ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 NBA Offseason Thread
Sassy Squatch 07:15 AM 11-17-2020

Sources: After turning down an extension offer to become the first $50M a year player in league history, James Harden’s message to Houston is clear: Get me to Brooklyn. Rockets and Nets have been in contact, but there’s been no meaningful dialogue. https://t.co/qwJOQOxz5U

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 17, 2020

Houston sports are bursting into flames.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:55 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Annnd Oubre gonna go to the Warriors so OKC can have a 99th 1st rd draft pick
Honestly, I like the deal for both teams. The Warriors suddenly needed a player just like Oubre. The Thunder need to continue to build future assets, even though this one is a late first or two seconds.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:58 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Honestly, I like the deal for both teams. The Warriors suddenly needed a player just like Oubre. The Thunder need to continue to build future assets, even though this one is a late first or two seconds.
Heard on Dan Patrick Show by acuiring Oubre, that puts the Warriors into the luxury cap payment. So they owe him 14 million plus another 52 million for going over the cap. Kelly Oubre is essentially worth 66 million to the Warriors for this season.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:58 PM 11-20-2020
I don't think these include the Minnesota and GS trades.

Sam Presti is DEALING!

The Thunder currently have 17 1st round picks through 2026 �� pic.twitter.com/dt8oGbOpzz

— NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) November 18, 2020

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:19 AM 11-22-2020
It looks like the top end of the NBA will be much better than last. Nets, Clips, Lakers, Suns, Bucks, potentially Warriors all looking good. I'd love to see the Mavs add a bit more.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:09 PM 11-22-2020
Presti is playing GM like 2K. I love it, though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:53 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It looks like the top end of the NBA will be much better than last. Nets, Clips, Lakers, Suns, Bucks, potentially Warriors all looking good. I'd love to see the Mavs add a bit more.
The Warriors look like trash. They aren’t winning anything with that team.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:35 PM 11-22-2020
Bucks have rescinded Frank Masons (last years G-League MVP) qualifying offer so hes no longer a restricted FA and now an unrestricted free agent.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:46 AM 11-24-2020
Giannis to the Lakers next year?

Windhorst suspects AD is taking his time to decide what contract he chooses is because of Giannis. If Giannis doesn’t sign supermax he thinks AD will sign a 1+1, both him and Lebron will opt out next offseaon and recruit Giannis to the Lakers

— Ralph Mason (@Ralph_MasonJr) November 23, 2020

[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:48 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Giannis to the Lakers next year?

Let's hope.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:19 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Let's hope.
Why?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:54 PM 12-02-2020
Kawhi Leonard. Complete diva.

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George's treatment in Los Angeles reportedly rubbed some of their Clippers teammates the wrong way. According to a new report from The Athletic, the privileges granted to the Clippers' A-listers was enough to cause major chemistry issues in the locker room last season, which ended with an unceremonious early exit from the playoffs.

The report states that George and Leonard were allowed to have their own security detail, bodyguards and personal trainers. They also had veto power over the team's practice schedule and travel times and several team members reportedly think Leonard flexed that ability and cancelled several practices over the season.
Adding to that sense of separation, Leonard was allowed to live outside of Los Angeles. As has previously been reported, Leonard resides in San Diego, a full two hours from his home arena. In the report, teammates say that this exception made Leonard frequently late for team events and travel.

For all this, the Clippers didn't even get the perk of having the pair act as public faces of the franchise. They were allowed to postpone their post-game conferences nearly a full hour after the game ended for treatment and workouts. In practice, this left their teammates to explain the game and defend the decisions made on the court.
Perhaps the most damning accusation in the whole report is that Leonard and George were allowed to decide when and if they would play. Teammates believed the pair were allowed to decline playing time, sitting out entire games and even telling coaches in-game that they would not be subbed back in.
“How do you ever build a strong team with that shit going on?” a team source told The Athletic. “I thought from the beginning, ‘We’re doomed. Kawhi wants too much special treatment.’”
On the same day as The Athletic's report, a clip from an upcoming All the Smoke episode featuring Paul George was released, where he talked about what went wrong in Los Angeles last season. He accused former head coach Doc Rivers of scheming incorrectly for his game and not getting the most use out of players.

"Doc was trying to play me as a Ray Allen or a JJ Redick, all pin-downs. I can do it, but that ain't my game," he said. "I need some flow. I need some mixes of pick and rolls. I need some post-ups. Just different touches."
The full All the Smoke episode with George will be released on Dec. 10.

New Clippers head coach Tyronn Lue is looking to fix these issues, and will reportedly deny George and Leonard of these privileges going forward. However, he also plans to make it clear that Leonard is the premier player on the team. The Athletic reports that Lue will "establish a clearer internal hierarchy" and ask the pair to "forgo certain requests or standards to set a better example for their teammates."

https://www.complex.com/sports/2020/...emistry-issues
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:46 PM 12-02-2020
Westbrook traded to Washington for John Wall
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:19 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Westbrook traded to Washington for John Wall
Can Wall move? I honestly don't know.
[Reply]
Miles 11:05 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Can Wall move? I honestly don't know.
There has been talk that he is finally healthy but feels like it has been forever since he’s played.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:02 PM 12-15-2020

Breaking: Giannis Antetokounmpo says he is signing a contract extension with the Milwaukee Bucks. The two-time MVP will sign a five-year, $228.2 million supermax extension with the franchise, the largest deal in NBA history, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) December 15, 2020

[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up