ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 153
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:04 PM 12-18-2020
I've texted with or spoken to more than a dozen men today, age 43-57, and every last one shed a tear.

I don't know if there's ever been this kind of male-bonding moment due to a Television/Cinematic experience, at least in my lifetime.

Kevin Smith even posted his red, teary eyes on Twitter.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:09 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So KK is still around right? I don’t remember seeing news of her exit.

I’m glad they have it figured out. But the expense on 7-9 is a real travesty. They could have taken that so many directions. Positive directions. But NOPE.

I’ve stood up for TLJ. I got what RJ was trying to get across. But from
The perspective of THIS being possible, it looks bad. Maybe I can say it hasn’t aged well. IDK.
Yeah, she's still in charge. And sure, I get what RJ was trying to do but JJ killed the Golden Goose, although KK should never have allowed that script to go into production.

Michael Arndt, who wrote Toy Story 3 and other acclaimed films, had it right because his script featured Luke, Leia and Han, only to have "Kira" appear in Act 3.

That's what we wanted to see. Not crappy imitations in the forms of Poe, Finn and Rey.

Alas, what could have been...
[Reply]
007 08:25 PM 12-18-2020
Beautiful
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:28 PM 12-18-2020
I just want to say....I would Gina Carano. The whole thing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:56 PM 12-18-2020

Okay but I still love Moff Gideon #TheMandolorian pic.twitter.com/4EE449ysC8

— S.W. Sondheimer BA,BSN,RN,CSPI,MTS (@SWSondheimer) December 19, 2020

[Reply]
notorious 08:57 PM 12-18-2020
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:58 PM 12-18-2020
Oh and whoever did the music during the Dark Troopers scene? Fucking epic.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:09 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Oh and whoever did the music during the Dark Troopers scene? Fucking epic.
It's Ludwig Göransson. He's scored both seasons of The Mandalorian and he scored Marvel's Black Panther, in which he created the Wakanda Theme and the Black Panther theme.

I recently did a "Spotlight" interview and one of the questions was "Who are your favorite composers?".

While I listed John Williams and others, I also mentioned that Ludwig is my favorite composer working today because he's breaking new ground with a Synthesizer/Sound Design/Orchestral Hybrid type of scoring that IMO, is absolutely amazing and astonishingly refreshing.

The dude is literally a genius composer.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:13 PM 12-18-2020
Oh and whoever did the music during the Dark Troopers scene? ****ing epic.
Posted a couple of pages back on how he came up with the Mando score. Can’t embed right now.

https://youtu.be/aQIcZbzr9Wk
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:13 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's Ludwig Göransson. He's scored both seasons of The Mandalorian and he scored Marvel's Black Panther, in which he created the Wakanda Theme and the Black Panther theme.

I recently did a "Spotlight" interview and one of the questions was "Who are your favorite composers?".

While I listed John Williams and others, I also mentioned that Ludwig is my favorite composer working today because he's breaking new ground with a Synthesizer/Sound Design/Orchestral Hybrid type of scoring that IMO, is absolutely amazing and astonishingly refreshing.

Thanks man. I’m a fucking fan of his work now.
[Reply]
notorious 09:14 PM 12-18-2020

It certainly set the tone.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:15 PM 12-18-2020
Thanks man. I’m a fucking fan of his work now.
He's freaking awesome. I mean, that Wakanda theme, to me, is just ridiculously awesome.

Just thinking about it gives me chills. It's just so perfect, as is his work on The Mandalorian.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:17 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I admit, I cried when I saw the big reveal.

Bravo, F&F. You made me care about Star Wars again.

We're not worthy #TheMandolorian pic.twitter.com/tKpBPxBdPK

— Jason Bryant (@jasbryant) December 19, 2020

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:24 PM 12-18-2020

When I first started watching the show, I wasn’t too sure about it. I was like “this doesn’t sound like Star Wars”

But it’s slowly grown on me. I like it alot now.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:26 PM 12-18-2020
Spoiler!

LIKE A BOSS!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 93 of 153
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Up