ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 48
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 04:25 PM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Can you put it in your pants pocket?
Yep
[Reply]
jd1020 05:29 PM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
HTC one m8 comes out today, pretty sick
I'd rather have the M7 at 64gb but I might just have to get the M8 because AT&T has the 32GB M7 on sale for free while the 64GB is still $300 dollars on contract. Meanwhile the M8 comes out at $200 on contract.

I just dont understand...
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 05:35 PM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I'd rather have the M7 at 64gb but I might just have to get the M8 because AT&T has the 32GB M7 on sale for free while the 64GB is still $300 dollars on contract. Meanwhile the M8 comes out at $200 on contract.

I just dont understand...
M8 has expandable memory
[Reply]
jd1020 05:43 PM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
M8 has expandable memory
I know.

I just dont see it as that much of an upgrade but apparently AT&T prices phones based on how much internal memory they have and nothing else.

It's got a faster processor, meh... the M7 is already beyond fast enough. It's got a bigger screen but they still have the dumbass HTC logo on the front and it has on screen keys now so that .3" increase goes right out the window. The camera is still dogshit. And its a massive and heavy phone for being 5" when you compare it to every other flagship.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:34 PM 03-25-2014
Wish the major carriers would pick up the Sony phones.
[Reply]
bowener 08:37 PM 03-25-2014
Have any of you switched to TMobile recently? The power button on my iphone broke, and I do not want to stick with Att.
[Reply]
RedDread 09:08 PM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by bowener:
Have any of you switched to TMobile recently? The power button on my iphone broke, and I do not want to stick with Att.
I switched to them from Sprint but I was not under contract at the time. I know they and AT&T are both offering to buy you out of your contract to get you to switch. My main reasons were that I had them about 5 years ago and the only reason I switched in the first place was that they did not have air cards and I was going to an area where that was the only way I could use the net.

Came back because the first experience with them was great and they were offering a plan that allowed me to get the Galaxy S4 at sign-up without paying $200-$300. Essentially it's $25/mo for the life of the contract but you can pay it off sooner and take the phone with you to another carrier if you want.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:36 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by BCD:
iPhones are for females.

And gay dudes.

:-)
I don't understand why Apple is so hellbent on REFUSING to make their phone bigger. At least give people options, make it two version of the iphone. Call the regular on an iphone, call the other one an iPhone mega or something. I honestly think they just do NOT want the tablet and cell phone market to converge, because that would probably mean less money for them.

I mean look at the difference. Whenever I play with a friend or family's iPhone I'm automatically annoyed at the tiny screen.I don't know why you would own one or pay more to own one if you had a choice of the Samsung products. Look at the difference

Note 3 vs iphone5

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:38 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't understand why Apple is so hellbent on REFUSING to make their phone bigger. At least give people options, make it two version of the iphone. Call the regular on an iphone, call the other one an iPhone mega or something. I honestly think they just do NOT want the tablet and cell phone market to converge, because that would probably mean less money for them.

I mean look at the difference. Whenever I play with a friend or family's iPhone I'm automatically annoyed at the tiny screen.I don't know why you would own one or pay more to own one if you had a choice of the Samsung products. Look at the difference

Note 3 vs iphone5

To each their own I guess. One of the things keeping me on the iPhone is the size of the newer Android devices. I have a tablet, I don't need another one.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:46 PM 03-26-2014
I wish more android manufacturers did what Sony does.

They took their flagship Z and Z1 and made compact versions (ZR and Z1C) that didn't nuke everything good about the phone and make it a piece of shit. I can only hope a Z2C makes it to the US because the Z2 actually supports US frequencies where as the others dont.

I can't stand how big phones are getting these days. Seems like the only thing they can think of is slapping a new processor in the phone, increasing the size by .2" and calling it an upgrade.

Just ****ing upgrade the phone with the latest technology. Improve the camera, improve the software, etc... At some point there has to be a limit to where you say enough is enough with these ****ing mega phones getting bigger every year.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:02 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I wish more android manufacturers did what Sony does.

They took their flagship Z and Z1 and made compact versions (ZR and Z1C) that didn't nuke everything good about the phone and make it a piece of shit. I can only hope a Z2C makes it to the US because the Z2 actually supports US frequencies where as the others dont.

I can't stand how big phones are getting these days. Seems like the only thing they can think of is slapping a new processor in the phone, increasing the size by .2" and calling it an upgrade.

Just ****ing upgrade the phone with the latest technology. Improve the camera, improve the software, etc... At some point there has to be a limit to where you say enough is enough with these ****ing mega phones getting bigger every year.
If it can fit in the pockets of my pants, it's not too big. Case closed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:28 PM 03-26-2014
If it can fit in the pockets of my pants, it's not too big. Case closed.
I don't know what kind of Zubaz you wear by my wife's Galaxy S4 won't fit comfortably into my pockets...
[Reply]
BWillie 01:35 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't know what kind of Zubaz you wear by my wife's Galaxy S4 won't fit comfortably into my pockets...
I have a Note 2, one of the biggest phones on the market. Fits in any one of my pants pockets easily. Do you wear skin tight leather pants or something?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:36 PM 03-26-2014
I hate a Note 2, one of the biggest phones on the market. Fits in any one of my pants pockets easily. Do you wear skin tight leather pants or something?
My cock takes up more space than the average dude, so there's that. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 01:47 PM 03-26-2014
I have a Note 2, one of the biggest phones on the market. Fits in any one of my pants pockets easily. Do you wear skin tight leather pants or something?
Besides, sitting down is for losers..... :-)

[Reply]
Page 4 of 48
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up