ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 386
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:42 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Because they filmed that in Ireland the animal laws are different. According to the post production report I read they actually did cut the horse's leg off in that scene. Worst part is they needed 3 takes.
Riiiight.

PITA would actually murder them.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:42 PM 08-06-2017
That's a great way to look at it.
I'm a "glass is half-full" kinda guy. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:43 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
What is everyone's take on the nods between Arya and Littlefinger, as well as the dissatisfaction from Sansa? That seemed odd.
Littlefinger was just in awe.

Sansa is struggling because while home feels comfortable she has NO IDEA who her siblings even are.
[Reply]
Dylan 09:44 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The simplest answer is that Bran is screwed in the head from having all of the knowledge he's experienced from the Weirwood and is constantly experiencing the present and the past all at once. Hence why he is creepily referencing Sansa's rape when speaking to her due to the fact he's not able to easily discern what's 'present'. This is a likely side effect from being an omniscient mortal like the original Three Eyed Raven.

What might be happening given he was a lot more lucid in speaking with Arya and Sansa but not necessarily with Meera was that he's intentionally acting aloof and disconnected because he thinks that's how he should act given his powers. Given the time he spent with Meera and her brother's sacrifice, he probably cares for her but instead remains cold and robotic in order to create distance between him and Meera to ensure she heads home and isn't in anymore danger from the White Walkers and does so with other people because he knows there's a big chance many people at Winterfell aren't going to make it.. if not outright can see their deaths as premonitions.
Great insight...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:44 PM 08-06-2017
Tarly don't surf.
That was Jamie sinking at the end of the episode right?
[Reply]
vailpass 09:45 PM 08-06-2017
What is everyone's take on the nods between Arya and Littlefinger, as well as the dissatisfaction from Sansa? That seemed odd.
Not sure. Little finger may have been nodding in fake deference.
Arya may have been adding his name to her list.
[Reply]
Dylan 09:47 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yes. Jamie is becoming a likable person.

Dany may be turning into her father... :-)
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:48 PM 08-06-2017
The simplest answer is that Bran is screwed in the head from having all of the knowledge he's experienced from the Weirwood and is constantly experiencing the present and the past all at once. Hence why he is creepily referencing Sansa's rape when speaking to her due to the fact he's not able to easily discern what's 'present'. This is a likely side effect from being an omniscient mortal like the original Three Eyed Raven.

What might be happening given he was a lot more lucid in speaking with Arya and Sansa but not necessarily with Meera was that he's intentionally acting aloof and disconnected because he thinks that's how he should act given his powers. Given the time he spent with Meera and her brother's sacrifice, he probably cares for her but instead remains cold and robotic in order to create distance between him and Meera to ensure she heads home and isn't in anymore danger from the White Walkers and does so with other people because he knows there's a big chance many people at Winterfell aren't going to make it.. if not outright can see their deaths as premonitions.
I'm not really sure of the full intent with Meer, but I just think he is so focused on what lies ahead, that feelings are the last thing he is afforded to consider. He is blunt because his mind is highly occupied at the moment.

Ever have someone trying to read your intentions when your mind is solely occupied with something else? Words come out quick and brash so you can get back to what you were so occupied with previously.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:48 PM 08-06-2017
I can't take credit, but Emergency Awesome pointed out that Little Finger saw where his dagger ended up with Arya. That tells him Bran has no interest in Little Finger which likely hurts Little Finger's chances of getting what he wants. And I'm sure Arya doesn't trust him given he was in King's Landing so she probably has it out for him in some way.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:48 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yup. I was just making an Apocalypse Now connection with Fields of Fire 2.0.

Pretty sure Bronn was the one who saved him from Drogon's morning breath, but it kinda looked like Dickon.

Speaking of which, I hope Dickon survived and bends the knee. He's clearly a lot more like Samwell than Randyll would be happy with. It also seemed like he knew turning against the Tyrells was probably a bad idea.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:49 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
If I were Jon Snow I'd be getting damn tired of Dany telling me to bend the knee. I hope at some point she needs his help, and he says "You bend the ****ing knee, bitch!".
They'll resolve that by getting married.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:51 PM 08-06-2017
Spoiler!

As to Dragons, I'd guess Viserion and Rhaegal are too small to be ridden owing to their captivity in the great Pyramid of Mereen.
They are definitely big enough to ride. Dany rode Drogon at the end of season 5 and he was still pretty small then. The other two would be much bigger than that by now.

And Drogon looked fine in the previews for next week. I noticed he came in roaring at Jon. I wonder if that's the first hint to the characters of Jon being Targaryan if Drogon gets friendly towards him.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:51 PM 08-06-2017
Not sure. Little finger may have been nodding in fake deference.
Arya may have been adding his name to her list.
I can't think of any previous interaction between them, nor do I see anything he has done within that sparring match to earn a roster spot on Arya's list. It was just odd to me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:51 PM 08-06-2017
Yup. I was just making an Apocalypse Now connection with Fields of Fire 2.0.

Pretty sure Bronn was the one who saved him from Drogon's morning breath, but it kinda looked like Dickon.

Speaking of which, I hope Dickon survived and bends the knee. He's clearly a lot more like Samwell than Randyll would be happy with. It also seemed like he knew turning against the Tyrells was probably a bad idea.
Dickon is Billy Bones in Black Sails. I hope he makes it.

I laughed really hard at him and Brons interaction. Especially Anton laughing when Jamie called him Rickon. :-)
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:52 PM 08-06-2017
They'll resolve that by getting married.
Or he gets her to "bend the knees." Eh, eh!?
[Reply]
Page 44 of 386
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up