ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 28
« First < 152122232425 262728 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This was not on the refs
Chiefspants 10:33 PM 12-13-2018
Bob Sutton. Andy Reid.

These are the people who can cost us the playoffs.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:57 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Mostly on the defense, the refs sucked against both teams. They were ridiculous against us in the end.

Truth
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:20 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Let me explain something to you, TinyE :

Those officials have earpieces in their ear, with voices from the NFL office in NY, and the people behind those voices watch every single play and instruct the refs on how they want the plays called.

The refs aren't 'terrible'; they're great employees who do exactly as they are told.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
You have a link to the scathing article that exposed this great conspiracy?

I'll wait...
Did you find that link yet?
[Reply]
-King- 02:35 PM 12-16-2018
Let me explain something to you, TinyE :

Those officials have earpieces in their ear, with voices from the NFL office in NY, and the people behind those voices watch every single play and instruct the refs on how they want the plays called.

The refs aren't 'terrible'; they're great employees who do exactly as they are told.
So the NYC illuminati refs told the refs on the field not to call the helmet on helmet hit on Rivers because they magically knew they'd fix the game 2 plays later huh?

5D tic tac toe
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
-King- 02:37 PM 12-16-2018
The refs do what the voices in their earpieces tell them.

Every single play is scrutinized by the NFL office in NY, live as they happen. Every single game.

I remember a Patriots game where the game was stopped by the NFL office in NY for the officials to review.

Don't you think for a second that the officials are "incompetent" or that they "don't do it deliberately."

That's just plain foolish.
:-) Yes games are stopped regularly to review turnover plays, scoring plays, and plays within 2 minutes.

I swear you people don't even watch football :-) You're not exposing anything, other than a common thing done in games.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mecca 02:38 PM 12-16-2018
They didn't call that because apparently helmet to helmet is very subjective and guess what unti it went into super slow mo replay it looked shoulder to shoulder.

Hell a couple of weeks ago I watched Jaylon Smith blast Kamara in the dome in the open field no flag came out.
[Reply]
-King- 02:40 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They didn't call that because apparently helmet to helmet is very subjective and guess what unti it went into super slow mo replay it looked shoulder to shoulder.

Hell a couple of weeks ago I watched Jaylon Smith blast Kamara in the dome in the open field no flag came out.
But I thought the refs were rigging the game for the chargers. What the hell does it matter that it's subjective? Weren't the other penalties they called subjective?

Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
cdcox 02:41 PM 12-16-2018
The arbitrary nature of which penalties are called when is a huge problem that the NFL refuses to publicly acknowledge. Whether it is a vast conspiracy (doubtful), unintentional bias, or just random human error, I feel too often the refs determine outcomes rather than the players. That product isn't something I want to invest my limited free time watching.

After Thursday, I feel the same as I did after the Oakland game last year-- I'm just not interested in watching football at the moment. We're it not for Mahomes, I probably would have taken most of the season off. As it is I'm taking the day off.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:43 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by cdcox:
The arbitrary nature of which penalties are called when is a huge problem that the NFL refuses to publicly acknowledge. Whether it is a vast conspiracy (doubtful), unintentional bias, or just random human error, I feel too often the refs determine outcomes rather than the players. That product isn't something I want to invest my limited free time watching.

After Thursday, I feel the same as I did after the Oakland game last year-- I'm just not interested in watching football at the moment. We're it not for Mahomes, I probably would have taken most of the season off. As it is I'm taking the day off.
That's how I feel also. I literally was ready to hang it up then Mahomes got drafted.

The product sucks, lets be real if your reffing is bad enough to make people think it's rigged why should I be watching it?
[Reply]
-King- 02:48 PM 12-16-2018
That's how I feel also. I literally was ready to hang it up then Mahomes got drafted.

The product sucks, lets be real if your reffing is bad enough to make people think it's rigged why should I be watching it?
Just because penalties are missed or called wrong doesn't make it rigged. It's just that it's impossible to ref a game of football correctly. There are just far too many variables. Reffed correctly, we'd never get past the opening kick off because there would be a hold Everytime and they'd just keep rekicking. The better team still wins more times than not.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
cdcox 02:49 PM 12-16-2018
The least the NFL needs to do is publish officiating grades with enough granularity to create some accountability and break down of biases that certain crews have for certain teams.
[Reply]
-King- 02:50 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by cdcox:
The least the NFL needs to do is publish officiating grades with enough granularity to create some accountability and break down of biases that certain crews have for certain teams.
How would that help?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mecca 02:51 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Just because penalties are missed or called wrong doesn't make it rigged. It's just that it's impossible to ref a game of football correctly. There are just far too many variables. Reffed correctly, we'd never get past the opening kick off because there would be a hold Everytime and they'd just keep rekicking. The better team still wins more times than not.
Posted via Mobile Device
They really need to back off with all of these judgement penalties, literally every ref calls it different to the point that even the same ref doesn't call it the same.

It makes all of the officiating so inconsistent that it comes off looking terrible. They've turned their product into a shit show by trying to manufacture an offensive heavy league.

I also feel like we have refs now that get off on being part of the game so flags fly at a much higher rate than they did just a few years ago.
[Reply]
cdcox 02:55 PM 12-16-2018
Posted via Mobile Device
I think with enough cameras and AI you could get unbiased calls in the not distant future. Then you could have a threshold about how flagerent a call has to be for it to be called. Or just call it by the book and teams will adjust. The arbitrary nature of the calls we have now is intolerable.
[Reply]
cdcox 02:57 PM 12-16-2018
How would that help?
Posted via Mobile Device
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in solving it. We need a shred of transparency.
[Reply]
-King- 02:58 PM 12-16-2018
They really need to back off with all of these judgement penalties, literally every ref calls it different to the point that even the same ref doesn't call it the same.

It makes all of the officiating so inconsistent that it comes off looking terrible. They've turned their product into a shit show by trying to manufacture an offensive heavy league.

I also feel like we have refs now that get off on being part of the game so flags fly at a much higher rate than they did just a few years ago.
It's ALWAYS been like this. There will always be judgement calls. On everyplay you have to make a judgement on if a hold is just a normal hold or a penalty worth hold.

It's always been like this even in the imagined golden era of the NFL. The only difference is that we have HD cameras with super slow-mo zoom and DVRs so we catch more bad calls now.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 25 of 28
« First < 152122232425 262728 >
Up