ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 337 of 460
« First < 237287327333334335336337 338339340341347387437 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:06 PM 06-19-2016
Dustin Johnson's wife > Dustin Johnson
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:08 PM 06-19-2016
Oh hell I just remembered -- that's Paulina Gretzky
[Reply]
O.city 06:08 PM 06-19-2016
Hamas, I thought grounding the putter and the ball moving was a penalty, but Fay seemed to insinuate that's not the rule. I'll have to break out the rule book later.

I'd dj could put and stop doing coke, he'd be the best player on tour
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:24 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hamas, I thought grounding the putter and the ball moving was a penalty, but Fay seemed to insinuate that's not the rule. I'll have to break out the rule book later.

I'd dj could put and stop doing coke, he'd be the best player on tour
If you address the ball, ground the club and the ball moves on a windless day then I was under the impression that you are the agency that caused the ball to move, you have to replace the ball, and are assessed a one shot penalty.

In fact, Nicklaus never grounded the club behind any shot so that he wouldn't be assessed such a penalty.

Johnson certainly has the most athletic ability, but having a coke problem, a hooker of a wife (that dress, lol), being dumb as fuck and having his dipshit brother on the bag certainly doesn't help.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:41 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'd have to look at the replay again, but if he grounded his club behind the ball, then took a practice stroke at the ball moved, then he should be penalized according to rule.

However, I would say that it's karma for the bullshit he pulled off on 10. He claimed line of sight relief and ended up with a perfect lie when he was deep in the rough when he obviously didn't need it, because he flew the ball right over the tower.

If he ends up getting penalized, it will have been deserved, because hitting that shot on 10 after that ruling was a cheesedick move.

Also:

The USGA asked Dustin Johnson what else could have caused his ball to move on the 5th green. Johnson did not give an answer to that which is why after his round, the USGA will take DJ to watch the video and decide if he gets a one shot penalty.
What Johnson did was perfectly within the rules and his rights. May be a stupid rules but he would be an idiot not to use it in that situation.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06-19-2016, 06:43 PM
This message has been deleted by Hoopsdoc.
O.city 09:25 PM 06-19-2016
If you address the ball, ground the club and the ball moves on a windless day then I was under the impression that you are the agency that caused the ball to move, you have to replace the ball, and are assessed a one shot penalty.

In fact, Nicklaus never grounded the club behind any shot so that he wouldn't be assessed such a penalty.

Johnson certainly has the most athletic ability, but having a coke problem, a hooker of a wife (that dress, lol), being dumb as **** and having his dipshit brother on the bag certainly doesn't help.
I don't see anyway they can figure he caused the ball to move there. He didn't sole the putter, didn't hit it with a practice putt, etc.

They deemed him close enough to have an influence of the golfball. I don't see how he could have caused it to move the way it did.

Dude is a ball striking machine though. I'm glad he won it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:25 PM 06-19-2016
Crappy last day. Lotta bad golf and needless controversy. But unlike so many outcomes in sports, the right guy won.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:31 PM 06-19-2016
I don't see anyway they can figure he caused the ball to move there. He didn't sole the putter, didn't hit it with a practice putt, etc.

They deemed him close enough to have an influence of the golfball. I don't see how he could have caused it to move the way it did.

Dude is a ball striking machine though. I'm glad he won it.
The counterargument is "What else would cause it to move?" There was no wind out there and he's taking a practice stroke a millimeter from the ball and soling his club not behind the ball but adjacent to it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 PM 06-19-2016
The counterargument is "What else would cause it to move?" There was no wind out there and he's taking a practice stroke a millimeter from the ball and soling his club not behind the ball but adjacent to it.
They're also playing on greens that were rolling about 13, probably 13.5.

Our greens are currently at 11.4 and it's pretty ridiculous how fast that is, I can't really imagine putting greens that fast. It's not gonna take much to move it.

In my years of playing, watching, etc I've never seen that counterargument cause a ball to move. So, I guess, yeah, he may have caused it to move with that. But if so, to me, that means you probably don't need to have greens at that speed.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:43 PM 06-19-2016
They're also playing on greens that were rolling about 13, probably 13.5.

Our greens are currently at 11.4 and it's pretty ridiculous how fast that is, I can't really imagine putting greens that fast. It's not gonna take much to move it.

In my years of playing, watching, etc I've never seen that counterargument cause a ball to move. So, I guess, yeah, he may have caused it to move with that. But if so, to me, that means you probably don't need to have greens at that speed.
The greens are too fast. You can get the turf harder while keeping the speed manageable by letting the grass grow out. Way too many long to mid irons were stopping on impact when they should require pros to run some of those shots up.

That's one of the things I hate about Mike Davis Open setups. The pros can play target golf too often.
[Reply]
hawkchief 08:27 AM 06-20-2016
The greens are too fast. You can get the turf harder while keeping the speed manageable by letting the grass grow out. Way too many long to mid irons were stopping on impact when they should require pros to run some of those shots up.

That's one of the things I hate about Mike Davis Open setups. The pros can play target golf too often.
For that matter, I'm tired of the US Open being about people like Mike Davis and their dastardly setup of a golf course. Joke.

The ball moving in the green rule should be treated like when you accidentally knock your ball off the peg on the tee - replace it with no penalty and move on. No on is gaining any advantage in the green if their ball moves a half millimeter anyway. There's only an issueless if it happens in the rough or fairway. Period.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 06-20-2016
I get with current technology you've gotta make it tougher and think outside the box. But damn
[Reply]
philfree 09:35 AM 06-20-2016
It rained a bunch.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:52 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by philfree:
It rained a bunch.
It hasn't just been at Oakmont.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:54 AM 06-20-2016
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
For that matter, I'm tired of the US Open being about people like Mike Davis and their dastardly setup of a golf course. Joke.

The ball moving in the green rule should be treated like when you accidentally knock your ball off the peg on the tee - replace it with no penalty and move on. No on is gaining any advantage in the green if their ball moves a half millimeter anyway. There's only an issueless if it happens in the rough or fairway. Period.
When you knock the ball off the tee it isn't yet in play, but I do agree that the rule should be changed for the green only
[Reply]
Page 337 of 460
« First < 237287327333334335336337 338339340341347387437 > Last »
Up