ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 301
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:02 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Good to know you feel the need to white knight a ****ing moron.
I'm certainly not doing that; I simply found your sentence structure here amusing.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:18 PM 05-29-2019
How much longer does the excuse that you don't actually know how mentally deficient you are have an application until it becomes a threat to public safety?
He has been consistent with his Dayton Moore hate since 2008.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:43 PM 05-29-2019
Moore’s drafting has to improve (he has been about MLB average over the past several years. That’s not good enough for a small market). I was confident it was on the upswing entering the year. The struggles of Pratto and Melendez at Wilmington are troubling.

Finding Kyle Isbel, Nicky Lopez, and Khalil Lee types in later rounds helps, but they need to hit at a better-than-average rate on the big acquisitions.

I sure wonder if they have the right people at A and A+ working with the hitters on development of their tools.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:47 PM 05-29-2019
Lot of chatter several places the last 24 hours that Orioles may be leaning Witt over Adley. I’m wondering if it’s just media gossip or something to it?

I’m also wondering if the Royals would ultimately be better off if the O’s did take Witt Jr. and left them the choice of Adley or Vaughn?

Duncan, you hear anything about any of this and any legitimacy to it?? Just curious.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:08 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Lot of chatter several places the last 24 hours that Orioles may be leaning Witt over Adley. I’m wondering if it’s just media gossip or something to it?

I’m also wondering if the Royals would ultimately be better off if the O’s did take Witt Jr. and left them the choice of Adley or Vaughn?

Duncan, you hear anything about any of this and any legitimacy to it?? Just curious.

Nothing official. I’ve seen some chatter about the O’s looking at Witt or Vaughn but nothing concrete.

The Os May be overthinking and trying to save slot money at 1. That works great in deep drafts when you have a huge draft pool, but the DBacks have a bigger pool and at least 3, maybe 4 picks before the O’s pick again.

I’m good with Witt or Rutschman. Don’t be surprised if the Royals pass on Rutschman to take Witt if that option presents itself.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:10 PM 05-29-2019
I'm a bit worried we don't have the coaching to develop Witt to his potential. Eh, hope I'm wrong.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:18 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Royals have been incredibly disappointing this season. They're just brutal to watch.
Hot take alert ^^^^
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:20 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'm a bit worried we don't have the coaching to develop Witt to his potential. Eh, hope I'm wrong.

That’s the concern for any team that takes one of these young, toolsy guys.

Sometimes guys just don’t develop.

Are the Twins bad at development because Buxton and Sano have been less than expected?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:23 PM 05-29-2019
My friend who does scouting and video work made an interesting comparison last week that I think is a good way to approach baseball prospects:

Developing baseball players is as hard as developing a QB in the NFL. Many have the needed physical abilities to be good/great, but even good coaching doesn’t always unlock their potential.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:25 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That’s the concern for any team that takes one of these young, toolsy guys.

Sometimes guys just don’t develop.

Are the Twins bad at development because Buxton and Sano have been less than expected?
It's definitely always a concern. I think my concerned is magnified a bit when considering our hitters recent struggles in the minors. In light of those concerns, I think I'd feel a bit more comfortable taking someone who was more polished out of the gate.

Witt's potential is very exciting. I think if we really want that blue chip "franchise player", it will require a risk like this in order to make it happen - but I'm still a bit worried in light of the struggles our prospects are having in the lower tiers of our system. At the end of the day, I'm a massive fan no matter who they select. We just really need to "hit" on the first picks of the next two drafts if we're going to be able to pull off rebuild 2.0.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 02:52 PM 05-29-2019
Does Witt have the type of support around him to help him be successful if he goes to a team with less than adequate coaches in the minors?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:17 PM 05-29-2019
I guess the good news is there are two potential all around superstars, one a little more polished than the other (college vs. HS) and an ELITE bat that will rake in the majors (Vaughn) and the Royals will get at least one of those three.

So be thankful we got at least a Top 3 pick this year.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 03:45 PM 05-29-2019
Sparkman getting the start tonight. Maybe J Lopez to the pen.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:12 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
Sparkman getting the start tonight. Maybe J Lopez to the pen.
No maybe. And likely permanent.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:28 PM 05-29-2019
If you were quantifying "bust probability" in a simple percentage: what is Witt's % and what's Rutschmann's?
JFC:-)
[Reply]
Page 111 of 301
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up