ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 172
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
notorious 07:58 AM 02-17-2016
I expect the cops to stake out his house and bust him and Nacho.

Saul will be called by Nacho to defend him.

Mike will just roll his eyes and shake his head when he hears the news. :-)
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:59 AM 02-17-2016
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Agreed. I rewatched it tonight and it looks like it says "Kansas City Royals".

Did anybody understand the scene where the cops look behind the baseboard in that dudes living room? I'm slow and didn't understand.
They could tell by the fact that the entire room was a mess except where the couch pushed everything away. Unclear if Nacho took the stash or if it was from DumDum checking it was okay, then doing something with it before calling the cops. But probably the former.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:18 PM 02-17-2016
I thought the first episode was kinda boring. But it's been awhile too. Just wonderin' when we see when he becomes who he was in BB.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:47 PM 02-17-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I thought the first episode was kinda boring. But it's been awhile too. Just wonderin' when we see when he becomes who he was in BB.
I enjoyed the episode greatly because it showed that he's having a crisis, which of course will lead him to become Saul.

But with the way AMC is handling BCS, especially with their new program, Talking Saul, I think the transformation is going to happen very slowly, which it should, IMO.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:43 PM 02-17-2016
I binge watched season one. I liked it. It was better than I thought it would be.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 08:10 PM 02-17-2016
What is the deal with the switch? A metaphor, is all I can come up with. Jimmy has activated Saul in both aspects of flipping the switch and disobeying the rules.

:-)
[Reply]
eDave 08:13 PM 02-17-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
What is the deal with the switch? A metaphor, is all I can come up with. Jimmy has activated Saul in both aspects of flipping the switch and disobeying the rules.

And indication of his mischievous side. Not supposed to do it? Imma gonna do it. And nothing happened!
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:11 AM 02-18-2016
Ah thanks. Was thinking that's where he hid his cash.
which links to Mike telling him that Hummer was a bad idea and showed why he needed mike to back him up.. as the dumb dude let him investigate his stuff
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 08:16 AM 02-18-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
And indication of his mischievous side. Not supposed to do it? Imma gonna do it. And nothing happened!
Ok. Just making sure I didn't miss something. They named the episode "Seitch" so I figured there was a bit significance to it.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:06 AM 02-18-2016
Ah thanks. Was thinking that's where he hid his cash.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
frankotank 03:48 PM 02-19-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:

in previews for next show the gal is saying something like....can't you ever NOT break the rules!

wondering if it was a test....and he failed.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:09 PM 02-21-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I enjoyed the episode greatly because it showed that he's having a crisis, which of course will lead him to become Saul.

But with the way AMC is handling BCS, especially with their new program, Talking Saul, I think the transformation is going to happen very slowly, which it should, IMO.
Yeah, I can see that. I'm just impatient. That's Italian.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:20 PM 02-22-2016
Jimmy has a weak grasp on the legit path. Then his brother shows up at the meeting, and Jimmy's resentment causes him to choose the destructive path (which is much more entertaining for us).
[Reply]
eDave 11:58 PM 02-22-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
in previews for next show the gal is saying something like....can't you ever NOT break the rules!

wondering if it was a test....and he failed.
Contrast that against the opening when he didn't open the emergency exit.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:50 AM 02-23-2016
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Jimmy has a weak grasp on the legit path. Then his brother shows up at the meeting, and Jimmy's resentment causes him to choose the destructive path (which is much more entertaining for us).
There is a commercial on AMC that sums up Saul perfectly. He is driving and comes to a T intersection. To one side a storm is brewing and to the other it's bright sunshine. Instead of choosing a direction to turn he just drives straight through the T and off the road into the desert.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 172
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up