ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 319
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Stryker 10:10 PM 02-09-2021
This SB loss REALLY stings. With that said, I love your guys thoughts and I really feel positive moving forward. Thank you all for the posts and positive outlooks! :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:23 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
My advice would be to start by looking at who is about to hit free agency from the Chiefs...

Sammy Watkins
Daniel Sorensen
Bashaud Breeland
Alex Okafor
Damien Wilson
Demarcus Robinson
Austin Reiter
Kelechi Osemele
Mike Remmers
Anthony Sherman
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Daniel Kilgore
Stefen Wisniewski
Antonio Hamilton
Mike Pennel
Le'Veon Bell
Ricky Seals-Jones
Taco Charlton
Deon Yelder
Andrew Wylie
Gehrig Dieter
Chris Lammons
Darrel Williams
Ben Niemann
Charvarius Ward
Byron Pringle
Alex Brown
Nick Keizer
Emmanuel Smith

By the way.. look at that list.. we are not set in the secondary by any means...
For a list that long (not sure how long a typical FA list is), that's about as good as you could hope for. Hopefully they can at least reach a deal w/ Breeland. I'd let the rest walk and say good riddance to most of them. I'd take Sorenson back just for his knack for big plays in big moments, but if it's not feasible, I don't think it's a huge loss.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:40 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
lol really?

If wasting years is 3 straight afc champ games, 2 sb appearances and 1 win I hope we waste a bunch.

The pats and Brady have skewed so many people’s thinking on these things it’s hilarious.
Wrong skew . . .

For a team of the Chiefs' history, that's an amazing resume.

For a player of Mahomes' talent, that's teetering toward a teensy bit of squandered prime, not his fault, everyone else's in the building.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:57 AM 02-10-2021
Find out who's planning to opt-out and adjust draft pics, trades, and FA from there.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:44 AM 02-10-2021
I thought back this morning to the first night of the 2019 draft. Mahomes was on the screen revealing his new madden cover, but I felt pretty empty and hopeless as it was just minutes before when KCTV5 released the edited audio from Tyreek and crazy lady at the airport. We all kinda thought his days were done in football, and I know I thought we were in big trouble when it comes to ever getting to the SB and winning it in the near future without one of our best players. Maybe even cursed forever after Dee Ford had just happened.

You think back to that night and how you felt then and snap to now and look at what has been accomplished since. Hard to be too upset. Hard not to feel really optimistic moving forward about 2021. Gets me excited for the draft somewhat too.

Damn I just want them to start making some moves and get this thing going. I think we’re gonna take that trophy back next year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:47 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Find out who's planning to opt-out and adjust draft pics, trades, and FA from there.
I'm guessing very few will opt out now given how the season went. It's pretty obvious that despite a few outbreaks, mostly because teams failed to follow protocol, that the NFL's plan worked.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:48 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Wrong skew . . .

For a team of the Chiefs' history, that's an amazing resume.

For a player of Mahomes' talent, that's teetering toward a teensy bit of squandered prime, not his fault, everyone else's in the building.
Absolutely on the first count.

Don't know how much I agree with the second idea. Yet. He's still only 25 years old. How many QB's his age have been to 3 championship games and 2 Super Bowls?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:55 AM 02-10-2021
I think he's being sarcastic there
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:19 AM 02-10-2021
Niang might just be one of the most important players going into the offseason and next year. If he can be above average at either OT, then that makes Veach’s work MUCH easier.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:22 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Niang might just be one of the most important players going into the offseason and next year. If he can be above average at either OT, then that makes Veach’s work MUCH easier.
At this point, they really NEED him to be a starter at one of the tackle positions. If not, things get super complicated.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:50 AM 02-10-2021
If you watch the Brian Baldinger clip of our receivers, I think it’s painfully obvious that this team needs a WR more than an OL.

That Robinson disaster in the end zone should have been caught. To get both hands on that and drop is inexcusable.

This team will be fine on the OL. LDT is coming back and he is worlds better than that POS Wylie, even with time off. Niang is a nice development player, Fisher should be back by Thanksgiving and I think we’ll keep Remmers along with some additions for depth.

I can’t stress this enough. Even with a horrible pocket and Patrick running for his life, he was hitting receivers. He was making plays.

The problem was that we basically had Kelce and Tyreek and that was it. None of the other receivers were worth a shit, including Sammy’s broken ass.

Hardman is a fine gadget player who is very cheap. There’s value there for the next 2 years, but we need a bigger receiver who can get open and win jump balls.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:52 AM 02-10-2021
They need a tackle and a WR. And a DE. At the very least.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:53 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah. We need a couple DEs to be honest. I’m hoping we bring back Taco and draft a couple.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:01 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah. We need a couple DEs to be honest. I’m hoping we bring back Taco and draft a couple.
I wouldn't be upset at all if the 1st pick is DE. Our line needs to be addressed but we are getting 2 guys back who will likely be starters.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:05 AM 02-10-2021
Need a LB too if we can’t keep Damien Wilson. Ben Neimann should not see to e field unless it’s ST’s or 3rd and long
[Reply]
Page 13 of 319
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up