ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 31
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA Survey: Clark rated with an F-
dirk digler 10:33 AM 02-28-2024
I don't get this.

The @NFLPA just released their player team report cards for 2024 and the results are ... suboptimal for the Chiefs.

Head coach Andy Reid gets A+ but Chiefs rank dead last in training staff and ownership. Ownership gets an F- from the players. pic.twitter.com/2XyHkQfFru

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) February 28, 2024

[Reply]
srvy 06:58 PM 02-28-2024
I would guess the NFL has standards for training facilities locker rooms practice facilities treatment travel training table accommodations etc. I would guess teams must meet those expectations. If you want extras nothing says you can't start a GoFundMe!
[Reply]
Stewie 07:02 PM 02-28-2024
So, fewer than 30% of players respond to this survey and it's gospel. Gotcha.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:06 PM 02-28-2024
It's not a good look at all, but I'm sure Clark gives zero fucks about how anybody other than Clark thinks he should spend his money.

[Reply]
BWillie 07:07 PM 02-28-2024
I can see why after this terrible Stadium renovation proposal
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:27 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We need more suffering in the NFL, not less.

The NFL was better when the players suffered more.
Would love to see pics from the Chiefs 70s-80s practice facility locker rooms. I bet they're hilarious. Man Redwood City was a joke.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:32 PM 02-28-2024
We need more suffering in the NFL, not less.

The NFL was better when the players suffered more.
I agree. Players are getting paid so much money they don't care about improving their craft and getting better at their job, it's happening in all the major sports.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:36 PM 02-28-2024
Love all things Fat Brooke writes about.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:52 PM 02-28-2024
F-:seems nuts. To get that on ownership players must have talked about it and felt very strong, because even if just a few gave it a C the average couldn't stay that low. Rarely see that on any survey because some people are positive enough to never rate that low
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:04 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's a somewhat misleading chart when you look at the x-axis scale. The salary cap makes it pretty tough to really spend much less than the average in the long run.
Good point, looks like the Chiefs are only about 8 percent below the average, and that can be a function of contract structure and where players are in the cycle.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:18 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
F-:seems nuts. To get that on ownership players must have talked about it and felt very strong, because even if just a few gave it a C the average couldn't stay that low. Rarely see that on any survey because some people are positive enough to never rate that low
How big of a chode do you have to be to get an F- from the players? It has to be more than just not making a new locker room.
[Reply]
-King- 08:24 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Stewie:
So, fewer than 30% of players respond to this survey and it's gospel. Gotcha.
Where did you get 30%? Dafaces link says ~75
[Reply]
-King- 08:26 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I agree. Players are getting paid so much money they don't care about improving their craft and getting better at their job, it's happening in all the major sports.
The chiefs have won 3 Superbowls in 5 years. Somehow I don't think your post applies to them.

Maybe reward them a little bit. This is essentially the workplace pizza party meme except they just replaced stools with chairs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:28 PM 02-28-2024
:-)

NFLPA is full of karens with dreads

That’s not true. Plus culture and amenities are VASTLY different concepts. If the money is even then it comes down to personal preference between: recent success, coaching staff, city, friends on the team. At no point does the quality of the locker room decide where a FA goes. https://t.co/fOQB854SoO

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) February 29, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:29 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
The rookies do.

More and more players checking out once they get that fat payday.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:32 PM 02-28-2024
The rookies do.

More and more players checking out once they get that fat payday.
Unless I was an elite NFL player, I'm not going to lie I would do that too. If I was a Mahomes or Kelce it would be a different story, you would have something to strive to. But if you are Ben fucking Nieman...what is the point? Your only goal is to stay in the league as long as possible if you are him.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 31
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up