ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 126
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:42 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
So Batman is suppose to be the greatest private dick of all times? Yet he didn't know Supermans moms name was Martha? How the **** did he not know this? How the **** for all his training and preparation and investigations of finding out Supermans weakness that he didn't some how figure out Superman has a mom that lives in Kansas with the name Martha?
Hell, just take a look at the Wallace Keefe character. Lex Luthor learns the hidden secrets of both Batman and Superman, but Batman can't be bothered to do some checking on the guy who blew up Congress.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:12 PM 04-07-2016
I keep forgetting to ask this -

Why was Wayne Manor in ruins? Was that ever covered?
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:03 AM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I keep forgetting to ask this -

Why was Wayne Manor in ruins? Was that ever covered?
prob wil be covered in solo bat film
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:07 AM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Honestly, I think I have been spoiled by the Daredevil fight scenes. The second season ones are flat out amazing.

So Batman takes two rounds point blank right to the back of the head-nothing? The concussive shock wave would have knocked his ass out at a minimum.

Oh and then he gets stabbed through his costume in the chest. So a blade can penetrate the suit but not two bullets from a Glock? Dumb.

So he takes a chest wound and keeps on going?

The rest of the fight seemed mechanical / robotic and done before.

Oh and Batman trains to fight Superman with an old tractor tire and some pull ups. :-) He is a Billionaire and all he has is a tractor tire and sledge hammer. ****ing retarded. At least we know how he can lift a 5 thousand pound beam off a guys legs now. :-)

This scene is blatantly stolen right from Rocky 4.

Almost everything in this movie -was lifted from another movie.
Ex.
Superman being saved by Lois in the water- Stolen from Original Superman.
its a fucking comic book movie, jfc lmao.

Batman was training to withstand Superman's strength and attacks, not to beat him by brute force, obviously.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:36 AM 04-12-2016
BvS fell to #3 at the box office this week, and there's this from a few days ago:

Originally Posted by :
Batman v Superman will not be as profitable for Warner Bros. as 2013's Man of Steel, according to a new report. Batman v Superman is expected to make a profit of $278 million for Warner Bros., factoring in combined revenue from its theatrical release, home video, TV, and merchandise, SNL Kagan analyst Wade Holden told Bloomberg. By comparison, Warner Bros. made an estimated $300 million from Man of Steel when adding up box office receipts and the other items, according to the analyst.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bat.../1100-6438683/

And I've seen others estimate that the profits could be even less. This is not what Warner wanted from this movie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:39 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
BvS fell to #3 at the box office this week, and there's this from a few days ago:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bat.../1100-6438683/

And I've seen others estimate that the profits could be even less. This is not what Warner wanted from this movie.
No studio wants a film to under perform, so what's the point of your repeated posts?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:50 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No studio wants a film to under perform, so what's the point of your repeated posts?
I did follow up for 2 weeks after its initial weekend, because part of the issue was whether it would hold up after the initial fan boy surge. What's the point of your post?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:16 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I did follow up for 2 weeks after its initial weekend, because part of the issue was whether it would hold up after the initial fan boy surge. What's the point of your post?
I have a feeling that they'll get another "fanboy surge" after the R rated version is released this summer.

This film is under-performing but release, which I expect to be timed closely to Suicide Squad, should help.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:17 PM 04-12-2016
@GermainLussier: The head of WB just made it sound like Ben Affleck directing a solo Batman movie is a done deal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:53 PM 04-12-2016
@JimVejvoda: Warner Bros. spokesperson has confirmed to me that Affleck will indeed direct the standalone Batman movie

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:10 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@JimVejvoda: Warner Bros. spokesperson has confirmed to me that Affleck will indeed direct the standalone Batman movie

Thats interesting. IM wondering if WB would like for him to take over control of the DCverse from Snyder?

A few years back they wanted him to direct a Justice League movie. This was before Argo.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:31 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Honestly, I think I have been spoiled by the Daredevil fight scenes. The second season ones are flat out amazing.

So Batman takes two rounds point blank right to the back of the head-nothing? The concussive shock wave would have knocked his ass out at a minimum.

Oh and then he gets stabbed through his costume in the chest. So a blade can penetrate the suit but not two bullets from a Glock? Dumb.

So he takes a chest wound and keeps on going?

The rest of the fight seemed mechanical / robotic and done before.

Oh and Batman trains to fight Superman with an old tractor tire and some pull ups. :-) He is a Billionaire and all he has is a tractor tire and sledge hammer. Fucking retarded. At least we know how he can lift a 5 thousand pound beam off a guys legs now. :-)

This scene is blatantly stolen right from Rocky 4.

Almost everything in this movie -was lifted from another movie.
Ex.
Superman being saved by Lois in the water- Stolen from Original Superman.
Daredevil Season 2 spoiler:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:10 PM 04-12-2016
I'm actually glad he got shot and stabbed.

I can live with him having a high-tech, bulletproof suit. I can't live with him fighting crime day in and day out and never once eating a bullet.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:49 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Daredevil Season 2 spoiler:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
007 08:55 PM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]