ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 367 of 460
« First < 267317357363364365366367 368369370371377417 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:07 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
She and Kliff broke up.

Yeah. I know. Prior to her booking up with the gambler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:04 PM 05-10-2020
Picked up a new-to-me set of Mizuno Mp 53's two weeks ago, got them out for the first time today.

Sweet spot the size of a nickle, but damn when you flush one...so good.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:52 PM 05-10-2020
You guys know anywhere the sells golf clubs new or old with bitcoin? The options on overstock are few and far between and over priced.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:20 PM 05-17-2020
Some Live golf on NBC right now. McIlroy/DJ vs Fowler/Wolff. Skins game type format.
[Reply]
Coogs 01:09 PM 05-17-2020
3 to 1 McIlroy/DJ after 4 holes.
[Reply]
Miles 10:20 PM 05-17-2020
Played Friday and earlier today at two of the top TX Fazio courses in Austin. Was really great being out and finally playing again. Made me appreciate the scenery and the game more than usual.
[Reply]
Miles 10:24 PM 05-17-2020
The skins game was pretty fun after no live sports. Think the one with Tiger, Phil, Peyton and Brady could be too next week.

The highlight was the young guy, Wolff with the really weird swing mechanics who has some real power.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:47 AM 05-18-2020

What are your guys thoughts on best drivers right now? I was between Cobra, Callaway Mavrik and Ping G410. Ended up going with the Ping because the movable weight is supposed to really aid in hook reduction and you can adjust the lie to also help your hands not turning over. When I hit bad ones they hook.

Also a little concerned I have PGA Tour swing speed yet can only hit it 270. My carry is shit.

Now its time for new wedges. I'm gonna learn to be good again.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:53 AM 05-18-2020
If you're gonna spend a fuckton of cash on a new driver, make sure to get properly fitted.

And I don't mean at like Golf Galaxy, Dicks, etc. Best thing I ever did for my game was to get properly fitted for my clubs.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:57 AM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
If you're gonna spend a ****ton of cash on a new driver, make sure to get properly fitted.

And I don't mean at like Golf Galaxy, Dicks, etc. Best thing I ever did for my game was to get properly fitted for my clubs.
Too late. Already got the Ping G410. Just based on research that it can really help you if you hook it. The Golf Galaxy guy was mocking my wonky swing though. He was like you need golf instruction, not a new club (because I hook it). They only let me try two clubs, and I paid $30 to do that. I was thinking I paid for club fitting not for you to breakdown my shitty swing.

I wish you could adjust the face to it being open, but they've come a long way and have alot of neutral clubface options. Back in the day EVERY SINGLE club was offset closed. It was maddening.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:59 AM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What are your guys thoughts on best drivers right now? I was between Cobra, Callaway Mavrik and Ping G410. Ended up going with the Ping because the movable weight is supposed to really aid in hook reduction and you can adjust the lie to also help your hands not turning over. When I hit bad ones they hook.

Also a little concerned I have PGA Tour swing speed yet can only hit it 270. My carry is shit.

Now its time for new wedges. I'm gonna learn to be good again.
Only 270? GTFO. :-)

If you're gonna spend a ****ton of cash on a new driver, make sure to get properly fitted.

Someday...
[Reply]
Monticore 02:19 PM 05-18-2020
Too late. Already got the Ping G410. Just based on research that it can really help you if you hook it. The Golf Galaxy guy was mocking my wonky swing though. He was like you need golf instruction, not a new club (because I hook it). They only let me try two clubs, and I paid $30 to do that. I was thinking I paid for club fitting not for you to breakdown my shitty swing.

I wish you could adjust the face to it being open, but they've come a long way and have alot of neutral clubface options. Back in the day EVERY SINGLE club was offset closed. It was maddening.
The shaft is probably more important, I got fitted with all the new stuff a few gears ago spent 80 $ to have the guy tell me the club I have ( g10 with pro launch shaft )was the best option. The 400 dollar shafts were nice but were not worth it.

The only way he said I would get more distance was changing my approach angle .
105 swing speed I was able to gain almost 25 yards just changing that but it isn’t natural so stick to my old swing , I can deal with most courses with. 250 carry + roll.

Get properly fitted since then I haven’t even looked at a new driver.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:28 PM 05-18-2020

Best thing I ever did was read “ Golf is not a game of perfect “ Bob Rotella

That really help my putting , just wish I could get out more .
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:36 PM 05-18-2020

Your spin rates are too high, which is what is costing you distance. Also, decreasing the dynamic loft of the club will open the face, which will help you straighten out a hook and bring the launch angle down.

Set the adapter to the minus, which will reduce the loft of the clubface by 1 degree. If you're still having problems, the bold minus is -1.5. The F-minus flattens the lie angle of the club, which will encourage a more open toe into impact and less hook spin.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:47 PM 05-18-2020

I used to Have a big draw and spent years trying to straighten out, now I wish I had that old swing , hitting the ball straight sucks , pick a curve any curve and learn how to use it, consistency is king .

My dad shoots low 70s at 73with his non text book swing and my pretty swing can barely keep it on the course.
[Reply]
Page 367 of 460
« First < 267317357363364365366367 368369370371377417 > Last »
Up