ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 268
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
007 04:11 PM 08-02-2017
I guess I don't understand why they feel the need to go with different directors for each movie. Was it just not possible for them to secure one for the last two movies? personally, I'd prefer to see one director for all three but JJ always does this shit where he directs one movie or episode and hands it off to somebody else.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:20 PM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
I guess I don't understand why they feel the need to go with different directors for each movie. Was it just not possible for them to secure one for the last two movies? personally, I'd prefer to see one director for all three but JJ always does this shit where he directs one movie or episode and hands it off to somebody else.
KK initially hired Rian Johnson to script and direct VIII and IX but it was too big of an undertaking.

The OT had three different directors.

I'm glad that Abrams isn't back.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:24 PM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I have no doubt there are tons of spoiler sites/articles for Ep. VIII out there, but it seems like they've done a pretty good job keeping major spoilers out in the open for the general public to see. And I'm perfectly happy with that.
All of the legit spoilers from a specific website has been absolutely dead on with everything, including artwork that was released before the merch and other essential parts of the story.

I think the secrecy is pretty silly. I'd rather know the plot so that I can sit back, relax and enjoy the movie instead of having to process the story while watching the film.

That's what made Rogue One so enjoyable for me. I knew the basic premise and of course, the outcome, so I could sit back and take it all in on the first viewing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:22 AM 08-03-2017
also good

[Reply]
Bowser 07:00 PM 08-03-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
All of the legit spoilers from a specific website has been absolutely dead on with everything, including artwork that was released before the merch and other essential parts of the story.

I think the secrecy is pretty silly. I'd rather know the plot so that I can sit back, relax and enjoy the movie instead of having to process the story while watching the film.

That's what made Rogue One so enjoyable for me. I knew the basic premise and of course, the outcome, so I could sit back and take it all in on the first viewing.
I follow and see where you're coming from, and don't think it's a bad way to go about it. I guess I still enjoy the "OH SHIT" moments, especially from Star Wars. I got spoiled on Kylo running Han through with his lightsaber literally a day or two from me seeing it the first time and was mad. as. fuck. Maybe that is why I'm doing everything I can to avoid serious spoilers for VIII.

Plus, I will certainly see it more than once in the theater, so viewings two and on I can sit and analyze, but the first time is for the little kid I used to be so he can be awestruck and full of wonder again. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 07:02 PM 08-03-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
also good

I think I like the first one better, but you have to get Snoke in there somehow. Maybe he'll play a way bigger role in this film, hence why he commands the poster.

And still no Benecio Del Toro.....
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:20 PM 08-03-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I don't care about the spoilers or not, but it ain't Shakespeare. There's not a lot to wade through to glean the nuggets of truth from the SWU films.

I say that, mostly to give you shit, because I know you are well intelligent enough to walk into a Star Wars film cold and be perfectly capable of "getting it".

I rather enjoy hearing some of the spoilers... to a point. Like if the spoiler is the ending of the 6th Sense level, for example, I don't want that spoiling the entire setup. That robs the entire premise of the story and the build up to the reveal.
Otherwise, I'm cool with getting leaks about potential plot points.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:35 PM 08-04-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
I don't care about the spoilers or not, but it ain't Shakespeare. There's not a lot to wade through to glean the nuggets of truth from the SWU films.

I say that, mostly to give you shit, because I know you are well intelligent enough to walk into a Star Wars film cold and be perfectly capable of "getting it".

I rather enjoy hearing some of the spoilers... to a point. Like if the spoiler is the ending of the 6th Sense level, for example, I don't want that spoiling the entire setup. That robs the entire premise of the story and the build up to the reveal.
Otherwise, I'm cool with getting leaks about potential plot points.
Other than the original Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens was the only SW movie in which I was completely spoiler free and my least favorite of all of the SW films.

As I mentioned in another thread, I read The Empire Strikes Back novel two months before the film was released, as well as ROTJ, and the experience was much better, for me, as opposed to going in blind.

My expectations were set too high for TFA but if I had been spoiled, I think it would have been easier to enjoy.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:01 PM 08-04-2017
I think I like the first one better, but you have to get Snoke in there somehow. Maybe he'll play a way bigger role in this film, hence why he commands the poster.

And still no Benecio Del Toro.....
Is that red saber meant to somewhat look like rey is holding it?
[Reply]
noa 03:11 PM 08-04-2017
I may be in the minority, but I was very underwhelmed by Jurassic World and wouldn't mind at all of Trevorrow were removed. And that's not even factoring in Book of Henry.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:17 PM 08-05-2017

This is happening. #StarWarsRebels #OldCaptainRex pic.twitter.com/CH2Pax7pIc

— Steven Melching (@stevenmelching) August 5, 2017

[Reply]
Bowser 05:18 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by noa:
I may be in the minority, but I was very underwhelmed by Jurassic World and wouldn't mind at all of Trevorrow were removed. And that's not even factoring in Book of Henry.
Seconded
[Reply]
Bowser 05:23 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

A reply down that thread -
Attached: DGgIMg-XkAUKW1E.jpg (79.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Bowser 07:18 PM 08-05-2017
Any guess on when the next trailer is going to drop?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:01 PM 08-05-2017
Any guess on when the next trailer is going to drop?
Last I heard, September
[Reply]
Page 60 of 268
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up