ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 196 of 256
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206246 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:25 PM 03-09-2023
Sony is losing their shit over call of duty and making some real weird claims it's bizarre.

Also should I play through the Mass Effect trilogy?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:56 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Sony is losing their shit over call of duty and making some real weird claims it's bizarre.
COD is a huge revenue stream for both parties but it goes well beyond that.

Sony spent a lot of money and effort to bring up studios and produce high quality 1st party titles.

MS, on the other hand, doesn't have that and their strategy was just to go buy the biggest developers. Take over the development market for the biggest franchises (like Diablo, for example) and then keep them from Sony.

This is (and should be) a huge concern, not just for Sony fans, because it's extremely anti-competitive. MS has a habit of approaching competition this way, going all the way back to the 80's. I don't want to get into a pissing match about because people will just say I'm a Sony fanboy but I have never liked MS. Have had to deal them way too much in my career and they've NEVER actually had me, as a customer, in mind. It was all about maximizing profits.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:59 PM 03-09-2023

Also should I play through the Mass Effect trilogy?
Mass Effect is amazing, YES YES YES. One of the best experiences in gaming ever. The reason I love the Division so much is from Mass Effects cover shooter system, I really miss it since the 4th game was horrible.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:24 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Mass Effect is amazing, YES YES YES. One of the best experiences in gaming ever. The reason I love the Division so much is from Mass Effects cover shooter system, I really miss it since the 4th game was horrible.
I legit have never touched a mass effect game..so the remastered trilogy would be my first go.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:47 PM 03-09-2023
I legit have never touched a mass effect game..so the remastered trilogy would be my first go.
You are in for a treat, enjoy!
[Reply]
tredadda 08:48 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's only going to get worse. Both sides are going to start really doubling down on exclusives.
Which sucks for the gamer. I get Sony doing it for the studios they developed, but Microsoft just buying up everyone to keep their content off of Playstation is petty. I will say that both would make so much more money by making games available on all platforms. I just can't see keeping them exclusive so that people buy a console moves the needle enough to justify exclusivity. Again, I don't know so perhaps I am way off on this.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:57 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Picked up a copy of Hogwarts for the wife since she's big into Harry Potter. Watched her play it for several hours. Gorgeous game. Looks like fun. Was really surprised her toaster could run it.

FX 6350/GTX 1070/20GB Ram
I've been debating on this one. My son (24 years old) says he really enjoys it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:08 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I've been debating on this one. My son (24 years old) says he really enjoys it.
I'd say if you're a Harry Potter fan it's a must have. The world is as detailed and immersive as i've ever seen in a game. So i can only imagine the inner geek-out real fans must experience when they stroll through it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:39 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'd say if you're a Harry Potter fan it's a must have. The world is as detailed and immersive as i've ever seen in a game. So i can only imagine the inner geek-out real fans must experience when they stroll through it.
Thanks for making me spend $70. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Which sucks for the gamer. I get Sony doing it for the studios they developed, but Microsoft just buying up everyone to keep their content off of Playstation is petty. I will say that both would make so much more money by making games available on all platforms. I just can't see keeping them exclusive so that people buy a console moves the needle enough to justify exclusivity. Again, I don't know so perhaps I am way off on this.
For MS, it's more about securing titles for Game Pass. MS actually takes a bit of a loss on every console they sell. They don't want to sell hardware, they want to sell subscriptions.

MS is counting on their existing install base of Windows PC's. Sony doesn't have that embedded base so they have to sell physical machines just to get you into their ecosystem.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:58 PM 03-10-2023
For MS, it's more about securing titles for Game Pass. MS actually takes a bit of a loss on every console they sell. They don't want to sell hardware, they want to sell subscriptions.

MS is counting on their existing install base of Windows PC's. Sony doesn't have that embedded base so they have to sell physical machines just to get you into their ecosystem.
So much so they pay Sony to make the Show a day 1 release game pass title.

Also they seem perfectly willing to allow the titles on Playstation, Sony just doesn't wanna have to pay them for it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:01 PM 03-10-2023
So much so they pay Sony to make the Show a day 1 release game pass title.

Also they seem perfectly willing to allow the titles on Playstation, Sony just doesn't wanna have to pay them for it.
They're not willing to allow ALL titles on PS. In fact, right now they're threatening to go exclusive on several huge, cross-platform IP's.

Sure, they're willing to give Sony little games here and there, maybe an occasional AAA title. But if they're successful in getting what they want in the Zenimax acquisition, the shit is going to get real because titles like Elder Scrolls 6 (the next in line after Skyrim) are going to be Xbox-only.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:08 PM 03-10-2023
They're not willing to allow ALL titles on PS. In fact, right now they're threatening to go exclusive on several huge, cross-platform IP's.

Sure, they're willing to give Sony little games here and there, maybe an occasional AAA title. But if they're successful in getting what they want in the Zenimax acquisition, the shit is going to get real because titles like Elder Scrolls 6 (the next in line after Skyrim) are going to be Xbox-only.
Yea I could see that, right now Sony is having a total meltdown over call of duty even those MS said they'd put it on PS. Sony going so far as to say "they could put bugs in our version to make it suck on purpose"

Which of course led to people going...is this what you do Sony?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:14 PM 03-10-2023
Yea I could see that, right now Sony is having a total meltdown over call of duty even those MS said they'd put it on PS. Sony going so far as to say "they could put bugs in our version to make it suck on purpose"

I get that but you can't blame them for exploring every argument there is to be had. If MS gets the deal they want with no strings, it's going to be a big blow to gaming in general, let alone to Sony themselves.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:16 PM 03-10-2023

Yeah I think putting bugs in a game to get after a competitor is stupid, or at least if they do it they think gamers are stupid. I can’t think of the last game that had bugs and I blamed it on a system.
[Reply]
Page 196 of 256
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206246 > Last »
Up