ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 103
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
petegz28 04:57 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He was.
I saw #3 Hunt at the QB spot the last drive...what was I missing?
[Reply]
petegz28 04:58 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Add another to the tally of folks that were thrown off by the WWI Jerseys today...
Ah okay....I didn't know they were doing that...my bad.
[Reply]
Best22 04:59 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I saw #3 Hunt at the QB spot the last drive...what was I missing?
It was the name of a fallen WWI vet. Everyone had them. Weird gimmick

Teams can only have one jersey number per player on one side of the ball
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:13 PM 11-10-2018
This team could easily be 9-1 and has absolutely no business not being 8-2.

Fuck this season is irritating.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:18 PM 11-10-2018

Kentucky game was a jobbing.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:54 PM 11-10-2018

[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:09 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I had to laugh the Monday after that game...one of the guys at work said " the SEC needed that Kentucky-Georgia game to be significant so that is why you guys got jobbed on that last call".
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:19 PM 11-10-2018
I think the success of Barry Odom at Missouri is going to come down to landing a QB for next year. If he can get Kelly Bryant, I think they’ll have a very nice season vs a pretty soft schedule and it will give him the stability and security he needs to get it going.

He still blows my mind at times - the decision to go for 2 On the first drive of the 3rd quarter was particularly confusing - but he’s going to do enough to earn at least one more year and probably 2 unless they just absolutely crater next year.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:29 PM 11-10-2018
I think the success of Barry Odom at Missouri is going to come down to landing a QB for next year. If he can get Kelly Bryant, I think they’ll have a very nice season vs a pretty soft schedule and it will give him the stability and security he needs to get it going.

He still blows my mind at times - the decision to go for 2 On the first drive of the 3rd quarter was particularly confusing - but he’s going to do enough to earn at least one more year and probably 2 unless they just absolutely crater next year.
The coach you should have had us currently undefeated
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:35 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
They had 8 drives in the second half, no meaningful offensive penalties and got zero first downs.

No it wasn't.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:37 PM 11-10-2018

I don't think they'll close the deal on Bryant unless all his SEC offers dry up and he just decides he wants to play in the SEC.

This staff hasn't shown me the chops to win a high profile recruiting fight for an out of state player, even a transfer kid.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:51 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The coach you should have had us currently undefeated
We will see what he does without your golden boy’s players and especially without Milton.

Will take much more to impress me.

I don't think they'll close the deal on Bryant unless all his SEC offers dry up and he just decides he wants to play in the SEC.

This staff hasn't shown me the chops to win a high profile recruiting fight for an out of state player, even a transfer kid.
If he wants to play a bunch, Mizzou is his best SEC offer. Down to Mizzou and UF from what DeArmond thinks, and UF has Emory Jones to keep happy.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:11 PM 11-10-2018
I'm not convinced he could recruit a starving family to a Golden Corral.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:12 PM 11-10-2018

There was nothing wrong with going for two there. If they kick the PAT, when they score later in the game, they go up 33-28, so they'd end up going for two in that spot anyway.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:22 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
There was nothing wrong with going for two there. If they kick the PAT, when they score later in the game, they go up 33-28, so they'd end up going for two in that spot anyway.

I disagree. Way to early to chase points. If they do the PAT early, it’s 21-20, then 28-20, then 28-27, then 34-28.

You should never attempt a 2-point conversion before the 4th, IMO, unless you’re down 24 and need 3 8-pt scores.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 103
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up