ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 34
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Bowser 06:46 PM 05-17-2019
wut

I still say Armie Hammer would have made a fantastic Bruce Wayne/Batman. Not as good as Edward Gothvamp apparently, but still.
[Reply]
Fish 07:04 PM 05-17-2019
I take it this means we're back to Batnipples?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:14 PM 05-17-2019
I've never seen a Twilight movie, but you guys should see some of Pattinson's more recent work if you wanna know what kind of actor he is. He's actually really fucking good. I don't know if he's a fit for Batman, but I'm interested. Problem is DC will just fuck this movie up no matter how good he is. Hell, Jared Leto could have been a good Joker in a halfway decent movie. The casting is almost never the issue.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:43 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I've never seen a Twilight movie, but you guys should see some of Pattinson's more recent work if you wanna know what kind of actor he is. He's actually really fucking good. I don't know if he's a fit for Batman, but I'm interested. Problem is DC will just fuck this movie up no matter how good he is. Hell, Jared Leto could have been a good Joker in a halfway decent movie. The casting is almost never the issue.
Matt Reeves
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:30 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...cs-1203125473/

Fucking hell... DC is garbage.
I liked the Wonder Women, Aquaman and the Dark Knight triology. This Joker movie looks fantastic. It looks like it’s improving the product. They just don’t have the base of cool characters that Marvel has to build movies around.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:50 PM 05-17-2019
I'll reserve judgement. It's not like he'd be the first guy to have a shit outing early but do a nice job later on.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:11 PM 05-17-2019
Terrible Choice.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:27 PM 05-17-2019
Transgender Batman is going to be incredible. Instead of fighting bad guys- he interjects meaningful dialog to make them think about their choices. Hugs for everyone!
[Reply]
Bump 12:27 AM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Transgender Batman is going to be incredible. Instead of fighting bad guys- he interjects meaningful dialog to make them think about their choices. Hugs for everyone!
Be careful, if any producers read that they might offer you a writing job for the next marvel movie.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:27 PM 05-17-2019
Just a bunch of testosterone filled badasses in here that would never in a million years what that sparkling vampire homo in a Batman movie! Those movies started 11 years ago and ended 7 years ago, but you badasses keep being badasses and skip this one because of homosparklevamp.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:07 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Just a bunch of testosterone filled badasses in here that would never in a million years what that sparkling vampire homo in a Batman movie! Those movies started 11 years ago and ended 7 years ago, but you badasses keep being badasses and skip this one because of homosparklevamp.
This seems to be hitting awfully close to home for you. You play for team twinky glitter or you just like sparkle vamps?
[Reply]
Setsuna 02:55 AM 05-18-2019
Again who thought Ledger would be the perfect Joker? Just being good and respected doesnt mean he had the range and derangement to fit that role to perfection. No one thought he would be what he was. I defy any dummy to refute that fact.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:36 AM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Again who thought Ledger would be the perfect Joker? Just being good and respected doesnt mean he had the range and derangement to fit that role to perfection. No one thought he would be what he was. I defy any dummy to refute that fact.
This clip is great from Jonathan Nolan about Ledger...and also should be taken into account regarding Pattinson imo. Nolan wants him in his next movie.

Watch this min clip or text below. NSFW for language.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1019615836783325184?s=19

"When I wrote The Dark Knight, Chris [Nolan] had to figure out how we’d tackle the Joker,” Nolan explained. “Chris had a good meeting with Heath Ledger. And no one got it — I didn’t get it, the studio didn’t get it. And the fan community was … we were fucking pilloried for it. “Disaster, worst casting decision ever!” Chris just stuck to his guns. It was a question of not giving the fans what they’re asking for but what they want — which is, “Let’s find a really fuckin’ serious actor, somebody who’s going to come in and just tear this role to pieces.”
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:17 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Ironically I had just watched "Lords of Dogtown" right before they announced Ledger as the Joker and I LOVED the casting announcement.

Considering Ledgers resume at the time, my guess is that Nolan watched LoD and saw the potential of Joker.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:39 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Ironically I had just watched "Lords of Dogtown" right before they announced Ledger as the Joker and I LOVED the casting announcement.

Considering Ledgers resume at the time, my guess is that Nolan watched LoD and saw the potential of Joker.

Wuuuttt!? I dont want some homo cowboy portraying the Joker!

Yeah, I'm glad dipshits dont get to make these choices.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 34
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up