ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 447 of 460
« First < 347397437443444445446447 448449450451457 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:54 PM 06-18-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Not with the putter in his hands. He doesn't read the breaks as well as a lot of tour pros. Makes me wonder how hard he works on his game. Many of his puts that I have seen this year a good amount he just totally misreads the line. Not push or pulls just misreads.
His putting has always been the weakness in his game but I find it gets even worse in the big ones. That’s now two Sundays in a row as a favorite in a major he’s played nearly flawless tee to green only to be let down completely by that club.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:54 PM 06-18-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Maybe needs Wyndam Clarks caddy...
So you don’t want caddies reading greens anymore? Only giving yardages.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:51 PM 06-18-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
So you don’t want caddies reading greens anymore? Only giving yardages.
I dont want ANY caddies.
[Reply]
scho63 12:11 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I dont want ANY caddies.
Playing golf with a caddie is the BEST. :-)

You can walk and relax and not be either waiting every shot in your golf cart and get great exercise. It makes me loose and hit better shots.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:19 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:

You can walk and relax and not be either waiting every shot in your golf cart and get great exercise. It makes me loose and hit better shots.
It is but I don’t like it is because the sole reason I am not a scratch golfer is because I'm a horrible putter for my handicap. I putt like a 13 handy and hit like a +1. So Im a 3. If I had a caddy to tell me what line and speed it would help shitheads like me immensely and I just don't think it's fair.
[Reply]
philfree 12:31 AM 06-19-2023
I've never played with a caddie. Some of the best golf I played was when I rented the cart with a buddy but I walked while he drove. He didn't mind so it worked out great. Together we played great.
[Reply]
philfree 12:42 AM 06-19-2023
I've never played with a caddie. Some of the best golf I played was when I rented the cart with a buddy but I walked while he drove. He didn't mind so it worked out great. Together we played great.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:01 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:

I've played golf with a caddie twice in my lifetime. Great experience.
Of course all of their suggestions, after seeing my golf game were like "You might try to hit your shot here" Or you might want to hit your shot here

Not, hit your shot here......
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:15 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
I've played golf with a caddie twice in my lifetime. Great experience.
Of course all of their suggestions, after seeing my golf game were like "You might try to hit your shot here" Or you might want to hit your shot here

Not, hit your shot here......
Caddie Golf is great. A good caddie goes to the range with you and watches you hit the ball. I remember playing in Ireland and I pull out my driver on the 380 yard Par 4 1st hole. My Caddie says, "put the big stick back in the bag. Your full fade won't look good on this hole". He pulls out my 4 iron and tells me to give it a full swing. Sure enough, 210 middle of the fairway, 7 iron into the downhill green and 2 putts for par. He had my full attention from there :-)
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:19 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Caddie Golf is great. A good caddie goes to the range with you and watches you hit the ball. I remember playing in Ireland and I pull out my driver on the 380 yard Par 4 1st hole. My Caddie says, "put the big stick back in the bag. Your full fade won't look good on this hole". He pulls out my 4 iron and tells me to give it a full swing. Sure enough, 210 middle of the fairway, 7 iron into the downhill green and 2 putts for par. He had my full attention from there :-)
Agreed. I went to line up a putt once and the caddie was shaking his head..:-)

Tells me you want to put about 6 ft further right and I was like :-) Wasn't reading that break at all.

Sure enough, caddie was on the money. I didn't make the putt , but I didn't look like a compete idiot..on that shot anyway...
[Reply]
O.city 08:17 AM 06-19-2023
Great putt. And Rory officially finds a way to lose another major where he was the clear best player on the week.
That's golf.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:37 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's golf.
It’s been golf for a decade for Rory now, that’s for sure. At some point you have to actually win and not just hit nice drives and flush iron shots when it doesn’t matter.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:59 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
"Full fade" :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 AM 06-19-2023
It’s been golf for a decade for Rory now, that’s for sure. At some point you have to actually win and not just hit nice drives and flush iron shots when it doesn’t matter.
Sure.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:06 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure.
So winning doesn't matter. My guess is that Rory himself doesn't think that way.
[Reply]
Page 447 of 460
« First < 347397437443444445446447 448449450451457 > Last »
Up