/.494/.511, with four home runs in 133 at-bats, missing time with an oblique injury. He went to the prestigious Cape Cod League that summer and excelled with a wood bat, hitting .311/.374/.500 with five home run in 36 games.

He returned to Vanderbilt for his junior season with much increased power, slamming 26 home runs in 62 games, leading the nation in dingers and hitting .353/.467/.739. He shows a patient eye, drawing 52 walks to 51 strikeouts. His performance this spring has given him helium, and he has risen up draft boards from a potential late-round pick to a likely top-six pick. Baseball America ranks him sixth, while MLB Pipeline and Fangraphs rank him fifth in this draft.

Standing 6’3’’, Bleday has a “quick left-handed swing, controls the strike zone well and hammers line drives to all fields”, according to MLB Pipeline. He models his swing after Christian Yelich, although it has been described as “a bit unorthodox”. Baseball America grades him as having a 60-hit tool with 60-power, while Fangraphs has him at 55 with the hit tool, and 55 for game power, with 60 for raw power.

Baseball America writes Bleday “moves well and could handle center field in a pinch, but he profiles best as a corner outfielder.” Bleday pitched in high school, and has a “plus arm that fits well in right field” according to MLB Pipeline. Bleday is a below-average runner, but has good instincts in the field.

Bleday has been strongly linked to the Marlins with the fourth pick, but the Royals will have a chance to grab him before that if they like his power potential. There are rumors that Bleday could even be in play with the Orioles at #1 in an attempt to go underslot to re-allocate bonus pool money elsewhere in the draft. Bleday does have some very intriguing power, and unlike Cal first baseman Andrew Vaughn, could have more positional value as a right-fielder.

As talented as he is however, he seems to be a clear tier below the top shelf holding Rutschman and Witt. The Royals should be keeping all options open, but they will most likely be passing on Bleday on draft night.
[Reply]
Page 120 of 301
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up