ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 153
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Sorry 03:12 AM 11-13-2019
So highlights what could’ve been for this last trilogy
[Reply]
luv 08:30 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
This guy was great in Game of Thrones and Narcos. I have no doubt that he can carry a series like this. Now that I've seen how the series is going to go, (assuming that the pilot is indicative of the quality) I'm a bit stoked to see Mexican Burt Reynolds pull this off.
THAT'S who he reminds me of! Couldn't quite put my finger on it before...lol.

Boyfriend and I watched the first episode after the kiddo went to bed last night. Definitely looking forward to more.
[Reply]
underEJ 11:31 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Mexican Burt Reynolds
Chilean Burt Reynolds, but otherwise a perfect likening.
[Reply]
underEJ 11:33 AM 11-13-2019
I really liked it. With the sole exception of Brian Posehn driving the speeder. He is an anachronism in an otherwise fantastic world.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:35 AM 11-13-2019
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:31 PM 11-13-2019
looks like the remnants of the empire want to clone yoda's race

Partial credit to @bhower1138 for noticing the symbol on his sleeve. pic.twitter.com/Im2wjSY94y

— MarvelSW (@NumidianPrime) November 13, 2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:58 PM 11-13-2019
HE LIVES

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:30 PM 11-13-2019
I have spoken.

Nick Nolte was perfect for that
[Reply]
notorious 09:48 PM 11-13-2019
The song played during this episode reminds me of something......

It's very similar to the theme from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
The song played during this episode reminds me of something......

It's very similar to the theme from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".
I believe you mean...."Slave Children Crusade".....very similar.

I also heard some notes from Karate kid.

[Reply]
Simply Red 12:31 AM 11-14-2019
this ruled and I'm not overly fond of the franchise regarding their recent pictures.

This one is awesome though - Werner Herzog always belonged in the newer films / series' - Glad he's in this. Big fan of him and the Mandalorian.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:46 AM 11-14-2019
Interesting with plenty of potential. Not seeing all the love though, as it was just OK in my book. I see that it could be amazing, but that first episode is not.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:14 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Interesting with plenty of potential. Not seeing all the love though, as it was just OK in my book. I see that it could be amazing, but that first episode is not.
star wars is supposed to be popcorn fun

this was perfect star wars in that vein
[Reply]
notorious 09:49 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I believe you mean...."Slave Children Crusade".....very similar.

I also heard some notes from Karate kid.

Bingo.

Very similar..
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:58 AM 11-14-2019
The ending has my interest now, I'll be watching. At first it wasn't anything big, some cool moments and funny dialogue, not much you can take away from a 40 minute episode.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 153
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up