ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3158 of 3903
« First < 2158265830583108314831543155315631573158 31593160316131623168320832583658 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 05:49 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I wear one all the time, but yeah wouldn't be surprising if tha piece of shit is not preventing much of anything
I just wish we weren't having the same fucking conversation we were 8 months ago. It's really getting old. If people want to wear a mask, great! If they don't, great! Just shut the fuck up about it already.
[Reply]
O.city 05:51 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think the politicians needed something to keep everyone busy. Instead of focusing on protecting the weak and frail, or making sure the sick stay home (that would cost $$$) they came up with put a piece of cloth on your face.
I’ve yet to hear how we’re supposed to protect the weak and frail when there is this much spread and infection
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:52 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Why are we as a nation so obsessed with masks?
Some of us are enamored with the ideal that there are simple solutions to every problem, no matter how complicated or enormous, if only we worked together.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:55 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’ve yet to hear how we’re supposed to protect the weak and frail when there is this much spread and infection
I am sure there is much more..

By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.

Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.

On October 4, 2020, this declaration was authored and signed in Great Barrington, United States, by:

https://gbdeclaration.org/
[Reply]
TLO 11-19-2020, 06:01 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: Masks
petegz28 06:05 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It seems like we are dancing around that and doing everything but, right?

The standard answer(s) to everything is wear masks and close bars\restaurants.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:06 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Some of us are enamored with the ideal that there are simple solutions to every problem, no matter how complicated or enormous, if only we worked together.
If you close the restaurants and bars then older people will live.
[Reply]
TLO 06:08 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Hey, I know!!! Instead of bars closing at midnight, what if we have them close at 10pm? That'll DEFINITELY make a difference.

Look at us! We're doing something!!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:10 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Right, I don't see how people think we are actually focusing on protecting the at risk right now.

Closing schools looks like a dead end. Can't remember how many elderly I last saw at the bar.

We have limited resources. If we use those on the people who need it I expect we can actually make a difference and save more lives.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:10 PM 11-19-2020
Hey, I know!!! Instead of bars closing at midnight, what if we have them close at 10pm? That'll DEFINITELY make a difference.

Look at us! We're doing something!!
:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 06:11 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Right, I don't see how people think we are actually focusing on protecting the at risk right now.

Closing schools looks like a dead end. Can't remember how many elderly I last saw at the bar.

We have limited resources. If we use those on the people who need it I expect we can actually make a difference and save more lives.
The problem with schools now is you are quarantining so many people including Teachers because they might have been exposed to something they might get that might make them sick so we need them to hide for 14 days. And the data clearly shows they will most likely get it from somewhere other than school.
[Reply]
Otter 06:12 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
The most perfect example of intellectual dishonestly one will ever see.
When did sharing information that doesn't goose step to what you think become a crime? Isn't collecting all the information we know and making a decision based on what information we gather become a bad thing?

I think that was rude but I suppose being an ass is the flavor of the day.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:12 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Pretty hard to find a full time teachers job up here lots of competition, I don’t find it always attracts better teachers though , it is often a plan b for people who wanted to get into something else. Kids are a pain in the ass these days and teachers can’t do much about it , can’t fail kids etc. But for the people that love it and want to do it at least they can live off of the salary .
Easy to find a teachers job down here. When we were in the KC area, it was easy to find too. Lots of demand. Short supply of teachers.
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My wife is a director of a 5-school preschool program. She has 15 years of experience and a master's degree. She's under $50k. Their teachers start at like $30k. And this is in Denver, where the cost of living is stupid.
start at $22K here. That ain’t getting you anywhere close to middle class housing down here.

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I don't think it is fair to say school districts. It is the state government and the tax payers. When you start trying to increase peoples taxes, even if it is for teachers salaries it is a hard pass my 80+% of tax payers.
it’s what is valued in society. Teachers just are not valued. The pay says all you need to know on their value. That’s a bigger discussion.

Originally Posted by petegz28:
WTF Pete. :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 06:14 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Easy to find a teachers job down here. When we were in the KC area, it was easy to find too. Lots of demand. Short supply of teachers.
start at $22K here. That ain’t getting you anywhere close to middle class housing down here.

it’s what is valued in society. Teachers just are not valued. The pay says all you need to know on their value. That’s a bigger discussion.

WTF Pete. :-)
Exactly, WTF?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:17 PM 11-19-2020

Time Traveler Arrives From 3000 A.D. And Oh No! He's Still Wearing A Mask! https://t.co/f0RXA0ZTkV

— The Babylon Bee (@TheBabylonBee) November 19, 2020

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:21 PM 11-19-2020
Because everyone has carefully been programmed. It's social engineering on a continental scale. And the point isn't the viability of the masks themselves, the point is creating another singularly divisive issue. Masks are abortion. Masks are immigration. Masks are welfare and social justice. Anything were sides can be taken.
[Reply]
Page 3158 of 3903
« First < 2158265830583108314831543155315631573158 31593160316131623168320832583658 > Last »
Up