ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Whos your fave Christian metal band of all time?
Deberg_1990 09:56 AM 04-13-2019
Whos your fave?

Skillet

Red

Thousand Foot Krutch

Demon Hunter

P.O.D

Disciple

Stryper

Flyleaf

Creed
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:24 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
My favorite. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:26 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Christian metal isn't real.
I beg to differ...

[Reply]
KCrockaholic 07:45 AM 04-15-2019
Fit For A King is phenomenal. Red is also good but I don’t consider it metal.

https://youtu.be/iO-DyFhHQ-w
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:49 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Fit For A King is phenomenal.
Yep.

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Red is also good but I don’t consider it metal.
Red isn't heavy enough for me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:53 AM 04-15-2019
Skillet - not metal
Red - not metal
Thousand Foot Krutch - not metal
Demon Hunter - metal? maybe?
P.O.D - nu metal, is that really metal?
Disciple - great band, not metal
Stryper
Flyleaf - not metal
Creed - not metal, not good

So by default, Stryper is the best Christian metal band on your list. :-)
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:06 AM 04-15-2019
Another one is “Like Moths to Flames”, but they actually talk about questioning God rather than preaching about.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:38 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:

What about Jars of Clay? They had that one song that was pretty decent lol.
Flood?

[Reply]
Nzoner 08:42 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Are they officially a Christian Band?
I believe their first release was on Steve Taylor's Squint label after that I think they went more mainstream but you'd have to check me on that.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:53 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Go read the lyrics to After Forever.

They were certainly Christian-educated.
I definitely agree with this much more so than calling them a Christian band.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:49 AM 04-15-2019
1. Stryper is better now than they were in the 80's. Their last 3 albums are pretty heavy and very, very good. Took my daughter to see them last May and they were great live.

2. The Christian metal scene right now is better than it has ever been. I've been writing mini-reviews for a while now and working with a couple of record labels on hyping product. I love the grass roots nature of what's going on right now and there's so many good bands, especially extreme metal.

As for my favorites, I love Phinehas and Impending Doom, Temple of Perdition, and Signum Regis quite a bit. Those are my favorites.
Interesting. I will have to check them out again. In the 80s the sort of had to cater to the commercial scene at the time writing power ballads.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:49 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
I believe their first release was on Steve Taylor's Squint label after that I think they went more mainstream but you'd have to check me on that.
Interesting. Never knew that.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:26 PM 04-15-2019
1. Stryper is better now than they were in the 80's. Their last 3 albums are pretty heavy and very, very good. Took my daughter to see them last May and they were great live.

2. The Christian metal scene right now is better than it has ever been. I've been writing mini-reviews for a while now and working with a couple of record labels on hyping product. I love the grass roots nature of what's going on right now and there's so many good bands, especially extreme metal.

As for my favorites, I love Phinehas and Impending Doom, Temple of Perdition, and Signum Regis quite a bit. Those are my favorites.
Have you heard Lo-Ruhamah? Little-known band. Really heavy and extremely talented.
[Reply]
Third Eye 03:19 PM 04-15-2019
Saw these guys open up for Tool back in 2010. Put on a pretty unique show. It’s not metal, more of a dark folk, but definitely heavy. When I looked them up after the show I was surprised to find that the Christian imagery he sang about was sincere and not tongue in cheek. I mean, the were opening for Tool for fuck’s sake. Guess the guy used to be a junkie, found god, and got clean. It’s the only modern Christian band, or band with Christian themes, that I can really stomach. Give it a listen if so inclined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hl9AMQgUL8
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up