ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1953 of 3903
« First < 953145318531903194319491950195119521953 195419551956195719632003205324532953 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 09:57 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Not for the people who get killed by drunk drivers it isn't.

The implication of this lockdown is simple: the government now has a mandate to prevent 'excess' deaths stemming from some people's decisions effecting others which logically extends to all other activities, selfish or otherwise, causing 'excess' deaths.
they chose to get in a car.

people get covid from doing the bare necessities to live.

there's a difference
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:00 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I know they can test for covid in stool but wasn't aware it was contagious.

[Reply]
Lzen 10:01 AM 05-08-2020
Thought this was worth sharing:

After listening to some pretty harsh comments & arguing over reopening or completely shutting down for another two weeks someone in their right mind wrote this.

Don’t know who wrote it, but it’s spot on.

Perspective:

WE ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT ...
I heard that we are all in the same boat, but it's not like that. We are in the same storm, but not in the same boat. Your ship could be shipwrecked and mine might not be. Or vice versa.

For some, quarantine is optimal. A moment of reflection, of re-connection, easy in flip flops, with a cocktail or coffee. For others, this is a desperate financial & family crisis.

For some that live alone they're facing endless loneliness. While for others it is peace, rest & time with their mother, father, sons & daughters.

With the $600 weekly increase in unemployment some are bringing in more money to their households than they were working. Others are working more hours for less money due to pay cuts or loss in sales.

Some families of 4 just received $3400 from the stimulus while other families of 4 saw $0.

Some were concerned about getting a certain candy for Easter while others were concerned if there would be enough bread, milk and eggs for the weekend.

Some want to go back to work because they don't qualify for unemployment and are running out of money. Others want to kill those who break the quarantine.

Some are home spending 2-3 hours/day helping their child with online schooling while others are spending 2-3 hours/day to educate their children on top of a 10-12 hour workday.

Some have experienced the near death of the virus, some have already lost someone from it and some are not sure if their loved ones are going to make it. Others don't believe this is a big deal.

Some children are doing “at home learning” with educated parents, while other children are with abusive, stressed out parents, without safety at school.

Some have faith in God and expect miracles during this 2020. Others say the worst is yet to come.

So, friends, we are not in the same boat. We are going through a time when our perceptions and needs are completely different.

Each of us will emerge, in our own way, from this storm. It is very important to see beyond what is seen at first glance. Not just looking, actually seeing.

We are all on different ships during this storm experiencing a very different journey.

Realize that and be kind.

Unknown author
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:01 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You didn't get the memo? Those people don't count.
Sure they do, just pile 'em on the Covid body count. FEAR!!!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:01 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
oh they count and it's a terrible thing.

but they made a choice, right?

who is choosing to get the virus?
Yea... They chose to have their businesses shutdown and their jobs vanish...:-)

Should we move on to the large increase in Domestic violence calls and the large decline in child abuse reports and why these are negative results of shutdowns as well?
[Reply]
TLO 10:04 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Supposedly 900 including 200 front line workers

They did pcr testing so it wouldn’t show it they had had it and recovered though
Heard from our mayor this morning that we're going to be doing a random sampling of about 2000 people here in St Joe over the next week to see what kind of impact the outbreak at Triumph has had on the rest of the community.

He didn't clarify, but I assume this will be pcr testing as well.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:06 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:

Should we move on to the large increase in Domestic violence calls and the large decline in child abuse reports and why these are negative results of shutdowns as well?
The collateral damage argument works for Covid and non covid related damage.

People can also stay in their basement if they don't want to risk catching anything, even after we open back up. That's a choice as well.

You can still do grocery pick up, curbside food pick up, every single thing you're doing now can continue while those that want can start to get on with their lives.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:13 AM 05-08-2020
they chose to get in a car.

people get covid from doing the bare necessities to live.

there's a difference
So getting in your car to go to work to earn money to feed yourself isn't a bare necessity?
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:14 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:

no they probably didnt choose that.

my business has been shut down and i havent killed myself, beat my wife or my children, go crazy on drugs or alcohol.

you know why? because i didnt CHOOSE to...

jesus fucking christ guys.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:14 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
from stool , lol
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:16 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The collateral damage argument works for Covid and non covid related damage.

People can also stay in their basement if they don't want to risk catching anything, even after we open back up. That's a choice as well.

You can still do grocery pick up, curbside food pick up, every single thing you're doing now can continue while those that want can start to get on with their lives.
you know what? those people that chose to do the right thing are stuck in an endless cycle because of all the people not doing what was asked of them.

what do you recommend for those people?
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:17 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So getting in your car to go to work to earn money to feed yourself isn't a bare necessity?
not always.

but here we are back to the drunk drivers deflection. they kill 11k people a year.

this thing killed 11k last week IIRC
[Reply]
petegz28 10:19 AM 05-08-2020
no they probably didnt choose that.

my business has been shut down and i havent killed myself, beat my wife or my children, go crazy on drugs or alcohol.

you know why? because i didnt CHOOSE to...

jesus ****ing christ guys.
:-)

Holy ****..the shark has been jumped
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:19 AM 05-08-2020
you know what? those people that chose to do the right thing are stuck in an endless cycle because of all the people not doing what was asked of them.

what do you recommend for those people?
I recommend they take Xanax, because clearly they let fear control them.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:20 AM 05-08-2020
not always.

but here we are back to the drunk drivers deflection. they kill 11k people a year.

this thing killed 11k last week IIRC
There's no philosophical difference between 11,000 deaths and 111,000 deaths when the causes of both are preventable.
[Reply]
Page 1953 of 3903
« First < 953145318531903194319491950195119521953 195419551956195719632003205324532953 > Last »
Up