ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 48
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:23 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I need a new phone plan actually, anyone know a company where I can get 2 nice smart phones and pay less than 100 a month..I'd honestly prefer it to be cheaper than that.
I have my son on Straight Talk. He has an AT&T Galaxy S4. No need to unlock the phone, but you have to order the SIM. $45/mo. Unlimited everything.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 08:54 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I'm waiting with baited breath for the Galaxy s5 to release so I can buy a post-price-drop Galaxy s4. My current phone is a Galaxy. sans s. The first one. It is dreadfully slow and a battery drain at this point to boot, but I'm a cheapskate and I've been holding out on upgrading.

If tmobile drops the no-contract price on s4's in a couple of weeks to like $500 I am THERE.
I'm hoping for this to happen. I'm ready for a new phone (still rocking the HTC Thunderbolt from 2011) but don't have to rush.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by BCD:
No, but I question their sexuality.

:-)
I'm 100% man, as the women around me will attest.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:51 AM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm 100% man, as the women around me will attest.
Did you come equipped with an iPenis?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:53 AM 04-01-2014
I need a new phone plan actually, anyone know a company where I can get 2 nice smart phones and pay less than 100 a month..I'd honestly prefer it to be cheaper than that.
www.ting.com
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:10 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Did you come equipped with an iPenis?
Android.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:21 PM 04-01-2014
Take a look at Republic Wireless.

We switched my wife over in January and it's been awesome. They use VOIP on wifi to keep costs down when it can connect to wi-fi, plus they offer the Moto X, no contract.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:22 PM 04-01-2014
I'm getting an iPhone 5S today at work to replace my Samsung S3. Not super thrilled, but whatever.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:25 PM 04-01-2014
Android.
:-)

Some things are just better when they're bigger.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:09 PM 04-01-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Take a look at Republic Wireless.

We switched my wife over in January and it's been awesome. They use VOIP on wifi to keep costs down when it can connect to wi-fi, plus they offer the Moto X, no contract.
ORLY??

Sounds promising
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:45 AM 04-02-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
ORLY??

Sounds promising
Yep. Wife, brother, mom and dad now all using Republic. No problems. Unlimited everything on 4G is $40/month. It goes down if you want less speed. And you can modify your plan twice a month directly from your phone.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 10:57 PM 04-10-2014
My wife and I have an iPhone 5 and we were looking to maybe change it up and get the Samsung Galaxy S5. What are the differences, pros and cons? What does the S5 offer me that I can't have with the iPhone and vice versa?

Also, I think Verizon has our contract over Feb. 24 but isn't there a new thing where you can upgrade sooner? Thanks.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:16 AM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
My wife and I have an iPhone 5 and we were looking to maybe change it up and get the Samsung Galaxy S5. What are the differences, pros and cons? What does the S5 offer me that I can't have with the iPhone and vice versa?

Also, I think Verizon has our contract over Feb. 24 but isn't there a new thing where you can upgrade sooner? Thanks.
S5 - expandable memory, removable battery, customizable OS, bigger screen. Is this iPhone waterproof?

There is a new way to upgrade earlier but it requires signing up for a monthly fee.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:07 AM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
S5 - expandable memory, removable battery, customizable OS, bigger screen. Is this iPhone waterproof?

There is a new way to upgrade earlier but it requires signing up for a monthly fee.
The S5 also crashes all the time, apps mysteriously disappear, and it has features like eye-tracking video pause that, even though you disable them, re-enable themselves daily.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:26 AM 04-11-2014
The S5 also crashes all the time, apps mysteriously disappear, and it has features like eye-tracking video pause that, even though you disable them, re-enable themselves daily.
A lot of knowledge on a phone that has yet to be released you have.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 48
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up