ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 319
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Urc Burry 10:06 AM 02-10-2021
Orlando Brown requested a trade. Demanding to play LT. Probably wouldn’t be worth the haul they will get.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:08 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Need a LB too if we can’t keep Damien Wilson. Ben Neimann should not see to e field unless it’s ST’s or 3rd and long
There will be somebody available in free agency to fill that spot. They don't need to spend big on a LB with Gay and Hitchens here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:08 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Orlando Brown requested a trade. Demanding to play LT. Probably wouldn’t be worth the haul they will get.
Baltimore is going to want a 1st round pick and probably more.

Brown wants a contract similar to what Stanley got.

He's not an option for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:11 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Baltimore is going to want a 1st round pick and probably more.

Brown wants a contract similar to what Stanley got.

He's not an option for the Chiefs.
Correct.

Unless the Chiefs are done with Eric Fisher, there is no reason to be moving Heaven and Earth for a long term LT. We need a stopgap type of option there.

If they do want a long term LT, I’d rather draft and develop one who fits out offense best as a great pass protector.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Correct.

Unless the Chiefs are done with Eric Fisher, there is no reason to be moving Heaven and Earth for a long term LT. We need a stopgap type of option there.

If they do want a long term LT, I’d rather draft and develop one who fits out offense best as a great pass protector.
Yep.

My guess is that they fully expect Fisher to be back at this point so a 1-year type guy is what is incoming.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 10:18 AM 02-10-2021
Yeah. I realize it’s not really realistic. Just overreacting to the super bowl. I have my doubts Schwartz has played his last game in the nfl tho.

He claims to not be about the money, but I’m sure that’s bullshit. A 24 year old franchise type LT sounds amazing, but don’t think we’re in a position to make that type of move
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:43 AM 02-10-2021
Yep.

My guess is that they fully expect Fisher to be back at this point so a 1-year type guy is what is incoming.
Here's the thing-

Fisher's starting to have back problems too.

Over 30, 300+ pound men with back problems don't tend to get better.

Yeah, maybe you can duct-tape in a guy to hold the fort until Fisher comes back from the achilles; but do you really want to be in the same spot next season? Or the one after?

Schwartz missed the last half of the year. I don't see how it's a reasonable plan to count on him either.

There's just too much at stake here.

I love the players, I do, but history says their days of being dependable are probably over.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:44 AM 02-10-2021
There will be somebody available in free agency to fill that spot. They don't need to spend big on a LB with Gay and Hitchens here.
Yeah I think a full offseason and Gay takes Wilson and Niemann's snaps and we're good there.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Here's the thing-

Yeah, maybe you can duct-tape in a guy to hold the fort until Fisher comes back from the achilles; but do you really want to be in the same spot next season? Or the one after?

Schwartz missed the last half of the year. I don't see how it's a reasonable plan to count on him either.

I love the players, I do, but history says their days of being dependable are probably over.
Eh I don’t know that I’d say Fisher is starting to have back problem because he had spasms.

That’s a bit of a reach, but I understand the concern.
[Reply]
TNTEICHER 10:49 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Fisher tore his Achilles. He didn’t ****ing die.

He’ll be back by Thanksgiving at the worst.

Get that ****er ready for the playoffs and let’s ride.
I have ruptured my achilles. It takes 2 years for it to be 90%. It will never be 100%
[Reply]
mkp785 11:04 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Here's the thing-

This. Plus I wonder what's the history of Pro Bowl LTs tearing the achilles and returning to their former selves? Has that happened before? In Fisher's case he already had tough sledding facing Bosa and Chubb/Miller 2x a year. That sucks as is, now he needs to repeat that when he's over 30 and recovering from one of the shittiest injuries in all of sports?

That's asking alot.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by TNTEICHER:
I have ruptured my achilles. It takes 2 years for it to be 90%. It will never be 100%
Are you a football player with the best medical doctors available?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:08 AM 02-10-2021
My hope for Fisher is just for him to be able to play half the year (the second half and postseason) at an average level.

Just get through one more year, so we don’t have to address BOTH tackles with long term solutions in one offseason. If Niang can be above average at RT, then the situation isn’t as dire as it might seem.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:08 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Are you a football player with the best medical doctors available?
He’s posting on CP, so he’s actually better than that
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:09 AM 02-10-2021
I just think this-

We have two injured offensive tackles, both over 30, both very questionable moving forward, at least for 2021, and no guarantees after that.

Both are also not inexpensive players.

2021's NFL draft is unusually deep with talented offensive tackles.

The math just sort of seems unavoidable doesn't it?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 319
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up