🔥 Diablo, 🔥
🔥 Lord 🔥
🔥 of 🔥 🔥
🔥 Terror.
🔥 🔥
🔥 🔥
🔥 pic.twitter.com/76kxCCMv51

— Diablo (@Diablo) February 19, 2021

From what I’ve seen it’s just a reskin with graphics. The loot system hasn’t changed from the original.
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:20 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Watched some streams for a few minutes and I was just sitting there thinking why would I even bother to play this outdated game when PoE exists.
Thanks for that valuable input. You're a treasure.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:39 PM 04-09-2021
Watched some streams for a few minutes and I was just sitting there thinking why would I even bother to play this outdated game when PoE exists.
Good point. What an amazing free game that was. Though to don't go completely insane, you do gotta Pay to play. Loot drops are fucking dog shit.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:02 PM 04-09-2021
I had to look up "PoE." There was a game that came out a few years ago that had the same overhead view. After the nostalgia factor wore off, it just bored me, and I'm sure it would be the same with Diablo. IMO the whole concept is outdated. I just don't think I'd be able to go from games like Skyrim and Witcher to back to this.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:46 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Thanks for that valuable input. You're a treasure.
Well it's pay $40 for a "resurrected" game when I can just load up the original or I could simply just play PoE which is infinitely better for free and comes out with new content every 3 months.

Blizzard is just turning into a shit company that lacks innovation. They are too busy looking in the past as they continue to refresh all of their old content and try to make a buck while their newly released stuff just keeps getting worse and worse.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:16 PM 04-10-2021
Well it's pay $40 for a "resurrected" game when I can just load up the original or I could simply just play PoE which is infinitely better for free and comes out with new content every 3 months.

Blizzard is just turning into a shit company that lacks innovation. They are too busy looking in the past as they continue to refresh all of their old content and try to make a buck while their newly released stuff just keeps getting worse and worse.
Game turns to shit in maps
[Reply]
jd1020 01:28 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Game turns to shit in maps
In what way?

Running maps is no different that running your 10,000th Pit run in Diablo 2. Only difference is that in PoE maps branch off into all the different content in the game like Heist, Delve, Betrayal, Breach, Incursion, etc, and all the boss fights that come with that content that isnt found in the story.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:03 PM 04-10-2021
Essentially becomes pay to play since gear drops are pure dog shit
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:11 PM 04-10-2021
https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/04...ostalgic-magic

This is a kind of neat feature.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:12 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Essentially becomes pay to play since gear drops are pure dog shit
Outside of buying a handful of the league stash tabs, which are probably required if you have any plans on playing the game for an extended period of time, all of the pay options for PoE are purely cosmetic. Even with the league stash tabs which go on sale all the time you'll end up paying half of what Blizzard is asking you to pay for a 3D skin on Diablo 2.

PoE is all about crafting items and there are multiple ways to go about doing that. Outside of build enabling uniques, you'll most likely never find a rare that is exactly what you are looking for but there are multiple ways to go about taking an item with maybe 2 or 3 mods that are what you want and removing/adding the rest.

They basically took Diablo 2's Lincoln Log system of crafting items with runewords and turned it into an Erector Set. Every bit of currency in the game is used to craft items and a good number of their league's are designed to expand on crafting and make it less RNG.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 06:01 PM 04-10-2021
I fired up an old laptop that has diablo and diablo 2 installed on it. I played D2 for half an hour. then I played diablo for a couple days until I beat it again. I scratched the itch. i won't be buying diablo 2 resurrected. I fucked that game out. it cant be unfucked with a graphics update
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:40 PM 04-10-2021
Looks great so far I’m buying/playing 100%

I’m really impressed with the updated graphics. I’m looking forward to my first enigma runeword! Oh man from there I go Hammerdin.... farm farm farm, then once I’ve made a grief phaseblade and death offhand I make a barb for UBER TRIST farming.

Can tell you how excited I am
[Reply]
Pants 09:55 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I had to look up "PoE." There was a game that came out a few years ago that had the same overhead view. After the nostalgia factor wore off, it just bored me, and I'm sure it would be the same with Diablo. IMO the whole concept is outdated. I just don't think I'd be able to go from games like Skyrim and Witcher to back to this.
Grim Dawn maybe? Man, I sunk some goddamn hours into that one. It was a really incredibly well-designed and well-done game by a very small group of developers (the game was one of the original Titan Quest dev's baby).
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:24 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Looks great so far I’m buying/playing 100%

I’m really impressed with the updated graphics. I’m looking forward to my first enigma runeword! Oh man from there I go Hammerdin.... farm farm farm, then once I’ve made a grief phaseblade and death offhand I make a barb for UBER TRIST farming.

Can tell you how excited I am
You went barb for uber trist huh? I always went smiter. I think I'll start out with the sorc to farm stuff, then maybe branch into something else.

I have some nice characters right now, easier to build them when everyone else is running a bot. Did a bowazon just because I'd never really made one before. Stacked it for dueling. It's actually been pretty fun. Probably not as fun as a big time javazon, but still pretty good.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:28 AM 04-11-2021
Act 3 is still probably a complete pile of shit
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:43 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
You went barb for uber trist huh? I always went smiter. I think I'll start out with the sorc to farm stuff, then maybe branch into something else.

I have some nice characters right now, easier to build them when everyone else is running a bot. Did a bowazon just because I'd never really made one before. Stacked it for dueling. It's actually been pretty fun. Probably not as fun as a big time javazon, but still pretty good.
I always loved a zerk barb for ubr trist. Paladin for me has always been hammerdin.

I love jav zon, and trapsin. But have fooled around with necros in the past. Never been a huge druid fan.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up