ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>A New Season of Arrested Development?!
Tribal Warfare 11:38 PM 10-08-2011
Netflix And Showtime Eye Potential New ‘Arrested Development’ Limited Series
Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurtwitz dropped another bombshell today, telling a panel at The New Yorker Festival that he plans to bring the Emmy-winning series back to television for a limited 9-10 episode run before proceeding with the long-gestating Arrested Development movie. He didn’t specify where the potential series would air as it doesn’t necessarily have to run on Fox, which carried the mothership series. I hear that 20th Century Fox TV, which co-produced Arrested Development with Imagine TV, has had talks with Netflix, which has been on the hunt for original programming, and Showtime, whose new entertainment president David Nevins shepherded Arrested Development when he ran Imagine TV and served as an executive producer on the cult series. 20th TV declined comment.

According to attendees at the panel, where Hurwitz was joined by series stars Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Michael Cera, Tony Hale, Jeffrey Tambor, David Cross, Alia Shawkat and Jessica Walter, Hurwitz laid out his plan to have each installment focus on a different member of the Bluth clan. Bateman later weighed in on the announcement on Twitter. “It’s true,” he wrote. “We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early ’13. VERY excited!” That would mean launching the follow-up limited series on the 10th anniversary of the original, which premiered in 2003 and ran on Fox for 3 seasons.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:38 AM 01-11-2013
Hope they bring back the cornballer
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:38 AM 01-11-2013
CHICKENS DON'T CLAP!!!!
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:21 AM 01-11-2013
I know that Michael (Bateman) will be the only regular who appears in all 14 episodes. This is also supposed to lead up to a feature length film.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 03:51 PM 01-11-2013
DIFFERENT!
[Reply]
Ebolapox 03:51 PM 01-11-2013
mister F
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 03:04 AM 01-12-2013
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I have pop pop in the attic.
How many times do I have to tell this kid chicken wings?!
[Reply]
Setsuna 05:17 PM 01-13-2013
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
How many times do I have to tell this kid chicken wings?!
GM is just so awesome. As for Maeby...I'd PIIHB.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:51 PM 01-13-2013
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
GM is just so awesome. As for Maeby...I'd PIIHB.

[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:38 AM 01-14-2013
For British eyes only.

i dont care what ppl say...she's the hottest retard on the planet :-)
[Reply]
Setsuna 04:35 PM 01-14-2013
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
:-):-):-):-):-):-) :-):-):-)

Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
For British eyes only.

i dont care what ppl say...she's the hottest retard on the planet :-)
This is true. I'd wear my clothes inside out any day of the week.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:51 AM 05-13-2013

[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:21 PM 05-21-2013
A couple of interesting things in here.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...ign=newsletter
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:57 PM 05-24-2013
How did this show fail? I began watching religiously about 3/4 of the way through season 1. It took one episode to hook me. Later, I recall setting up my VCR (yes, vcd) to record the final 4-6 episodes of season 3, which were buried opposite the Olympic Opening Ceremonies.

I mean, WTF?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:35 PM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How did this show fail? I began watching religiously about 3/4 of the way through season 1. It took one episode to hook me. Later, I recall setting up my VCR (yes, vcd) to record the final 4-6 episodes of season 3, which were buried opposite the Olympic Opening Ceremonies.

I mean, WTF?
It wasn't 'turn off your brain' entertainment.

The jokes are densely packed and not always obvious. And you're not getting [whether 'getting' as understanding, or as even observing] the jokes, it's a disjointed mess.

Also, the original aired pre- the days of internet chatting, GIFing up, and social media, all of which would serve as an outlet for water cooler talk taken worldwide, or where the jokes some might have missed are explained.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:13 PM 05-24-2013
Buster is so awesome.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up