ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3276 of 3903
« First < 2276277631763226326632723273327432753276 32773278327932803286332633763776 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If it wasn't for science our life expentancy would be in the 30s not the 70s
Science also produced thalidomide babies. It isn't black and white.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:59 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Science also produced thalidomide babies. It isn't black and white.
well aware, but if we count wins and losses science would still get bye week , as humans for some reason we remember the losses more than the wins if you follow the GDT you know what I mean.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:01 PM 12-09-2020
I saw the J&J vaccine mentioned. The last I saw, and this was a couple of weeks ago, they didn't have a lot of luck with a single dose vaccine and were moving to test a two dose vaccine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:02 PM 12-09-2020
well aware, but if we count wins and losses science would still get bye week.
I have no problem playing probabilities when it comes to football games. Football games aren't life.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:03 PM 12-09-2020
well aware, but if we count wins and losses science would still get bye week.as Chiefs fans for some reason we remember the losses more.
Or put it this way, you're talking about putting money on a team before week 1 when they're 0-0 and all we have is their preseason hype.

I'm more inclined to put money on someone in week 6 after they've won a few games first.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:05 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This points out that no research is going to be perfect due to self-selection. I bet that people with significant allergy issues probably tend to not volunteer for trials, so you can't predict that type of problem until it hits the general population.
And WTF are they doing giving it to someone with an allergic reaction history on day 1?
[Reply]
O.city 01:09 PM 12-09-2020
I have no problem playing probabilities when it comes to football games. Football games aren't life.
Probabilities about the virus itself and all have been thrown around in here the whole time.

Yet now with a vaccine we want it all broken down to the individual level.

I’m not sure why
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:12 PM 12-09-2020
well aware, but if we count wins and losses science would still get bye week , as humans for some reason we remember the losses more than the wins if you follow the GDT you know what I mean.
"C'mon, Jonas Salk! What are you doing out there? Concentrate on the new iron lung technology instead!"
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:13 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Probabilities about the virus itself and all have been thrown around in here the whole time.

Yet now with a vaccine we want it all broken down to the individual level.

I’m not sure why
Well to be fair, it's never really been about percentages to me. It's about impact on individuals lives, whether we're talking about me or someone else and whether we're talking about vaccines, viruses, or economic consequences of shut downs.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:14 PM 12-09-2020
Or put it this way, you're talking about putting money on a team before week 1 when they're 0-0 and all we have is their preseason hype.

I'm more inclined to put money on someone in week 6 after they've won a few games first.

in the History of vaccines vs viruses I would always bet on vaccines to have less detrimental effects on its subjects than viruses.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:15 PM 12-09-2020
Pennsylvania Real-Time News
UPMC won’t require employees to get COVID-19 vaccine

UPMC requires its health care employees to receive the flu vaccine. But it won’t make them get the COVID-19 vaccine, which UPMC expects to begin offering to employees as soon as this month.

One reason is general uncertainty about the COVID-19 vaccine -- the first of several in the pipeline could receive emergency approval from the U.S. government this month, possibly within days.

Dr. Graham Snyder, UPMC’s medical director of infection prevention and hospital epidemiology, said UPMC’s mandatory flu vaccination policy “is based on decades of experience with the influenza vaccine.”

But there’s no comparable data for a COVID-19 vaccine, or on whether a mandate is the best way to get large numbers of people to become vaccinated, Snyder said on Tuesday.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/1...9-vaccine.html
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:16 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
When something is the biggest medical priority in the world, all other work gets put aside, and that lets things happen very quickly. That doesn't mean that they cut corners. The trial process was as robust as any previous trial processes. If it wasn't, we would have been rolling out vaccines in July.

Also, these vaccines haven't yet been approved for kids, for the record.
Okay let's put it this way. Based on my age group I have about less than .2% chance of dieing from covid. What do you think my chances are for having an adverse reaction to a brand new vaccine where we don't know all the side effects? What would be the best bet when it comes to my personal health?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 12-09-2020
in the History of vaccines vs viruses I would always bet on vaccines to have less detrimental effects on its subjects than viruses.
History, by definition, has the benefit of hindsight.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:25 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Okay let's put it this way. Based on my age group I have about less than .2% chance of dieing from covid. What do you think my chances are for having an adverse reaction to a brand new vaccine where we don't know all the side effects? What would be the best bet when it comes to my personal health?
40k people took the Pfizer vaccine and none had any severe issues. So based on the data we have, your chances of dying are higher without the vaccine than with, although the chances are obviously low in either situation.

But beyond that, I just don't know what it will take to convince people that we're all in this together. If you've enjoyed this year of mask requirements, shut downs, and limited capacity for everything, then avoiding the vaccine is in your best interest. However, if you'd like to actually be able to attend a Chiefs game next fall without wearing a mask and without having to have empty seats everywhere, high vaccination rates are necessary.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:26 PM 12-09-2020
I think they had 2 come out one earlier had issue second one was safer.
Hindsight I bet those people with complications wish they would have waited for the second safer vaccine.
[Reply]
Page 3276 of 3903
« First < 2276277631763226326632723273327432753276 32773278327932803286332633763776 > Last »
Up